Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

TigerKnee

Arcane
I did not believe a baby could fly.

I was wrong. :salute:

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
NCfJCAZ.jpg

trimethylsilyl

Educated
Holy shit, it does crash a lot.
The weird turning bug isn't fixed either, did he comment on that earlier?
And he really needs to expand on that neon green paper doll, at least differentiate between the different races or something.

railway

Educated
Of course Grimoire had to be released right after I had a couple days off. :negative:

So far I only created a party and fought a couple enemies in the woods and shrine. Haven't encountered a single crash or other issue though.

Prime Junta

The Codex will never be the same: this occasion deserves a suitable memorial.

Therefore, I hereby move that Prosperium be renamed to honour the creator of Grimoire.

jfunk

Augur
Holy shit, it does crash a lot.
The weird turning bug isn't fixed either, did he comment on that earlier?
And he really needs to expand on that neon green paper doll, at least differentiate between the different races or something.

The graphical "glitch" when turning isn't really a bug, it's simply a limitation of the tech. It's not going anywhere, ever. There is no 45 degree angle view of the world to show you, so you get a weird half and half view. Old 2D grid based with smooth scrolling like Lands of Lore had the exact same issue. LoL handled it by speeding the animation up so much it just looked like a blur (and people didn't really expect any different back then anyway).

You basically have to choose between smooth scroll with weird frame in the middle or instant step movement.

The cosmetic appearance of the paper doll is probably number 62738572 on the list of shit that could use attention right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom