Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Stabwound

Arcane
Came to say that I have the exact same crash as mercyRPG

Looting the gate key from Aquavia (or whatever it's called) causes the game to crash with "ERROR 'ResPack.cpp' Line 671 Data Record Index Exceeds End Of Binary / 19"

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Congratulations on the release of your game, Cleve!

Amazing to see all ratings OverWhelmingly Positive! Since everyone agrees Your game is Bug Free as You stated that Grimoire has no bugs, I am now forced - acting on public opinion - to buy Grimoire.

uh.. wait.. just pressed F5...
:?
what ..
why is the rating section now say "mixed"

Have you ever produced anything that the public rated as 64% positive?

Weasel
Time to get some sleep Cleve:

BoKATQl.png

Tomatohead

Learned
Finally got around playing it. I made my team around a certain theme (2 x berserkers, Ranger, Thief, Mage and Cleric) and left two free slots in hopes for getting additional team members later on. Let's see how it goes, I'm probably not too intelligent to play the game properly.

PaMhSEe.jpg

jfunk

Augur
Did I miss it or has nobody mentioned that Cleve segregated smooth moving and smooth turning? With all the bitching about the turning, I'm surprised I haven't seen people talking that up.

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I have 7 hours played and so far I am quite happy. Slight learning curve remembering how to pick locks and a few other things, been years since I did the superdemo.

90% of negative steam reviews are just morons who bought it, only played for a few minutes, wrote a nasty review, then got a refund. Ignore them, they aren't actual gamers, just bored children.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Some more info:

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 7 hours ago
notification_icon_flag_dark.png
forum_topicicon_reply.png

Alt hand is used when situation permits. It is a combination of enemy response, current attack and multiple attack options. At very early levels your characters will use Alt hand irregularly but you will notice it's a very effective attack added on to their primary.

Most powerful beginning:

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 2 hours ago

Originally posted by Godwin:
On the topic of beginnings, which beginning do you recommend? So far it feels as if starting in Sanctuary starts you out with very nice bonuses (1000 instant xp included), so what beginning do you recommend if you want a difficult experience (and can you reach the other beginnings later on in the game)?

Sanctuary starts you out with a lot of power. It's the jump gate from Reality Hijinx for the bounty hunters and they get kitted out to start. You will also have the Xenoform Passcard for the big guns much later on in the game. The Star Gauntlet with Power Cell will make your first 20 or 50 combats much easier until your party gets on their feet.

Insider tips on how to git gud early on:

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 37 minutes ago

Cure Lt. Condition won't cure disease. In testing I saw that getting players with disease is a real challenge. This is why there are Galen Apples and Swamp Leeches in the game placed nearby.

Once you're in the Raptor Shrine, get all the loot and see how much of it is medicine. Now go to the trainer dungeon about 10 steps from the ladder of the Shrine before you try to wade through the Green Hand gang.

Go down there and go through the whole trainer dungeon in Aquavia and when you come back you will have all party members up a level and be loaded with loot. The Green Hand Gang won't know what hit them that time around.

You don't even know what you don't know:

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 1 hour ago

You will find hidden leeches at the edge of the pool in the woods. They simultaneously take HPs to rid the body of poison.

You may not have found out yet but you are actually surrounded by weapons, medicine and useful magic. It's all around you. Some of it you may actually be sleeping on top of.

Search the bushes, you will find Galen Apples. The other trees often have different flowers or fruits.

Grimoire is not an ordinary game.

Tomatohead

Learned
Did I miss it or has nobody mentioned that Cleve segregated smooth moving and smooth turning? With all the bitching about the turning, I'm surprised I haven't seen people talking that up.
But those settings don't actually work separately. If I enable smooth movement but step by step turning the turning will still be smooth (and bugged).

Jason Liang

Arcane
Hey, there's even a Chinese review already, wow. Who's the resident chink? Jason Liang, 是你干的坏事么?
1.BUG 这点我不得不批评一下Cleve,花了20年开发这游戏,每天都说自己辛苦成狗blah blah到最后还是有BUG,而且还是一设置成窗口模式就卡死,全屏吧,屏幕又是大黑边儿,难道不该检讨一下么? 还有就是切换游戏界面和桌面之后指针会各种残像,游戏有时候会卡住,转身的时候贴图会有问题 这些明显的问题竟然还会出现显然说不过去
Even the Chineses are not pleased with this much bug.

Holy shit I can read most of that. I guess living in China for almost 10 years has paid off.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I have 7 hours played and so far I am quite happy. Slight learning curve remembering how to pick locks and a few other things, been years since I did the superdemo.

90% of negative steam reviews are just morons who bought it, only played for a few minutes, wrote a nasty review, then got a refund. Ignore them, they aren't actual gamers, just bored children.
How do you lock pick? I know how to pull up the menu but I don't understand the mini game thing to do it.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Too hard? This game isn't hard at all at the beginning. Maybe later on but I wouldn't know yet. These "reviewers" play for 10 minutes, get wiped by ?WORMS? then rage quit like children. All bad reviews can be wrote off as butthurt sapes who kept saying the game was never coming out, they're so assblasted that they handle their cognitive dissonance by saying shit like "well it's a piece of shit anyways, Cleve can't program worth a damn, 0/10" or they are just pure mental midgets and don't understand how to play video games.
this is not unexpected. relax. all runs according to plan.

Stabwound

Arcane
I have to say, besides the crashes I seem to get 50% of the time I loot an item from battle, this game is exceptionally good so far. Seriously, fuck the retards spamming it with bad reviews after playing it for 20 minutes and crying.

The game is a little rough around the edges, yes, but I'm having a ton of fun with it so far.

(and please fix the loot crashes)

Repressed Homosexual
The amount of small details is simply astounding.

Ultimately this is the best hallmark of a great game I have found.

I thought it as how eager you were to replay it after having played it once, but I now think it is discussing the game's finer details and noticing the small intricaties and how well they are all woven together.

This is a game that is still going to be discussed and debated here in ten years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom