Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Tomatohead

Learned
Congrats on the release! This makes one good weekend. I need to finish few personal things and then I'm going to get the game as well. Hope you have still have plans for future patches and support. I hope this sells well.

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I get an error about .MID files. I think it's because it's racist against Linux.

Looks like I have the same error here (Ubuntu 16.04 & Windows Steam version via Wine)

This turned out to be the problem for many players. The game was never advertised as Wine compatible. Ever. Nor tested in that environment. I can't believe people complain about bugs and fail to mention they aren't even running it in a Windows OS. That's insane.

Looks like you don't know how to actually ignore people either.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I get an error about .MID files. I think it's because it's racist against Linux.

Looks like I have the same error here (Ubuntu 16.04 & Windows Steam version via Wine)

This turned out to be the problem for many players. The game was never advertised as Wine compatible. Ever. Nor tested in that environment. I can't believe people complain about bugs and fail to mention they aren't even running it in a Windows OS. That's insane.
Hahahaha love how i just read your comment and saw a few bugs on the stream beneath your comment.

Weasel
Yep, the "never coming out" crowd on BF also onto "it's buggy/shit" now. That just leaves the "it's only the superdemo" bunch yet to make that pivot.

pqo4Jvf.png

D!!

Educated
Superdemo works perfectly in Wine 2.x. I'll try out release version as soon as I'll get back home. Timidity is installed. Ubuntu 16.04

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In

Given that it's not a mainstream game I'm pleasantly surprised that I didn't need to do anything radical to get it working in Wine. Just a few extra dlls and it's fine. My only problem now is that the bird calls on the title screen are getting the cat over-excited!

Grimoire - so realistic that your cat will go mental looking for imaginary birds.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
IuCK34j.png

:whatho:

WTF just happened,Grimoire was not only released but it's on Steam's top 10 list?

Has the First Seal been broken?
Are these the end times?

Last edited:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I am playing on windows 7 and the game crashes

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Sorry I missed it earlier, which sound is from Monty Python? Are you guys sure it's actually their sound and not something that is public domain or available in a bulk license that MP just also happened to use? There's lots of this stuff. The exact same door open sound from ES:Arena is used in almost every single TV show when there is a stereotypical "creaky door".

It's a perfect replica produced by Ellsworth Hall after a hundred takes. Ellsworth sent me that specifically requested to mimic the original.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
You need to setup timidity++ to have midi support in wine. There are many guides for it.

I'm not sure that's the case. I don't have timidity installed. I suspect Cleve is using some kind of software synthesiser. The credits lists the Miles sound system, which would be a good place to start.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last night I felt an inexplicable sense of euphoria for no reason at all. I thought I was hallucinating when I woke up suddenly. Now I realize I have become so connected to Grimoire that my soul was literally dancing with joy even though my mind had not come to comprehend the scope of events occuring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom