Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm a bit torn. I'd like to try out the new Scion buffs but I don't want to be stuck with a shitty Scion in league again like last time.

I did learn a lot about Scion last time and the balance changes seem to favor Scion but she could still be shit.

As for skill I will probably try one of the new channelling skills and run cwc again. I only took a glimpse at the buffs to uniques, so who knows maybe there will be a unique that catches my eye.

I had a lot of fun with Dancing Dervish last time, but I don't want to play a Necro again. I doubt Dancing Dervish is viable without Necro. I noticed they've made a significant change to Doryani's Fist though. Depending on the change maybe Dancing Dervish can work after all.

They didn't really buff anything that I would be interested in. For eample, if they buffed Ice Golem and/or Lightning Golem to be equivalent to Flame Golem, I'd be game.

The new Ornament from the East seems like a good weapon to put SRS. A corrupted Ornament with melee splash and free faster attacks is basically a 5L.

What's the opinion on the new bandit quest rewards?

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
So, niggaz, what's your planned builds?
I was planning on doing my first as infernal blow 2h slayer, but then I realised that a lot of the new bosses are pure cancer for true melee.
Since I don't want murderous stuff to distract me from enjoying the new views, I decided that I'm gonna do something low-effort.
So, I'm gonna do SRS templar for leveling, then transition into low-life RF topkek.
Zdzisiu , I hope you're gonna play, I'll need your expert advice on how to not fuck up my build royally :P.

Occultist/Essence Drain:
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAPUACBMA...7Cfba6roNfKKjD8Q7fLjKBUIsnITFGo_ZEy9vAAAAAAA=

Elementalist/CwC Scorching Ray/Ice Storm:
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAN0ACCMA...85VgHiEId2UNU9HH56EGHnL4NHzwoTm2lxJwyAAAAAAA=

ArchAngel

Arcane
my minions will be quite beefy and have close to 70% block chance.
I can probably run with spectres without caring about them much. Which spectres will be best supports?
Besides evangelist i can have 2 more.
Are spectres viable source of curses? If i can run with 2 curses, will 2 spectres with different curse cancel each other?
Is this spider caster thingy summoning skeletons as spectre?
Any spectre with life scaling dmg? RIghteous fire appear to be fixed and no info on chaos degen aura.
I am not an expert on spectres but I am pretty sure minions don't have your no. of curse limits, as in they can only curse once and will override your curse limits.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm a bit torn. I'd like to try out the new Scion buffs but I don't want to be stuck with a shitty Scion in league again like last time.

I did learn a lot about Scion last time and the balance changes seem to favor Scion but she could still be shit.

As for skill I will probably try one of the new channelling skills and run cwc again. I only took a glimpse at the buffs to uniques, so who knows maybe there will be a unique that catches my eye.

I had a lot of fun with Dancing Dervish last time, but I don't want to play a Necro again. I doubt Dancing Dervish is viable without Necro. I noticed they've made a significant change to Doryani's Fist though. Depending on the change maybe Dancing Dervish can work after all.

They didn't really buff anything that I would be interested in. For eample, if they buffed Ice Golem and/or Lightning Golem to be equivalent to Flame Golem, I'd be game.

The new Ornament from the East seems like a good weapon to put SRS. A corrupted Ornament with melee splash and free faster attacks is basically a 5L.

What's the opinion on the new bandit quest rewards?
Scion is now best Crit ascendancy (Assassin subclass). Then you combine it with Elementalist (to get 50% elemental reflect reduction) or Slayer (to get 50% physical reflect reduction).
Or if you are going totems and want to try Soul Mantle +2 kikazaru combo you take scion and pick Guardian and something else.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Or maybe I should try an ele wander.

Or finally SRS because everybody says its gonna be good.

God damn, indecision again!

T. Reich

Arcane
SRS never stopped being good.
It was OP at first, then it got shit because its AI got shat on, then it got much better when ascendancies came out, then it got better still with breach uniques.
After 3.0.0 it's gonna lose the poison sexiness and high ES on low-life necro sexiness, but it's still quite good both for leveling and endgame.
It's simply not sexy enough for the clear speed meta crowd.

I think ele wanders are still OPOP, just less so than pre-3.0.0 because you lose some survivability due to ES and VP nerfs. But you still deal bonkers damage with it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This league is going to see a lot of Berserkers, that is for sure. Especially spellcasters. In addition to "free" 40% more multi you also get free life and mana leech. Only Crit inquisitor can counter it for boss fights and if you want to fuck around with consecrated ground stuff. With double dipping gone Elementalist is mostly dead.
Maybe new Shock can somehow make Elementalist useful (if Shocking Conflux gives 2s of Shock no matter the damage dealt) but it is not going to be best for non crit elemental builds.

Veelq

Augur
As a league starter ill prolly do one of these :
- Crit Spark Nova Totems as Hierophant for lotsa sparks
- Meatball Raider because cyclone buff
- Something with Dark Pact
When i figure out how degens work now ill try to make a build with all possible degens in one for lulz.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As a league starter ill prolly do one of these :
- Crit Spark Nova Totems as Hierophant for lotsa sparks
- Meatball Raider because cyclone buff
- Something with Dark Pact
When i figure out how degens work now ill try to make a build with all possible degens in one for lulz.
Wear the new chaos degen armor. Activate RF. Then use Scorching Ray + CwC + ED. Congrats you are now using all relevant degen options :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
By the way, is Perfect Agony mandatory for ED builds now?
Did anyone ever do ED crit builds?!
You do ED like before, you just don't use poison now. In beta ED CI Occultist did Shaper with no problems.

Perfect Agony only works with ignite, poison and bleed, not all DoTs (like ED's DoT).

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
-100% cold Glacial Cascade Elementalist
-LL RF/Scorching Ray Trickster
-Stormcall Elementalist

-once Dark Pact gets released properly, I'm gonna try a Baron/Iron Will/Dark Pact Occultist. Might also just go selfcast depending on how clunky summoning skeletons for map-clearing feels

Quatlo

Arcane
20525890_1757623830917689_1203364733470587559_n.png

Jesus christ thats a lot to take in.
The base damage seem spretty crap, but it has 40% more attack speed built in + EXPROOSIONS so its not that bad.
I was thinking about stacking movement speed before they showed the completed gem, but now it seems that actually you want to be as slow as possible to have the most aoe overlap ona single target and to not have the maximum charge distance too ridiculously far to score that tasty 100% more damage and overlap at the same time, because I highly doubt its maximum charge distance of what you have charged so far, just your total maximum distance.

Before they showed it I was thinking about Bronn's Lithe with Hyaon's Fury, but now I'm not so sure.

Quatlo

Arcane
I dont think CWC will work with that skill, sounds more like a noobtrap tbh, it seems unlikely to me to get more than 1 cast before charging it to full and dashing.

Edit: Maybe phase run for shits and giggles :D

Hyperion

Arcane
Brain Rattler as Slayer / Raider was my first inkling. Curious to see how it interacts with Dual Wielding though.

Kongor's might be better for Ele Overload procs, would have to dabble.

AMG

Arbiter
They override. In a sense, the new shock ramps up with consecutive hits.

T. Reich

Arcane
20525890_1757623830917689_1203364733470587559_n.png

Jesus christ thats a lot to take in.
The base damage seem spretty crap, but it has 40% more attack speed built in + EXPROOSIONS so its not that bad.
I was thinking about stacking movement speed before they showed the completed gem, but now it seems that actually you want to be as slow as possible to have the most aoe overlap ona single target and to not have the maximum charge distance too ridiculously far to score that tasty 100% more damage and overlap at the same time, because I highly doubt its maximum charge distance of what you have charged so far, just your total maximum distance.

Before they showed it I was thinking about Bronn's Lithe with Hyaon's Fury, but now I'm not so sure.

Some dude on reddit already made the graphical calc for CD's effect - https://www.desmos.com/calculator/cmnwc3vaky.
Indeed, a lot of movement speed really ruins the skill's offensive capability.

CWC is indeed the noob trap for both this skill and the new lightning balls one.
With CWC you want to keep channeling as long as possible to offset the initical first cast + cwc time delay.
The new channeling skills, however, favour quick channel-and-release gameplay for maximum effect, and as such, they are not really compatible with CWC.

Btw, CD has a max travel distance of 60 units - that's almost to the top of the screen, or 2/3 of the screen to the side. You can keep channeling if it reaches max travel distance though.

Personally, I'm interested to see how it performs purely as a movement skill. IIRC, the devs mentioned that it works with 2h weapons - as such, CD may possibly become a better alternative to leap slam.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
They reset. Imagine a Stormcall build that hits with 5 stormcalls on a single enemy. The first Stormcall deals enough damage to shock the enemy to take 20% more damage. The second one will then deal 20%more damage and applies a stronger shock (24%), which then further increases for each hit as long as they all deal the same amount of base damage (which isn't really how any lightning spell works but whatever). Overall it should provide a nice damage boost for lightning builds on bosses, the longer the fight takes the more damage you will rack up due to the shock percentage getting bigger and bigger.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am going to try to convert my Mjolner Shock Nova + Cyclone cast on critical Shock Nova to use Charged Dash and Cast when channeling instead. I should get more consistent activation of the secondary Shock Nova but have to see how Charged Dash plays. Maybe new Cyclone that does not get stuck on everything plays really good now.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Unsure about how to run Dark Pact.
Option one has Baron, Ironwill, selfcasting on packs, using Skeletons on bosses/rough rares only.
Option two would be to go for totems instead of skeletons. Since no skeletons are around, the totems selfcast on their own life (similar to RF), still benefit from the +4 radius and boosting totem life is less gear-dependant. Not sure what amount of totem-health you could get with the rather large totem-HP nerf in 3.0.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom