Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

There were very few examples of games being resurrected to glory after a downfall. So far i can remember Wolfenstien: New order after rather meh attempts to revive the series.

Deus Ex/X-Com/Fallout NV?

I don't think Mass Effect really qualifies as a glorious franchise in the first place though. It sold itself on the characters, not the setting or gameplay. Once the characters' story is wrapped up the series is dead. Bioware thought the ME setting was a big enough draw to revive the series even with shitty new characters and was obviously proven wrong.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The people who worked on this abortion of a game still exist, so instead of cutting out the cancer they just spread it around by moving them to a different studio.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The people who worked on this abortion of a game still exist, so instead of cutting out the cancer they just spread it around by moving them to a different studio.

Would you say this is comparable to the Catholic Church's behaviour with pedophile priests?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I woudn't be surprised if most of them got kicked out.EA is a firm and doesn't care much about diversity and progressiveness.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Would you say this is comparable to the Catholic Church's behaviour with pedophile priests?

Revolving door policies are the norm in pretty much any exclusive group, from priests to politicians to, apparently, dangerhair SocJuicers at EA.

EA is a firm and doesn't care much about diversity and progressiveness.

Nigga you sure about that? Even if they only use the LGBTQ shit as a cover to appear more human than they are, they still push it hard all the time.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Revolving door policies are the norm in pretty much any exclusive group, from priests to politicians to, apparently, dangerhair SocJuicers at EA.

EA is a firm and doesn't care much about diversity and progressiveness.

Nigga you sure about that? Even if they only use the LGBTQ shit as a cover to appear more human than they are, they still push it hard all the time.
Oh i am certain that anthem will have sjw shit on the wall all over it.Just saying that little by little there will be a cleansing.I can't wait for the anthem shit storm!From what i saw in the trailer the facial animations are still shit.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

What a sad, pathetic end for a sad, pathetic video gayme studio.

I dare say, Todd Howard and the rest of nuBethesda folks have done a much better job with their studio than the biowhores.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I dare say, Todd Howard and the rest of nuBethesda folks have done a much better job with their studio than the biowhores.
Yeah Bathesda became a gaming powerhouse that makes a lot of money,and the ones that wanted to make a lot of money they became EA's sex slave.

Kuattro

Augur

Yeah Bathesda became a gaming powerhouse that makes a lot of money,and the ones that wanted to make a lot of money they became EA's sex slave.

The ones who wanted to make a lot of money, the doctors, made a lot of money, retired to their private islands and now spend their days alternating between snorting coke, banging high-end hookers and brewing beer.

How they made their money, was selling the rest of Bioware as sex slaves to EA.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The ones who wanted to make a lot of money, the doctors, made a lot of money, retired to their private islands and now spend their days alternating between snorting coke, banging high-end hookers and brewing beer.

How they made their money, was selling the rest of Bioware as sex slaves to EA.
Hahaha i do agree with you mate.I was more thinking as corporate perspective,my bad.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Looked at EA's releases FY2017 Q1 and they only had Mirror's Edge. Technically Andromeda was released at Q4 of FY2017 but sems bulk of the sales continued in Q1 FY2018 since it came at the end of Q4 of FY2017 (late March). So no actual surprise that Andromeda drove revenues on a YoY basis, when you have Mirror's Edge to compare to, which is no Mass Effect as far as IP popularity and strength go. So it could feasibly still be a considerable failure for EA if they expected more.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Fiscal year 2018 means the period ends in 2018. EA's fiscal year ends at the end of March, thus April of this year is already FY2018.

Edit: this was a response to someone who deleted their post.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
That...thing in the middle
DEjLPkzUwAAPiug.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Here is the drama for people that don't want to read it.

By the way the chick have really nice tities,a and i even don't like bit tities that much.

Rev

Arcane
I've read in another forum that a famous Italian electronics shop was selling Andromeda at 5 €. :lol:

GG EA/BioWare, what a great success ME:A turned out to be. :salute:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I've read in another forum that a famous Italian electronics shop was selling Andromeda at 5 €. :lol:

GG EA/BioWare, what a great success ME:A turned out to be. :salute:
And I heard from pirates, that after they added 1.09 and played it for free, it's actually a decent game. As long as you don't come to it with high expectation... ...and get it for free without Denuvo and without Origin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom