Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

ilitarist

Learned
Illiterate Village Idiot
I really need to play some good RPG now. Any suggestions?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Would buy but.. is there any guarantee its not just the superdemo rereleased ? or is there an .exe at all ?

Yes there is .exe
5FjGr6.jpg
Where is the uninstall.exe ?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sorry I missed it earlier, which sound is from Monty Python? Are you guys sure it's actually their sound and not something that is public domain or available in a bulk license that MP just also happened to use? There's lots of this stuff. The exact same door open sound from ES:Arena is used in almost every single TV show when there is a stereotypical "creaky door".
When fleeing, the sample "run away, run away" is played which is straight outta Monthy Python movie, no doubt here.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I feel pretty bad for Cleve right now. He finally triumphantly released the game and now everyone is making fun of it, his life's work. It is pretty funny too though.

DoomIhlVaria

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cleve using "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" soundbites for his game: confirmed.

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY 1 - 0 CMB

He thought people wouldn't find out, or rather that they would find it cute?

You know what other game did that? Warcraft. (Standard combat sound is taken from the Black Knight scene.)

Did they get sued? Not to my knowledge.

Why should Cleve worry then?
I'm pretty sure Cleve's short sampling in a parody context constitutes fair use under US copyright. But IANAL.

jfunk

Augur
I really need to play some good RPG now. Any suggestions?
I'm currently replaying Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and wondering if anything of the same calibre will ever be released again.

If you don't think Bloodlines should have been purged from the earth for the condition it was released in, you should have plenty of tolerance for the bugs in Grimoire. Or did you not play it until volunteers spent 10 years trying to fix/finish it for them?

Casual Hero

Augur
Hey! It's out, nice. So now it looks like the believers are now becoming the people who are saying it is an actual full game, and the naysayers are still in denial, either refunding it or saying it probably sucks.
The cycle may never end.

FroBodine

Barely Literate
Congratulations, Cleveland. You finally did it. We all live in a different world now.

Please produce the manual in a timely manner, and fix any fucking bugs that you said were all fixed.

I look forward to playing when I get home from work this afternoon.

mastroego

Arcane
Possibly the "WTF I am reading" rating record.

Well I'm happy that anti-globalist based Cleve turned out to be legit (or sort of) :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom