Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Woah, there is some serious pettiness going on in the thread.

Not enough for me to lose respect for individuals but still very surprising behaviour. Posting on cuckchan or alluding to piracy? This kind of behaviour only degrades yourself.

What else they have left than doubling down at going full retardo?

"There is no game11111"
"It's only the superdemo1111"
"It is shit anyway LOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLLOLOL can't hear you".

Anything to dodge eating crows and sucking themselves off, can't blame them.

But so far, we don't really know if the game can be completed.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
What do all the various stats govern and what is destiny? When I try to assign bonus rolls to attributes, they don't actually seem to increase anything.

Jinn

Arcane
So wait, RPGWatch hates Grimoire? As if they couldn't become any more loathsome. They consider themselves to have a fair perspective, yet they call Grimoire a "shoddy wizardry clone" only a couple hours after it's release.

What do all the various stats govern and what is destiny? When I try to assign bonus rolls to attributes, they don't actually seem to increase anything.

Would love a little rundown on this stuff myself.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
We should perhaps take a moment to appreciate the graphics. While the stock image titlescreen is still ridiculous, all these recent images and video footage remind us that the art assets and portraits are really beautiful and colorful and imaginative. We perhaps too easily took that for granted after twenty years but now can see it as if it was the first time and what we see is wonderful.

Provided its not an error message popping up, of course. Thats not so wonderful.

Last edited:
What combination of Difficulty Level and Wandering Monsters are people using for the authentic Grimoire experience?

Feel free to also mention your estimated thal genetic composition so I can scale appropriately to my level. Alas, I am almost certainly 100% sapiens.

mondblut

Arcane

Destiny is more or less the same as Karma in Wizardry, i.e. Luck. Specifics, ask Cleve.

The bonus to attributes you can assign once you are in the game. Just double-click on the portrait, and

(inspect log for error information)

Repressed Homosexual
So wait, RPGWatch hates Grimoire? As if they couldn't become any more loathsome. They consider themselves to have a fair perspective, yet they call Grimoire a "shoddy wizardry clone" only a couple hours after it's release.

Would love a little rundown on this stuff myself.

RPGWatch has went full on SJW with an influx of recent fags and trannies

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Yeah would be nice to know which dlls etc. you used.

amstream
avifil32
binkw32
devenum

dirac
directmusic
directplay
dmsynth
dpvoice
dsound

ffdshow
gdiplus
gdiplus_winxp
icodecs
l3codecx
mfc42
msvcirt
quartz
vcrun2008
vcrun2010
vcrun6sp6
vcrun6

Probably massive overkill, but I thought I'd try an avalanche to see whether it worked and then prune back. I've bolded the ones that seem most likely to have fixed the problem.

hellbent

Augur
Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Yeah to be frank the graphics are actually pretty good, I especially liked the 3 frame 5 color ?SQUIRREL? animations. Or the 3 color 2 frame penis worms.

This is on the level of Chris-chan, honestly. So bad it feels like an elaborate troll, but deep inside you understand that the creator is just insane.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer

Destiny is more or less the same as Karma in Wizardry, i.e. Luck. Specifics, ask Cleve.

The bonus to attributes you can assign once you are in the game. Just double-click on the portrait, and

(inspect log for error information)
Does it actually do anything? I don't think Karma did anything in Wizardry.

Lord Andre

Arcane

I don't think increasing attributed changes any value until after your first level up then it kicks in. Better to assign extra points to skills - those work right away.

And make sure to watch your hp and mp when rolling a character, they are random and a character with super good starting points (25+) can be gimped by being blessed with shit MP or HP. Same applies for vitality.

Sultan

Novice
Patron
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Would love an Enhanced HD Edition. Basically fix teh bugs, stretch the full screen and make a more intuitive and less cumbersome UI. :salute:
Yeah me too. I'd love it if it was a completely different game made by a competent developer.
This is surprising considering you were begging for a download link and getting so hot that you wanted to suck yourself off.

jfunk

Augur
Cleve, please get those backer keys out by 8pm EST when my kid goes to bed. It's my wedding anniversary today too, but fuck that shit Grimoire is out!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom