Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The game is definitely worth 40 dollars but it might have been a better business move to stick to around 30 dollars, since plenty of people refuse to buy games this "old" for 40 and up.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
With all the new recorded lines I had a sliver of hope that they'd recast Laura's VA but no such luck. Sounds like a guy trying to pass as a girl.

Anywho, with Rean no longer being a mute and the game playing and looking infinitely better than even the PS3 version I don't mind the current $36 price.

Deleted member 7219

CS Undub Patch

Is it worth it?

Nah you don't get the new recorded lines and the English dub is pretty good anyway.

I completely agree with this. I don't get how people are so upset over the English VAs. They're not bad at all. Some voices, like Towa, are pretty grating but that's to be expected from this kind of game.
As a Ghibli fan I get how watching it in the original Japanese with subtitles is :obviously: and :incline: but they weren't able to get the Japanese voices, full stop. They tried and they were told no. There's people in the Steam forums (and elsewhere on the net) saying they won't buy it. So basically, the very people you would hope would buy the game because they have an interest in it, aren't, because of something that isn't even XSEED's fault or power to change.

Deleted member 7219

The game is definitely worth 40 dollars but it might have been a better business move to stick to around 30 dollars, since plenty of people refuse to buy games this "old" for 40 and up.

XSEED don't want to devalue their games, it seems, and I can completely understand why. Games seem to half their value after a year and Steam sales mean people learn not to buy games until they're on sale at a massively reduced price.

At least with XSEED games you know the price you pay on launch will basically always be the price (except in rare periods), so there's no incentive to wait. You're not being penalised for buying right away.

flyingjohn

Arcane
CS Undub Patch

Is it worth it?

Nah you don't get the new recorded lines and the English dub is pretty good anyway.
Not to mention the entire notion of Japanese sounds better only works if you understand Japanese in the first place.
If you don't ,then the only way to understand the scene is through the English subtitles.And that means you have no actual way to understand the context of the scene and judge whatever the Japanese actually does a better job.
And why do i have a feeling that all these people asking for Japanese audio couldn't distinguish between basic hiragana/katakana characters.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Interestingly this is the first Falcom game on Steam (before Ys 8) that is also available in Japanese text. (And Japanese gamers complain about the lack of Japanese VA, which is understandable than weeb gaijins upset about it.)

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
I have a strange problem in this game. Setting FPS to unlimited makes the cursor too sensitive in menus making it impossible to navigate with either keyboard or controller. Locking FPS to 60 seems to fix the issue though. Anyone else have this issue?

flyingjohn

Arcane
I have a strange problem in this game. Setting FPS to unlimited makes the cursor too sensitive in menus making it impossible to navigate with either keyboard or controller. Locking FPS to 60 seems to fix the issue though. Anyone else have this issue?
They do warn in the tool tips that some things might break with unlimited frame rate.
Locked to 60 works nicely.

Deleted member 7219

Anyone else have some movement stutter when running around (at the normal speed). It's like Rean stumbles slightly after running a few paces. I'm locked at 60 FPS and my framerate is stable.

duanth123

Arcane
CS Undub Patch

Is it worth it?

I completely agree with this. I don't get how people are so upset over the English VAs. They're not bad at all. Some voices, like Towa, are pretty grating but that's to be expected from this kind of game.
As a Ghibli fan I get how watching it in the original Japanese with subtitles is :obviously: and :incline: but they weren't able to get the Japanese voices, full stop. They tried and they were told no. There's people in the Steam forums (and elsewhere on the net) saying they won't buy it. So basically, the very people you would hope would buy the game because they have an interest in it, aren't, because of something that isn't even XSEED's fault or power to change.

Rean sounds like a man in his mid 30s. I can't stand it; would recommend undub.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the voice acting was good. not great, but good.

also olivert with voice. but that's olivert and not olivier, i wonder how olivier would sound

Deleted member 7219

also olivert with voice. but that's olivert and not olivier, i wonder how olivier would sound

It would be interesting to know what made Olivier grow up in between TitS 3 and ToCS 1. Obviously he finds out about the threat to Erebonia in TitS 3 but he goes through almost a complete personality change, becoming more straight and serious and I don't think he tries to flirt with anyone even once.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It would be interesting to know what made Olivier grow up in between TitS 3 and ToCS 1. Obviously he finds out about the threat to Erebonia in TitS 3 but he goes through almost a complete personality change, becoming more straight and serious and I don't think he tries to flirt with anyone even once.
well, tbh he always has that duality. From what i get he has been seeking the time and scheming before even tits 1. I mean his coming to liberl is some kind of escape from the political unrest while he seek allies and scheme.

It is tho, estelle's adventure really inspired him. Different people from various background working together and form bond then achieved many great things.

Tits gangs are the muse for class 7 creation. He seeks to replicate that camaraderie in tits group where everyone grow together and do great things.

And of course in erebonia he cannot act like a complete buffon especially in public because that will ruin any interest, alliances and powet he has.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
So is Nightmare as the menu says? Intended only for NG+? I started on hard and at least the prologue felt pretty easy.

Also where are my funny treasure chest messages :cry:

Deleted member 7219

So is Nightmare as the menu says? Intended only for NG+? I started on hard and at least the prologue felt pretty easy.

It gets harder. I wouldn't recommend a high difficulty on your first playthrough unless you like long battles.

I've started my PC playthrough on hard but that's because I know the best builds for each character.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Speaking of builds, i took shots of the end game ones I had for my A team (Rean/Alisa/Jusis/Laura), so I have to go through the trouble of doing it from scratch. I had "domination" with Laura, and let's just say there's a reason why I called her my "nuker" thanks to it.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Nightmare is perfectly playable and beatable right from the start in all these games.

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
ITS MY TURN ITS MY TURN ITS MY TURN. The writing for this game is atrocious.
7bYPplU.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Cold Steel PC 1.1 update: http://steamcommunity.com/app/538680/discussions/0/1471967615843483293/

Version 1.1 (Build 2011989) patch notes

Hello everyone!

I hope you are enjoying the game. If you are affected by some issue, I'm happy to announce that version 1.1 of the game just went online, which includes fixes to many of the more common problems encountered, as well as some new features based on feedback from the community.

It includes the following changes.

Bug fixes
  • Fix text rendering corruption issue when button prompts are displayed on some systems
  • Fix Depth of Field issue in cutscenes on Intel GPUs with MSAA enabled
  • Do not close the game when Alt+F4 is pressed and another program has the focus
  • Fixed some minor text issues
New Features:
  • Added an option to skip all movies
  • Added configurable speedup factors for Turbo mode
    (separate factors for battle and field exploration are possible)
  • Added a "Mouse Sensitivity" option to the mouse / keyboard configuration menu
    (also reworked mouse camera controls to eliminate acceleration)

Note:
If you encoutner any new issues with this version, you can revert to the previous version (1.0) by right-clicking the game in your Steam library, selecting "Properties", then selecting the "BETAS" tab, and chosing "version_1.0" in the drop-down menu.

Enjoy! We will continue to do our best to resolve any issues and improve the game further.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The only issues I've had so far is that when I exit the menu, some times the game runs really choppy for some time after that, but then returns back to normal and some of the tutorial texts showing up weird and glitchy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom