Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) - Build Engine powered FPS by Duke Nukem 3D mappers - now with Aftershock DLC

tormund

Arcane
Last edited by a moderator:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Deluxe Edition will have a full soundtrack, world maps, art book and exclusive access to the beta of the FPS Bombshell 1996 Prequel (Made in the Build Engine, used for Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior)

Couldn't care less about Bombshell 2015 but this beta is relevant to my interests.

Last edited:

tormund

Arcane
They released some pictures of their 2.5d Bombshell FPS
7jslzwY.jpg

7uno7Jc.jpg

Build engine?
Hmm, I'd like to see them do some cool stuff in it that lone modders might not be able to do.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Such boring screenshots. Ffs, good Build games are renowned for their interesting level design.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
After release of Duke Nukem Forever the fan made project called DNF (build egnine mod based on the trailers) was 100x better than actual game.
Will wait for that build game. Even though I have PC powerful enough to launch it - actual game feels too boring just by watching gameplayes. I gave up after 5 minutes...

tormund

Arcane
Their Build engine FPS is still on track, in spite of original game's failure
To7gTXn.png

e2XoCtX.png

They have past experience with mapping for Duke 3D and Doom, so there is some hope that this will be something more than OLDSCHOOL!!!1!1! cashgrab aimed at those that aren't familiar with high quality of many free vanilla Build & eDuke TCs...

Ash

Arcane
Interesting. Is that a commercial project? So it is. They fuck this up then shooters truly are dead.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
CxrsOLYXcAEjWbh.jpg

C_vnJ7CUQAAsX5f.jpg

CzThGwJVEAACrBd.jpg

CyOR_NTUsAAeKcY.jpg

I saw this being mentioned in threads about other "old-school inspired" shooters, so I think why not make a thread for upcoming incline.

Originally announced as a prequel demo to the 2016 top-down shooter Bombshell by Interceptor Entertainment, but now it's a full commercial game and they say "it ended up having very little in common with Interceptor's game."

It will be published by 3D Realms and coming in this year.

https://twitter.com/voidpnt

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
I wonder if they ever make use of Build's ability to have overlapping sectors. Levels like Lunatic Fringe or Tier Drops really pushed that to the limit, and it was amazing to see. Be in one room decorated in one particular style, then leave it, turn around the corner, and go back in, and suddenly it's an entirely different room. I remember playing with that in Build myself; they could be a bitch to make if not well planned in advance. I can't remember any other games or engines that had similar abilities even all these years later, other than simply applying a different filter to the same place and calling it the spirit realm or other bollocks, or cheating by teleporting you to an identical room elsewhere. Makes me think it would work really well for some SCP-inspired game.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Given the name change and Bombshell's abysmal reception, I doubt that this will have any direct connections to it, let alone that it is featuring same character anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom