Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[POLL] Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?

Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?

• Total voters
Introvert. But why? I know I have a range of mental disorders. I got teased a lot growing up. I've spent most my life trying to answer obscure, pointless questions, quite enjoying it for all its worth.

Some time ago I did personality tests because I was curious. First time was maybe 10-15 years ago. The result was intp. I did another test some years later and the results were same.

I saved the results:
Introverted (I) 67.86% Extroverted (E) 32.14%
Intuitive (N) 68.57% Sensing (S) 31.43%
Thinking (T) 53.13% Feeling (F) 46.88%
Perceiving (P) 54.55% Judging (J) 45.45%

Studies show these Myers-Brig personality metrics don't amount to much in the real world. The careers we're supposed to like don't match up with real life outcomes, for exmaple.

These were the careers listed--yes, I saved this too:
favored careers:
philosopher, game designer, scientist, software engineer, freelance artist, research scientist, assassin, freelance writer, physicist, software developer, mathematician, geologist, computer scientist, philosophy professor, webmaster, slacker, medical researcher, painter, mortician, systems analyst, comic book artist, computer technician, website designer, scholar, archeologist, computer repair, forensic anthropologist, astronaut, researcher, historian, systems engineer, genetics researcher, astronomer, environmental scientist, egyptologist

disfavored careers:
human resources, public relations, social worker, guidance counselor, health care worker, trainer, school teacher, wedding planner, movie star, hospitality worker, supervisor, child care worker, fundraiser, customer service, stay at home parent, office administrator
Foir me, none of the work I've done applies to the favored, instead to the disfavored or other. However, my hobbies all align with favored. For example, my degree is comptuer science. I programmed at an early age. My interests are mostly in computer science, astronomy, science ficion, philosophy, non-linear phenomena, biomimicry, mandelbrot equations and so on. Being thngs as they're, god-or creation--didn't give me the full mental compliments.

And so that's me. A evolutionary mixup destined for greatness happiness fullfillment the dustbin.

If I ruined your perfect day, have some of this:

I apologize.

Last edited:

Norfleet

Studies show these Myers-Brig personality metrics don't amount to much in the real world. The careers we're supposed to like don't match up with real life outcomes, for exmaple.
Of course not. Because there's a finite pool of jobs you like, and in the real world, most people are working shit jobs they hate for the money.

Foir me, none of the work I've done applies to the favored, instead to the disfavored or other. However, my hobbies all align with favored.
So, you're just like many: Working a shitty job you actually hate for money. Because if you haven't noticed, most of the jobs in your favored list either require qualifications you can't or wouldn't be bothered to get, are of greatly limited supply, or pay shit.

Studies show these Myers-Brig personality metrics don't amount to much in the real world.

and i totally agree on that. i'm an entj, i'm supposed to belong to the 2% of the population which can't absolutely fail whatever they want to do. but in the end here i am...

Ahumata

Literate
I have no lack of social skills, I can interact with people pretty easily, everyone tends to like me whether they're rich, poor, young, old, you name it.

It's just that interacting with people is so fucking tiring!

Definitely introvert.

Norfleet

and i totally agree on that. i'm an entj, i'm supposed to belong to the 2% of the population which can't absolutely fail whatever they want to do. but in the end here i am...
Nah, ENTJs fail all the time. In fact, it's almost inevitable. They're people whose reach exceeds their grasp, and inevitably wind up trying to consume energy fields larger than their own heads, being caught in the collapse of their Fortresses of Evil, or some other demise of their own making, usually while screaming things like "Nooo! It's impossible! THIS CANNOT BE!".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom