Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
You could have done this in normal league as well, nothing prevented you. Only advantage of separate SSF league is if you are into racing as those trading and running in groups are going to be more efficient. So for 99.99% of players this league means nothing.

Sorry but your answer in same in vein people who don't play hardcore speak about hardcore addition to game.
"well you could just delete your character !"

Does hardcore looks to you like joke too ?

Hardcore SSF is superior league to rest of modes. It changes completely how you play game and unlike mentioned by you let's pretend game it gives incentives to play it (ladder, gated community).
Not a valid comparison. In Hardcore you still trade and economy is very different due to people dying and losing all items.
And when you take that into account and if you are not racing main difference between Softcore where you just delete your character and Hardcore is exactly that. Everything else is just you telling yourself stories. Or you got a serious problem with self control and need outside source to help you delete your character for you.

And my point about SSF stands. It is a league for racers (or any kind of competitive players like people that run Uber Lab daily and try to be first) that don't like to party, everyone else is just telling themselves stories to feel better.

Sykar

Arcane
Well mine is 161% so I guess I could give it a try, though I am not sure if I even have any Divs.
Edit: Nope got none so I can forget about it.
Divs are trading at 1:24.5c on standard today. You should definitely try to div yours. I'll put some c and the ex in the guild stash.

I put 41 c and 1 ex in the first standard league guild stash tab in case anyone needs to buy divs or other crafting needs for today.

I am not in the codex guild though.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

You could have done this in normal league as well, nothing prevented you. Only advantage of separate SSF league is if you are into racing as those trading and running in groups are going to be more efficient. So for 99.99% of players this league means nothing.

Sorry but your answer in same in vein people who don't play hardcore speak about hardcore addition to game.

Hardcore SSF is superior league to rest of modes. It changes completely how you play game and unlike mentioned by you let's pretend game it gives incentives to play it (ladder, gated community).
Do people actually care about ladder? How do you even compete with streamers that are literally paid to play the game all day?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Do people actually care about ladder? How do you even compete with streamers that are literallly paid to play the game all day?
You play in league they are not in. Or you set a goal that they don't bother with (like being best Uber Lab runner).
Or you are a kiddy and it is summer so you also put in 16h days into the start of the league :)

Zdzisiu

Arcane
So wait, will players DL the patch all at the same time right after 3.0 hits live? Only a few hours left...
Have you never been here for any major patch before?

There will be a period of 2-3h to prepatch before the timer goes to zero. In that period you can download the patch but can't log into the game server. You are put into a queue and when the clock strike 0, people will be let onto the server in groups according to their position in the queue.

Perkel

Arcane
yngcs51fhablcib7pipr.jpg

Sykar

Arcane
Finally though my shitty internet connection will probably not be able to DL that before server launch.
60 kb/sec on average atm. Around 2 days DL! Well it goes up substantially later usually. Had DL rates of up to 700 kb/sec but the wireless connection is really shit during evening times.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
All prepped to go.
Going as infernal blow 2h slayer after all. I've finally gotten around to check out Path of Building, so I did some sweet, sweet min-maxing, so I'm looking at a pretty nice deeps + life.

Then I realised that the realm is already down, and I missed the last chance to slap on +% es elreon mod on some of my hi-end rings on Standard.:dealwithit:

Time to go catch some decent sleep, and I'll hopefulyl see you guys online in 9-10 hours, give or take.:salute:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I decided to run the reddit 1ex wander as a starter. Seems simple enough, never played a wander before and it wasn't nerfed much, or at all from what Ive seen.

Also, I need to prepare some supper now that there still is time.

Quatlo

Arcane
I've got my hands on 12 liters of discounted Strong Argus beer from lidl. Im fucking ready.

Perkel

Arcane
I really fucking love that Steam has way not to move games from driver to driver without any fuckery. Just after update i moved POE folder to my NVMe drive.

Love new GGG animation logo as well as introduction screen. Though i will miss that ship from before.

edit: 19500 in quee.. heh, 5 minutes !

Perkel

Arcane
Hyped as fuck.

Though i wish they would add character viewer. I mean instead of normal selection screen you would have place with group of people who are your characters outfitted with gear you wear etc.

Perkel

Arcane
queue is going down rather fast.

Though i fully expect servers crashing every hour for next day.

edit:

wow they improved netcode ! Before 3.0 patch i was getting ~40ms ping now i get ~33 ! That is A LOT difference as when you hit 50 (it happens occasionally) you can see stutter. This gives nice buffer for those occasions

Last edited:

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Went with inquisitor for storm burst may as well roll the dice and try the new skill, can't connect now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom