Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline NEO Scavenger: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival RPG

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Updated OP with mobile links. Good luck on this!

dcfedor

Blue Bottle Games
Developer
Heads-up, folks! Looks like I screwed up the iOS price. It should be free with 9.99 IAP to unlock, not 9.99 w/9.99 to unlock. I'm working on changing that now. But please don't buy the game to download it!

Sorry for the confusion. I apparently cannot operate computers.

dcfedor

Blue Bottle Games
Developer
Ok, it looks like the iOS price change has been updated. Showing free w/IAP now. Please double-check this before buying!

And if you got caught in my naughty capitalist-imperial trap (a.k.a. screw-up), let me know. We can probably arrange a refund through Apple or something.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Played about 15 hours way back, like the game, but THAT FUCKING PERMADEATH! I don't get it, I don't know. I'm ASSUMING this game has a story of some kind? Never got far enough into it, but I hear things! If it were just an open world survival game, I'd completely understand 'permadeath,' but in an RPG with a story it just becomes a major pain in the ass, no?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Played about 15 hours way back, like the game, but THAT FUCKING PERMADEATH! I don't get it, I don't know. I'm ASSUMING this game has a story of some kind? Never got far enough into it, but I hear things! If it were just an open world survival game, I'd completely understand 'permadeath,' but in an RPG with a story it just becomes a major pain in the ass, no?
There's a story where you can get instakilled at any point in a long series of points.

dcfedor

Blue Bottle Games
Developer
Well, the story part is technically optional. I wanted folks to be able to play it without being forced to read my writing :) And a lot of folks just go full sandbox on it.

But I get what you're saying. Permadeath is sometimes at odds with a story, since you'll need to repeat it many times before successfully completing it.

In my mind, that's more a failure of my implementation of permadeath, though. Not an indictment of permadeath itself. I think permadeath instills a sense of urgency, consequence, and excitement that cannot be rivaled by unlimited save games. And if I can just figure out how to do it right, it'll be better for it. (My go-to example is tabletop RPGing. Technically permadeath, but with a GM clever enough to make death feel imminent without party-wiping each session.)

But I'm not that clever. Yet :)

dcfedor

Blue Bottle Games
Developer
Thanks! Though, I'm a bit harsher on myself. I think it's a good first shot, but I'd probably tweak things.

But overall, I believe there's fruit to be borne through mixing permadeath (or maybe more accurately, perma-consequence) with a story. You make a decision, you deal with it. My job is just to make sure every outcome is interesting/worth it, even if it means you died :)

That, and figure out how to make new characters less tedious due to repeating the same story over and over.

dcfedor

Blue Bottle Games
Developer
dcfedor: Does the Android version require Google Play store/services?

I think so. Technically, the demo doesn't use any store features to play the game, but it does some store-related stuff to try and re-establish IAP if the app was reinstalled. (Basically, auto-unlocks full version if already bought.)

That said, it is supposed to fail gracefully if there's no wifi or store response, so I wouldn't expect a black screen.

Still, I don't have enough familiarity with alternative OS/API combos to know what happens if you launch without Google Play. I barely know what the hell is going on with a bog-standard setup :) Sorry!

Licaon_Kter

Augur
microG might be a special case indeed, I've posted the logcat on their side here.

That being said, on another device with Google services disabled (not replaced with microG as above), I get a black screen too ( logcat ) , this case should be handled properly ( FYI these services can be detected as being ok/missing/outdated, here is a discussion on how Signal got this handled better ) and decide how to continue, I guess this could simply branch out if...then...else...: ok w/license-full, any other case-only demo.

/LE: Enabling Google Play&Games services does not help... strange.

Last edited:

wyes gull

Savant
Fuck this game with a broad spear. I've been taking swings at this thing for 2 days and it seems determined not to let me get past day 3. Last time out I had myself a nice crowbar, some picks, 3 lighters, 2 pots, me spear, a nice ol backpack, plenty of sterilized water and was halfway to Detroit only to be shot to death in my sleep. 3 days 20 hours. Actually, fuck this thing with a crowbar, the bendy bit.:argh:

Nice job, dcfedor.

zool

Arcane
Thinking about trying out this game, any patches/mods recommended for a first playthrough? I saw Extended NeoScav being mentioned in felipepe's CRPG encyclopedia, should I install that?

I don't want to read through the whole thread and spoil myself the pleasure of discovering the game.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Play the game it doesn't need any mods. Mods will only give you more stuff and honestly... it'll take a while to get used to what is already there. Enjoy!

Perkel

Arcane
Naturally you need to write here your diary when you play it.

Day 12. I shat in woods and wolfman ate me.

zool

Arcane
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Dowloading it now, size is 52mb :lol: For once, I won't have to wait half a day to download a game, much appreciated.

Last edited:

zool

Arcane
My first playthough finally came to an end. All was going on pretty well until I got attacked by a mad preacher who proceeded to hack to me to death with his crowbar after I unsucessfully tried to talk to him.

Survival time : 1 day, 8.49 hours

:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom