Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

TheGameSquid

Scholar
Sigh, just when I'm looking away and actually doing some work this thing gets released!

From the looks of it, I think I'll just wait until the manual gets released. In the meantime, Cleve can do some bug-fixing.

Based on first impressions, is this either more or less stable than the superdemo?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sorry, it is almost midnight and I went three days without sleep getting every single missile in the game regression tested. First thing tomorrow will send them.

When I paid for this on IndieGogo, you sent an e-mail asking if I wanted a GOG version or Steam and I chose GOG. I don't mind waiting for this to be up on GOG.com, but I was wondering if you had an estimate for when the game would be available on that site.

Oh and congratulations on releasing the game!

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Oh look, it's buggy to the point of being unplayable.

Remember all those times Cleve lied about polishing the game to superhuman perfection? Yeah, he was just trying to get it to run. For twenty five years. And failed in the end. Still a fraud and a liar!

:shitandpiss:

D!!

Educated
Yeah would be nice to know which dlls etc. you used.

amstream
avifil32
binkw32
devenum

dirac
directmusic
directplay
dmsynth
dpvoice
dsound

ffdshow
gdiplus
gdiplus_winxp
icodecs
l3codecx
mfc42
msvcirt
quartz
vcrun2008
vcrun2010
vcrun6sp6
vcrun6

Probably massive overkill, but I thought I'd try an avalanche to see whether it worked and then prune back. I've bolded the ones that seem most likely to have fixed the problem.

Missing half of this list in my PlayOnLinux "Components List", but one of those did the job. Thanks!

Vagiel

Augur
Anyone know what the search button on the map does? I assume to look for secret walls etc you search with each character so the search on the map I guess is for named places on the map?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Covenant

Savant
Time to start placing bets on whether Drog will honour his words and smoke his own pole before someone manages to finish the game.

I recreated my Wizardry 7 party and threw in an extra wizard and cleric to fill out the excess slots.

Aren't you supposed to leave the extra slots open so you've got room for the fairies with ADD and mopey vampires who can join you later?

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Do you sapes even realize the sheer productivity and output necessary to create a game as cosmic in size as Grimoire within the span of twenty years at the hands of one single Neanderthal?
You're about to be witness to what this übermensch is capable of when relegated to microissues-fixing duty.

jfunk

Augur
TLDR:
There are so many better games to play out there right now. This one isn't worth the time. The dev promised to deliver a well polished gem but this is a unpolished turd that is hardly different from the super demo he released years ago.

This guy's an idiot. Most of the interface issues he complains about anybody with three digits in their IQ would figure out in about 90 seconds. Can't exit the game, which means he hasn't even attempted to click on the main interface buttons to see what they do.

jfunk

Augur
Sorry, it is almost midnight and I went three days without sleep getting every single missile in the game regression tested. First thing tomorrow will send them.

When I paid for this on IndieGogo, you sent an e-mail asking if I wanted a GOG version or Steam and I chose GOG. I don't mind waiting for this to be up on GOG.com, but I was wondering if you had an estimate for when the game would be available on that site.

Oh and congratulations on releasing the game!

You will get a Steam key and you will also get the game on GOG when it's available. No timetable, Cleve said he will release it on GOG after it is polished up based on all the bug reports/suggestions from the Steam release.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Time to start placing bets on whether Drog will honour his words and smoke his own pole before someone manages to finish the game.

I recreated my Wizardry 7 party and threw in an extra wizard and cleric to fill out the excess slots.

Aren't you supposed to leave the extra slots open so you've got room for the fairies with ADD and mopey vampires who can join you later?
No. You can dismiss party members when taking new recruits, and dismissed party members can be recovered from the Shrine of the Raptor if you want them back again later on.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Many do not acknowledge it, but we've been played. Like Stéphane Mallarmé's absolute Book, Grimoire's promise was never meant to be fulfilled. Now that the troll opera has attained its narrative climax, the only way forward is down.

The decline has begun again. Who shall take up the mantle and rekindle the illusory flame?

bataille

Arcane
Where is the secret? Scouting detected a secret, the spell did as well. But what is the secret?

tgyku_luy8.jpg

u_kuliu.jpg

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Ugh. Brain is crashing I need to sleep and get supplies for the weekend to play this more.

Luckily I saved 4USD by purchasing the game on launch that is worth a few snacks.

Nixheb

Arcane
I pray that Nixheb is able to play this bug free. I'm not sure there was anyone looking forward to the release as much as he was.
Well well well.... Been following the forces of incline gathering this week from a shitty iPhone 4 with a Edge connection... What a ride ! I took the opportunity yesterday to share the whole story with my 11yo son. He was baffled.
And when I told him it was released several hours ago, refreshing the other historical thread every three minutes under the "stop using your phone while being at the dining table with the whole family you geek !" glance from other saps, I saw a genuine excitement and astonishment in his eyes.

I'm proud of being part of this insignificant but major moment of crpg history.
I'm looking forward to play the game tomorrow when being back at home. Just hope to have my steam key in my mailbox !
Big hugs to all of my beloved inmates until then ! :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom