Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #38: Exploring Neketaka

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Bobby Null; Katrina Garsten; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Obsidian's latest Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Fig update ends July on a high note, with a four and a half minute look at Neketaka, the cosmopolitan capital of the Deadfire Archipelago. It's an Athkatla-like city of adventure. Lead designer Bobby Null takes us on a tour through some of its locations, the most notable of which is the manor of Arkemyr, one of Eora's famous archmages. On the way, he also introduces a few of the game's new features, such as the ability to steal items from a store and have them disappear from its inventory.

Great update. As one of our posters said, there's more variety in this one town than in the entirety of the first game. Coming in two weeks - another Josh Sawyer social media feature update.

Ruzen

Savant
The only part I didn't like is when objects did not fade out when a char is nearby. Could be for the presentation sake, could be WIP, I dunno! But it triggers me somehow.
hn6qJSkg.png

Prime Junta

From where I'm at this looks like it's still missing the final overpaint. The surfaces are a bit too clean. Other than that it looks really good.

Fever

Educated
I am honestly impressed.
The magic shop sends strong "Adventurer's Mart" vibes from Athkatla, and the whole game seems much more open and adventure-filled compared to the somewhat static/lifeless PoE1.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wish they'd use someone with a more :obviously: accent to narrate these videos. A minor gripe, but nonetheless would work better with something less distinctly kwan accent and convey the feeling and atmosphere of the game better. Imagine David Ogden Stiers (IWD narrator) introducing these areas.

I understand it's only work in progress and that it's not feasible to have an actual voice actor go through these clips, so I guess I better not watch them, lest I associate Deadfire with sun, surfing and sjw in the future.

Wizfall

Cipher
Looks awesome (as PoE 1).
The city seems more lively and less "empty", big + here.

fireoak

Educated
Patron
It looks like there's way too much parallax movement on the background, which makes it really obvious that it's just another layer - hopefully they fix that, or apply so much blur it's not an issue

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The city looks more interesting than Defiance Bay. I never cared much for that one. Looked too sterile. If the gameplay can match the graphics, I will be very pleased.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
No creepo-Sawyer in the backdrop this time?! I'm disappointed. His appearance in the last video was hilarious, delivered like a comedian.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
My eyes rolled in overdrive at the sight of people wearing underwear (and more) in a bathhouse, but overall it all looked really magnificent. If only they hadn't reduced the party size (and had a dwarf companion), then everything about this game so far would sound and look great to me.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My eyes rolled in overdrive at the sight of people wearing underwear (and more) in a bathhouse, but overall it all looked really magnificent. If only they hadn't reduced the party size (and had a dwarf companion), then everything about this game so far would sound and look great to me.
not obsidians fault than esrb are fascist and nudity is demonized by society

Severian Silk

not obsidians fault than esrb are fascist and nudity is demonized by society
Mods will fix it.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The real question is, can you ingest bath salts and gain ogre strength?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom