Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It will be nice touch if they change the name to Baldur's gays

Thonius

Arcane
I've mentioned this elsewhere but just to reiterate: The market for decent (not "good", just "decent"!) CRPGs is starved again after PoE and Torment turned out to the way they did. All you need is the appropriate engine and a story that's slightly better than the NWN OC to be successful. All people want is a game where they can kill goblins, loot shit and forget the real world for an hour. Nobody wants a game where they are reminded of stronk womyn, stronk trans-womyn, stronk gay womyn or any other number of retarded real world issues.
What people want is god damn implementation of P&P rules RTWP or TB with fucking module editor! (aks NWN) There are still folks who make modules for NWN and NWN2 and folks who play!
It wont matter if stock module is shit. If there is robust editor and combat people will buy it for modding.

Morkar Left

Why do a Baldur's Gate 3 at this point? The Bhaal story is told. Better just crap the official D&D license and do a completely new game in spirit of BG.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why do a Baldur's Gate 3 at this point? The Bhaal story is told. Better just crap the official D&D license and do a completely new game in spirit of BG.

It will be called "Aqueducts of Finity", a balanced RTWP game with lesbians 'n shit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Brand recognition!Also BG is very unnatural thing,it is a franchise without shitty games in it.It is time mess it up for good.

Thonius

Arcane
I suppose some people want another Skyrim but I also suppose those people are undesireables.

False dichotomy detected. I would prefer an RPG with focus on actual gameplay rather than content creation.
Well if you have solid foundations ( ruleset/combat), I can guarantee modders will add story, encounters and locations to discover. And they wont be held back by strong wominz etc.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's no need to come up with different names for BG3, it's already in the title - Baldur's GAYte. Bioware predicting, and being ready for, the future? You be the judge.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
There's no need to come up with different names for BG3, it's already in the title - Baldur's GAYte. Bioware predicting, and being ready for, the future? You be the judge.
Yeah, baby! BG haters are going to win this game in the end. Grimoire will be released and BG's name will be associated with the likes of Biowatards forever. The grognards accession is unstoppable.

Mustawd

What people want is god damn implementation of P&P rules RTWP or TB with fucking module editor! (aks NWN) There are still folks who make modules for NWN and NWN2 and folks who play!

Not everyone wants that.

Actually, based on the huge initial interest in SCL and the very positive response from D:OS 2's GM mode (although a lot more limited in that it's only live modules), quite a lot of people do want this.

I know I do. I just wish it was properly turn based instead of the RTwP trash of NWN. I was very dissapointed to hear Larian's GM mode was not going to have standalone sp modules.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Not everyone wants that.

Actually, based on the huge initial interest in SCL and the very positive response from D:OS 2's GM mode (although a lot more limited in that it's only live modules), quite a lot of people do want this.

I know I do. I just wish it was properly turn based instead of the RTwP trash of NWN. I was very dissapointed to hear Larian's GM mode was not going to have standalone sp modules.

Count me in the other camp. My biggest disappointment with NWN was that its OC was just utter shit. I didn't buy the game to eventually play other people's amateur campaigns.

(I do understand that many other people feel differently.)

((My next biggest disappointment; NWN's shitty 3d, the tile layout which made everything feel, if not look, the same, that horrible radial menu, and the dance of death, which looked cool until the PC decided to dance you right into a trap, killing you)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Not everyone wants that.

Count me in the other camp. My biggest disappointment with NWN was that its OC was just utter shit. I didn't buy the game to eventually play other people's amateur campaigns.

(I do understand that many other people feel differently.)

((My next biggest disappointment; NWN's shitty 3d, the tile layout which made everything feel, if not look, the same, that horrible radial menu, and the dance of death, which looked cool until the PC decided to dance you right into a trap, killing you)
And you must be your parents biggest disappointment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom