Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AngryJoe's shitstorm

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Bro, if you're worried about your health, how about stop eating all the tacos instead of blaming your audience.

Fucking seriously.

Wew, like wew there Bernie loving, feminist cuddling, Democrat voting, paler then milk yet calling himself non-white LATINO for minority brown points, calling others entitled you entitled lazy, used to watch and respect, bastardo.

I mean, like esse, ahahhaha you're playing video games, eating doritos and watching movies while being paid for that 4-5 times better than University professors or 2-3 than engineers in many countries of the world some of them even in Europe. Hombre like, ahahhaha you can stop at any time and get any better payed and more relaxing job with your skills like, janitor or shop assistant.

From his rhetoric you'd get impression as if he has been working on plantage, oil rig or in the mines. Fuck him and his Saturn sized hipocrisy.

imma put ur xbox on blocks homie

Beastro

Arcane
Didn't TB got magic cure???Also i am not that sure he had or have cancer.I have lost a bunch of people to cancer and now i am watching my father having one.He just didn't looked like a person that have cancer.

Can't always count on things that way given treatment and the money people have to spend on it.

Look at Patrick Swayze. He had Pancreatic Cancer, a cancer that kills people within months of diagnosis if not often mere weeks, and yet he was able to live nearly two years with it by throwing the money he had at treatment.

Mustawd

Meh, AJ's channel was interesting when it had reviews. That's really the only reason I was subscribed.

None of this drama really matters to me tbh. His channel turned into react to trailer/movie reviews/Preview shilling, so I unsubscribed.

If you're addicted to drama I guess it's mildly interesting ("reddit is delicious right now" Lol, I refuse to believe anyone older than 16 wrote that sentence).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Didn't TB got magic cure???Also i am not that sure he had or have cancer.I have lost a bunch of people to cancer and now i am watching my father having one.He just didn't looked like a person that have cancer.

Can't always count on things that way given treatment and the money people have to spend on it.

Look at Patrick Swayze. He had Pancreatic Cancer, a cancer that kills people within months of diagnosis if not often mere weeks, and yet he was able to live nearly two years with it by throwing the money he had at treatment.
Yeah i know mate.Still TB didn't felt like sick person to me.At some time there is the realisation in their eyes.Also his decisions are strange.Most people if they dying they eater try secure their loved ones (pumping out content like crazy) or they take a bunch of credits and go to Bangkok to die in the bordeis.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Meh, AJ's channel was interesting when it had reviews. That's really the only reason I was subscribed.

None of this drama really matters to me tbh. His channel turned into react to trailer/movie reviews/Preview shilling, so I unsubscribed.

If you're addicted to drama I guess it's mildly interesting ("reddit is delicious right now" Lol, I refuse to believe anyone older than 16 wrote that sentence).
Hahahahaha i am good anarchist and like to see things and hypocritical people go down burning and screaming.

What the heck is this thread about? You have to be resolutely modern, sure, but calling morons who scream at a camera about video games "creators" seems a bit far-fetched to me.
Well, if they earn money by doing this, cool for them.

Garrettt

Educated
Don't forget

Sheesh guys...

You need to get with the times. This is the 2010s, games are more awesome than ever. Graphics and gameplay have evolved a long time from turn based combat and 8bit graphics.

As a gaming journalist, I might have a bit more insight into these matters, since I play games for a living. Take indie games for example. I love indie games and sometimes they can really push things forward in terms of mechanics or ai (e.g. Facade). But an indie game can never aspire to become a polished modern masterpiece like Skyrim. I think all of them are outdated in one way or the other, be it graphics wise (again, Facade) or even mechanics wise (Nights of the Chalice). This is because they're restricted in budget/time/size, just like the games of old were restricted by the low power of the gaming systems of that time.

When I started out, I too opposed the big gaming companies, thinking that the huge inflated budgets and hype and marketing suits would decline gaming. But then I realized something. Companies like Blizzard or Bioware or Bethesda have liberalized gaming. They took it out of musty basements and turned it into something everyone could enjoy. They have turned boring dice rolls into heated combat, mushy pixels into nightmarish monsters and checkerboards into immersive landscapes. Can you imagine how much greater Braid would be with the budget of Mirrors Edge, or one of Ben Vogel's games done with the team behind Dragon Age 2?

But you people just complain about innovation. You're like a bunch of grumpy old guys, sitting inside and complaining that the 1950s were the pinnacle of human civilization and that free healthcare is communism, when outside the sun is shining and everybody is having an awesome time. ;)

edit: Also, I can't change my avatar. Could any of the mods fix that please?

Psquit

Arcane
Don't forget

Sheesh guys...

You need to get with the times. This is the 2010s, games are more awesome than ever. Graphics and gameplay have evolved a long time from turn based combat and 8bit graphics.

As a gaming journalist, I might have a bit more insight into these matters, since I play games for a living. Take indie games for example. I love indie games and sometimes they can really push things forward in terms of mechanics or ai (e.g. Facade). But an indie game can never aspire to become a polished modern masterpiece like Skyrim. I think all of them are outdated in one way or the other, be it graphics wise (again, Facade) or even mechanics wise (Nights of the Chalice). This is because they're restricted in budget/time/size, just like the games of old were restricted by the low power of the gaming systems of that time.

When I started out, I too opposed the big gaming companies, thinking that the huge inflated budgets and hype and marketing suits would decline gaming. But then I realized something. Companies like Blizzard or Bioware or Bethesda have liberalized gaming. They took it out of musty basements and turned it into something everyone could enjoy. They have turned boring dice rolls into heated combat, mushy pixels into nightmarish monsters and checkerboards into immersive landscapes. Can you imagine how much greater Braid would be with the budget of Mirrors Edge, or one of Ben Vogel's games done with the team behind Dragon Age 2?

But you people just complain about innovation. You're like a bunch of grumpy old guys, sitting inside and complaining that the 1950s were the pinnacle of human civilization and that free healthcare is communism, when outside the sun is shining and everybody is having an awesome time. ;)

edit: Also, I can't change my avatar. Could any of the mods fix that please?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
As a gaming journalist
Self proclaimed 'gaming' 'journalist'. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

When I started out, I too opposed the big gaming companies, thinking that the huge inflated budgets and hype and marketing suits would decline gaming. But then I realized something.

I realised that the cash sliding into my back pocket thanks big publishers greasing the wheels meant that the games themselves were secondary to maintaining my own carefully constructed persona. If I looked in the mirror I would see that I have become that which I despised, so I have to plough ever onward until I become a parody of myself.

What a clown. I had no opinion of him either way until I read this piece and his latest meltdowns. Now I can only thank him for the entertainment his self-destruction is providing me with.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It will be interesting in the comment section after a month.I will be surprised if shityjoes doesn't have a hearth attack.The really sad thing is his tweeter account.It is filled with ass-licking idiots that constantly repeat how great he is ,and how all his fans must go away and make way for the new.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Screaming retard, who watches this shit?

I used to. His schtick was shit, all 'angry' reviewers are, but his reviews weren't bad. He was pretty thorough and he often raised interesting points. Sadly his current content is unbelievably shit.
In 2008 angry videogame reviews were everyone's shtick, yet he stood out and demonstrated a longevity few of his peers possessed. I'm one of those people who has little interest in AJ's content outside of Angry Reviews. I wouldn't say it angers me every time one of his videos show up in my sub box and it's not an Angry Review, but I'm not exactly doing the Charleston either. Between him and all the other channels adapting to Youtube's new algorithms which emphasise quantity quantity quantity, it's practically a second job to find worthwhile content in my subscriptions. So many content creators are now doing VLogs and reaction videos inbetween the stuff we actually want to see.

sullynathan

Arcane
Angry Joe is odd. If I had millions of subscribers and got millions of views weekly and got shit tons of money then I'd keep making YT game reviews.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Isn't whole reason of self employment is to work for a long time until you get stable amount of dough coming and then you can sit back, relax and do what you want?

If anything, I think Joe takes it all too seriously. I'd just say "well I got money for vacation so see ya later fuckers, thank for your money!".

It's especially funny to see people bitch about how he can rest 2 months while they get like a week on their shitty job, well, one can always just go and create a 3 mln subscribers channel with thousands of videos quickly and you would also be able to do it.

But for some reason they didn't make one, eh?

I am somewhat pissed MrBtongue still didn't make a video on Numenera but what can one do, I can't travel where he lives and shake it out of him no matter how much I want to listen to his new videos

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom