Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Casey Hudson takes over BioWare

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Sorry, but krogan strippers can't be fascinated with the human concept of gender and struggle over which pronoun to use.

mogwaimon

Magister
Sorry, but krogan strippers can't be fascinated with the human concept of gender and struggle over which pronoun to use.

You don't want the krogans anyways, especially on Tuesdays. All those scrote scars get pretty disturbing after a while but when you're stripping for creds and getting your meals from back alley favors I guess 10k a nut sounds pretty appealing.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I am so glad that I am working at BioWare once again!
2f7.jpg

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Flynn has been involved in all of BioWare's major games, including Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Jade Empire. While Hudson also worked on these games, he is known widely for serving as director of the first three Mass Effect games.
- via Gamespot

"All major games" without a mention of Baldur's Gate.. The game that made the company.

It's not like Baldur's gate 2 was made in some pre-history of gaming or something, it was released in 2000, after the release of the PS2. Imagine if someone said that some manager at Square had been part of the development of all their major games, excluding mention of ffvii? Their brand defining game?

The BG series sold similarly to the mass effect series, per game, in absolute numbers, at a time when the market for video games were a fraction of it is today.

Last edited:

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Flynn has been involved in all of BioWare's major games, including Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Jade Empire. While Hudson also worked on these games, he is known widely for serving as director of the first three Mass Effect games.
- via Gamespot

"All major games" without a mention of Baldur's Gate.. The game that made the company.

It's not like Baldur's gate 2 was made in some pre-history of gaming or something, it was released in 2010, after the release of the PS2. Imagine if someone said that some manager at Square had been part of the development of all their major games, excluding mention of ffvii? Their brand defining game?

The BG series sold similarly to the mass effect series, per game, in absolute numbers, at a time when the market for video games were a fraction of it is today.
I rate this post "Creative"...

Doktor Best

Arcane
- via Gamespot

It's not like Baldur's gate 2 was made in some pre-history of gaming or something, it was released in 2010, after the release of the PS2. Imagine if someone said that some manager at Square had been part of the development of all their major games, excluding mention of ffvii? Their brand defining game?

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I have exactly zero expectation for anything nu-bioware produces. At this point I'm just going to enjoy the dumpster fire, nu-bioware games are ones I can play and laugh at and not get angry with I even beat ME:A what a joke that was.
They should just hire Obsidian to make a Dragons Age game. Would be interesting to see what would happen when developers with more than a modicum of talent are given the IP again.

So Krogan strippers?
Salarian boy strippers.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
They should just hire Obsidian to make a Dragons Age game. Would be interesting to see what would happen when developers with more than a modicum of talent are given the IP again.

Have you played Obsidian's latest works? They are pretty much Bioware-lite in terms of garbage writing and hamfisted "progressive" characters/ideals. For Obsidian to even be considered they'd have to fire many of their talentless writers like Carrie Patel. They'd also need a time machine to get Sawyer back to Fo:NV era before his testosterone levels declined and his brain with it.

If current Obsidian made a DA game I would bet my life it would be inferior in both gameplay and story to the above average DA:O.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

Have you played Obsidian's latest works? They are pretty much Bioware-lite in terms of garbage writing and hamfisted "progressive" characters/ideals. For Obsidian to even be considered they'd have to fire many of their talentless writers like Carrie Patel. They'd also need a time machine to get Sawyer back to Fo:NV era before his testosterone levels declined and his brain with it.

If current Obsidian made a DA game I would bet my life it would be inferior in both gameplay and story to the above average DA:O.
I have not. Neither Tyranny nor POE interested me enough to try them. I've no doubt however that Obsidian still has more talent than Bioware.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The Dragon Age setting was sorta interesting but has been thoroughly ruined, same as the ME setting. If Obsidian are bound by the established lore, even they couldn't fix that shit.
Also perhaps going "Oh well, I wish Obsidian did it" for every turd Bioware shits out may not be an ideal solution.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
I have not. Neither Tyranny nor POE interested me enough to try them. I've no doubt however that Obsidian still has more talent than Bioware.

I really don't understand the logic here. A valid analogy would be me saying "I've not played a Bioware game since NWN I am sure they are still a talented developer." Basically your opinion of Obsidian is only looking at their good older work and not their current decline of poor stories and "balance".

You get my point though right?

Iznaliu

Arbiter

You care about everything other than actual gameplay. Truly the person the Codex needs.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
You care about everything other than actual gameplay. Truly the person the Codex needs.

Quite the assumption. Not true though I just didn't mention it specifically because even with good gameplay the story and other elements can ruin a game BG:SoD as an example. Looking at Tyranny that had "fun" gameplay certainly playing an overpowered mage that can kill the same two mobs (humanoid or spirits) over and over with a single spell even this limited gameplay was let down by a hideous story that only managed to engage one of my braincells. PoE was much the same however Sawyer wanted to keep nerfing and buffing classes so until the current game is the two worst classes (ranger and paladin) can now solo the game on the hardest difficulty but in his mind it is "balanced".

I am really not interested in getting into the "Gameplay vs Story debate" however I'll leave you with this question. Did you ever wonder why PS:T is always topping lists even though its gameplay is nothing special? Really makes you think.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Looking at Tyranny that had "fun" gameplay certainly playing an overpowered mage that can kill the same two mobs (humanoid or spirits) over and over with a single spell even this limited gameplay was let down by a hideous story that only managed to engage one of my braincells

Tyranny was filler so Obsidian could get a bit of extra money.

PoE was much the same however Sawyer wanted to keep nerfing and buffing classes so until the current game is the two worst classes (ranger and paladin) can now solo the game on the hardest difficulty but in his mind it is "balanced".

PoE is one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

Did you ever wonder why PS:T is always topping lists even though its gameplay is nothing special? Really makes you think.

Skyrim also tops lists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom