Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AngryJoe's shitstorm

Teepo

Scholar
What a cuck.

Psquit

Arcane
He is the next Dsp, next to spoony. This is best timeline.

XY4rpJQ.jpg

PAY FOR MY HEALTHCARE!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I watched his response video about the haters. And to be fair, it seems that contrary what many people say, he really didn't put out less Angry Reviews this year than before. Someone made some digging and it seems he has been doing 14-18 reviews on average a year, and now with 7 months past, he had done 8 so far.

Maybe the problem is that with all the other content he is putting out, it seems less because every 3 days you see some shitt movie review or trailer reaction.

If I had to point out a problem it is that Joe could do much more reviews if he didn't keep forcing his god awful skits. But he is in the delusion that these "comedies" are what make him successful on Youtube.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
As a gaming journalist
Self proclaimed 'gaming' 'journalist'. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

When I started out, I too opposed the big gaming companies, thinking that the huge inflated budgets and hype and marketing suits would decline gaming. But then I realized something.

I realised that the cash sliding into my back pocket thanks big publishers greasing the wheels meant that the games themselves were secondary to maintaining my own carefully constructed persona. If I looked in the mirror I would see that I have become that which I despised, so I have to plough ever onward until I become a parody of myself.

What a clown. I had no opinion of him either way until I read this piece and his latest meltdowns. Now I can only thank him for the entertainment his self-destruction is providing me with.
He is not completely wrong. One thing that led to destruction of Spoony's career was his open attack of Xcom shooter and its devs on E3. It almost led to downfall of some other folks associated with him at the time, like Joe himself. Also, entire thing with some many RPG devs avoiding places like this one despite their high activity while at the same time they are active on GAF and SA.

If you want to be active presence in gaming sphere, you need to be respectful of big companies and of their franchises.

Uncle Skull

Educated
If I had to point out a problem it is that Joe could do much more reviews if he didn't keep forcing his god awful skits. But he is in the delusion that these "comedies" are what make him successful on Youtube.
That is a cancerous mutation that all the popular (ex) TGWTG staff suffers from, I believe. The effects were the worst in Spoony's case, who always was lazy as shit. When he started to think that this was what his viewers wanted as well, the results were a disaster. His last Final Fantasy review has a skit where he makes fun of the game's stupid weapon upgrate system by smearing mustard, jelly and other random shit over his plastic gunblade in his kitchen, and over himself later during the skit.

This goes on for like 10 fucking minutes.

One thing that led to destruction of Spoony's career was his open attack of Xcom shooter and its devs on E3. It almost led to downfall of some other folks associated with him at the time, like Joe himself.

I thought it only hurt Lord Kat. I'd say Spoony went down a slow, steady downfall and descent into total insanity after he was kicked from TGWTG.

Also, entire thing with some many RPG devs avoiding places like this one despite their high activity while at the same time they are active on GAF and SA.

Which developers, exactly? I'm sorry for asking if this is common knowledge, but I never was on NeoGAF and only stumbled upon SA a few times.
If it's people like Bioware, Bethesda and Beamdog, they probably know better than to show their faces here, since the entire forum would be overcome with delight at the chance to tear them all a new asshole.

sullynathan

Arcane
I watched his response video about the haters. And to be fair, it seems that contrary what many people say, he really didn't put out less Angry Reviews this year than before. Someone made some digging and it seems he has been doing 14-18 reviews on average a year, and now with 7 months past, he had done 8 so far.

Maybe the problem is that with all the other content he is putting out, it seems less because every 3 days you see some shitt movie review or trailer reaction.

He used to review pretty much every popular AAA game now he doesn't so his fans are mad

Psquit

Arcane
What's his name again?

tfgnh3e.jpg

1469405309830.png

ItMmtoB.jpg

Pls i need vacations for my fatass... also pay for my healthcare

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
I'll be happy when Angry Joe finally quits. Risen 1 3/10 & Risen 2 4/10, but Skyrim 10/10? And Dragon Age 2 7/10? The fatfaced loudmouth faggot talks utter fucking shit 90% of the time.

Not only that, he's the very embodiment of the PR machine which is ruining our games industry, as shallow dross like Skyrim is hailed as "legendary" and Risen viewed as "poor". He just follows the trend, has absolutely NO fucking idea what makes a good game, and to call him a "reviewer" is a massive upgrade on his actual standing. Hell I'm not sure I'd even call him a gamer.

A brainwashed, trend following sheep with no actual clue about games at all, the sooner his diseased kind fucks off out of gaming the better.

Beastro

Arcane
That is a cancerous mutation that all the popular (ex) TGWTG staff suffers from, I believe. The effects were the worst in Spoony's case, who always was lazy as shit. When he started to think that this was what his viewers wanted as well, the results were a disaster. His last Final Fantasy review has a skit where he makes fun of the game's stupid weapon upgrate system by smearing mustard, jelly and other random shit over his plastic gunblade in his kitchen, and over himself later during the skit.

Yeah that shit got skipped over when I watched it.

It's also really apparent how badly it fits in with the rest of his stuff, that it isn't what he wanted and was into doing the skits, not like when Doug did it.

I thought it only hurt Lord Kat. I'd say Spoony went down a slow, steady downfall and descent into total insanity after he was kicked from TGWTG.

There's some other ex-Channel Awesome guy (the one the stood next to Spoony during that "Betrayal!" thing) who put a video up about being pissed that after Spoony did all the offers to interview people or such suddenly vanished.

IIRC, a clip of it is in that Metokur's video about Spoony.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane

Yeah that shit got skipped over when I watched it.

It's also really apparent how badly it fits in with the rest of his stuff, that it isn't what he wanted and was into doing the skits, not like when Doug did it.

There's some other ex-Channel Awesome guy (the one the stood next to Spoony during that "Betrayal!" thing) who put a video up about being pissed that after Spoony did all the offers to interview people or such suddenly vanished.

IIRC, a clip of it is in that Metokur's video about Spoony.

Thats joe standing next to spoony

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Making YouTube videos/streaming = hard work? I hope this guy has a real job he can go back to or saved/invested 75% of the money he made from his 'glory days.'
Making YouTube videos is hard work. Unless it's streaming in real time (which requires very specific talents) or extremely amateur stuff, they are usually "fake" amateur videos. Like you have Lindybeige. Dude looks like it's just ordinary lone dude with a webcam ranting about stuff, right?
Wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom