Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=436#updates

Update #38 - Exploring Neketaka
POSTED: 07/31/2017

Hello everyone! We hope you're ready to do a bit of exploring. Bobby Null, Lead Designer on Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, will be our guide for a tour of Neketaka, the biggest city in the Deadfire. Bobby will not only show off Neketaka's different neighborhoods, but also some new features of the city. Come see what awaits you when you make your own journey to the Deadfire.

You probably can't wait to get your hands on more info about Pillars II after that video. Well, as the video says, we'll be back in a couple of weeks with a look into what Game Director, Josh Sawyer, has teased on social media, which is always fun and enlightening.

A Travel Back
The incredibly talented group, The Travelers, have recently done a cover of "Oldsong" from the original Pillars of Eternity. The arrangement is quite beautiful and we just had to share. Enjoy!

Backer Survey Announcement
We also want to let everyone know that Backer Surveys will be officially ending after October 31st. If your survey is not filled out by October 31st, we can't promise that your content will make it into the game at release -- so please don't wait to submit your Backer Survey!

(Note: While we will still accept surveys filled out after October 31st, we cannot guarantee such surveys will be processed in time for their associated content to make it into Pillars II on release. If you fill out your survey after October 31st, your content may still make it into a game in a patch.)

Thank you for joining us and we'll see you in a couple of weeks for Update 39!

Be sure to join the conversation and our community over on our forums. And, in case you missed it, check out our last update!

Sentinel

Arcane
Looks cool. Highlight of the vid is Aloth fucking up the magic show. Really like interacting with the envirnoment and getting reactions out of NPCs. But since PoE's magic is fucking shit and boring, there's probably nothing you can do that isn't just "disperse the crowd".

BlackGoat

Arbiter
I'm starting to actually.................. look forward to this.................

:shittydog:
VB7A3Ln.png

Colour Spray

Educated
Hu, Neketaka looks quite interesting. Distinct echoes of Athkatla there...
Yeah, definitely. I mean, boarding makes functional sense for a docks, but the way they carry it on into the building framework is very reminiscent of that style.

The lighting and geometry is looking top-notch, in any case.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It does remind me of Athkatla. I doubt it will have combat as good as in Baldur's Gate 2 though.

Jinn

Arcane
Great update. Everything is looking excellent! Really love those Darklands-esque city encounters. Really damn cool.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i like the architecture. the buildings looks like kinda spain-colony inspired i think i saw some dutch too mixed so they're not a copy of real world, but similar yet distinct. i love the palace shaped like a pyramid, and makes sense since they usually appoint native leaders as a puppet leader in the colony.
also turning a street magician into pigs :incline:

skycycle

Educated
I have to admit that Neketaka looks really good, especially the upper sections and some of the building designs in the first part. I'm really curious how many different cities/locations will get maps like the ones they show, and also how many choose-your-own-adventure modules will be implemented depending on possible routes the group can take within settlements. The main city certainly looks big enough to support a lot.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Should they implement C&C on Alpha Protocol level - game would be awesome. I want to see my decisions have impact on the actual game, not some end sequence of epilogues.

Prime Junta

What did you think looks like Athkatla? Apart from having docks, I really did not think it looked like it. I found it more like Tyranny's Lethian's Crossing.

It has a similar mix of European and non-European-style architecture. I don't recall seeing that in any other fantasy city actually -- usually it's one or the other, not both.

Also the map is structured in a similar way.

Mazisky

Magister
That's a really creative and good looking city! I wonder if they will fix one weird ahestetic problem of PoE, people in taverns can't sit on chairs.

Quillon

Arcane
Peeps were sitting on marble seating in the alcoves in luminous bathhouse. Chairs could be trickier tho, don't know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom