Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

zerosum

Novice
Patron
I bought it, and find the random crashes entertaining, but I am used to Obsidian games so have a high tolerance for buggy releases. Now to wind this fucking clock...

mondblut

Arcane
Sorry I missed it earlier, which sound is from Monty Python? Are you guys sure it's actually their sound and not something that is public domain or available in a bulk license that MP just also happened to use? There's lots of this stuff. The exact same door open sound from ES:Arena is used in almost every single TV show when there is a stereotypical "creaky door".
When fleeing, the sample "run away, run away" is played which is straight outta Monthy Python movie, no doubt here.

That counts as an easter egg. The way you say it, Fallout should be sued to death for its countless Python references.

Fate: Gates of Dawn was rumored to pull its entire sound library from Holy Grail, and nobody seemed to care.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
1501849945545.png

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorry I missed it earlier, which sound is from Monty Python? Are you guys sure it's actually their sound and not something that is public domain or available in a bulk license that MP just also happened to use? There's lots of this stuff. The exact same door open sound from ES:Arena is used in almost every single TV show when there is a stereotypical "creaky door".
When fleeing, the sample "run away, run away" is played which is straight outta Monthy Python movie, no doubt here.

That counts as an easter egg. The way you say it, Fallout should be sued to death for its countless Python references.

Fate: Gates of Dawn was rumored to pull its entire sound library from Holy Grail, and nobody seemed to care.
References != using other people's assets.
Anyways, dude asked whether it is really a sound from a monthy python movie and I replied that it was without a doubt. Any legal implications have been made by you, not me.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

I think a lot of people are going to interpret Cleve's tongue-in-cheek humor as a mistake or bug. Took 2 seconds to see the ?Squirrel? thing was a joke but I guess these lolcows still have some milk in them.

Vagiel

Augur
Love the drama going on right now but I would like to actually play. Any one have any idea on how to circumvent the portrait click bug?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Lord Andre

Arcane
First of all, regarding refunding the game: what a bunch of losers, it's called disposable cash, get some fucking money together.

Onward: DashiDMV Cleveland Mark Blakemore

I'm not going to say I'm sorry for all the mean things I said because I'm not and it would be meaningless anyway.

What I am going to say is congratulations on getting the game out. You made it to the other side. Salute and best of luck in the future!

:salute:

Now I'm off to get supplies and then play the game. I'll find out how to min-max this fucker even if it takes me all weekend...

zerosum

Novice
Patron
hmm combat mechanics are confusing. fortunately if you get frustrated trying to figure them out there is a button to end the game!

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Already 68 owners suckers. P. T. Barnum would be proud of this stunt.

Thankfully none of the Codexers on my friend list are dumb enough to buy this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom