Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

circ

Arcane
Nothing can fix shit except a pooper scooper. I checked some new FO4 mods for 30 minutes on Nexus.

NOPE

circ

Arcane
I install again. Well, first nude mesh/texture replacer. A Reshade preset. New update too.

So... Update 1.5 broke mods in that opening the launcher would reset plugins.txt and you would have to enable mods again. So 5-6 patches later, not including 5-6 beta patches... it's still broken? :o
The big thing with FO4 was mod integration in the game's launcher, but it disables them... I... What are you doing Bethesda? Sure I can start it from the other exe or F4SE but still..

Anyway, for some reason it runs worse than I remember, and I even turned down some settings. Well I still get 60 fps but it drops to mid 40's in some places. And looks shittier than Crysis from 2007... These plastic fucking textures.

Oh fuck this intro. Turn off Reshade oh shit how can lighting this ugly exist?

Run to Concord, shoot some people. Quitted.

This game. How can anyone play this?

roll-a-die

Magister
I install again. Well, first nude mesh/texture replacer. A Reshade preset. New update too.

So... Update 1.5 broke mods in that opening the launcher would reset plugins.txt and you would have to enable mods again. So 5-6 patches later, not including 5-6 beta patches... it's still broken? :o
The big thing with FO4 was mod integration in the game's launcher, but it disables them... I... What are you doing Bethesda? Sure I can start it from the other exe or F4SE but still..

Anyway, for some reason it runs worse than I remember, and I even turned down some settings. Well I still get 60 fps but it drops to mid 40's in some places. And looks shittier than Crysis from 2007... These plastic fucking textures.

Oh fuck this intro. Turn off Reshade oh shit how can lighting this ugly exist?

Run to Concord, shoot some people. Quitted.

This game. How can anyone play this?
The core gameplay loop is designed to be addictive to the same people who zone out to questing in MMO's or ARPGs. It's literally the same gameplay loop. You go out, you grab a quest, you go to a dungeon, you do the dungeon, you loot the dungeon, you go home, you manage your inventory, you check on various timed activities(Like the settlements.) You go out, you grab a quest. Ad infinitum.

People play it because it's mindless. People play it because they can turn their brain off to play it. People play it because they are sheep, and easily led by a shepherd of bright lights, dinging sounds and habit.

TC Jr

Scholar
Actually bought this pos at launch when I still had a PS4, was high at the time and actually had a little bit of fun with headphones on playing the classical station just fucking about with the shotgun. Couldn't imagine playing it sober

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Folk signer Dion DiMucci pulls a Steve Jackson to Zenimax: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...lawsuit-from-singer-dion-over-fallout-4-promo

ZeniMax faces lawsuit from singer Dion over Fallout 4 promo

Fallout 4 developer Bethesda Game Studios' parent company ZeniMax is being sued by 60s folk singer/songwriter Dion DiMucci (best known as simply "Dion") who wasn't happy with how his music was used to sell the post-apocalyptic RPG.

As reported by The Wrap, Dion found the ads "objectionable because they featured repeated homicides in a dark, dystopian landscape, where violence is glorified as sport. The killings and physical violence were not to protect innocent life, but instead were repugnant and morally indefensible images designed to appeal to young consumers."

Those are some pretty strong words. Though you may be asking yourself, "wait, didn't Dion sign off on this?"

That's where things get tricky. According to court documents obtained by The Wrap, Dion made an arrangement with record label UMG Recordings to license his 1961 classic tune to ZeniMax, but he was supposed to be able to bargain for a better rate or prohibit use of the song altogether if he didn't like the way in which is was being used.

Dion claimed that ZeniMax never reached out to him and he didn't know how his work was being used until after the ads ran. Had he been given a heads up, he could have either pulled the song, convinced ZeniMax to make these ads tell "the story of a post-apocalyptic struggle for survival without craven violence", or renegotiated a higher fee to overcome the negative association he saw in these promos.

This Fallout 4 ad featuring 'The Wanderer' isn't as violent as one might expect, but it still features some gun violence against super mutants.

We've reached out to Bethesda on this one and will update should the Fallout 4 maker offer its side of this story.

Quillon

Arcane
I hated that song, thought they must have written it recently just for bethestard's fallout. Cringy as fuck when put together with "wanderer" of bethesda.

Last edited:

Todd_the_Liar

Novice
Too bad Dion DiMucci didn't click on the EULA before he sang that song:

According to the FO4 and Skyrim SE EULA:
(a) All Customized Game Materials created by you are exclusively owned by LICENSOR and/or its licensors (as the case may be) and you hereby transfer, assign and convey to LICENSOR all right, title and interest in and to the Customized Game Materials and LICENSOR and its permitted licensors may use any Customized Game Materials made publicly available to you for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to for purposes of advertising and promoting the Software;

And decent rebalance mods for this yet? From ones I've found at a glance, none use DT or emphasis on bleeding, everyone's idea of 'difficulty' is dying in one hit, spending half the play time staring at the loading screen and the other half larping their toon's "needs".

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And decent rebalance mods for this yet? From ones I've found at a glance, none use DT or emphasis on bleeding, everyone's idea of 'difficulty' is dying in one hit, spending half the play time staring at the loading screen and the other half larping their toon's "needs".
I actually enjoyed the 1 hit mods, I mean, it's not 1 hit, but damage is multiplied 2-3x, meaning you have a lot less breathing room in a battle, but it's not bad.

circ

Arcane
Give it up give it up give it up give it up give it up.

There's nothing to salvage here. There was nothing to salvage in FO3 - well other than combining it with the atleast more life-like FONV through TOTW.

FO4 is not even 2 years old and it has already reached the waifu phase of modding - where the vast majority of mods seem to be character cosmetic mods/dolled up followers. By comparison, Oblivion didn't enter that phase until sometime around the release of Skyrim - 5 years later? And there are still surges of landscape and UI mods from time to time.

Skyrim, 6 years later, not counting SE, is still not fully in the waifu phase.

Mods like Sim Settlements are good - but the settlers still use the Bethesda AI™. No mod has fixed survival mode; they've made some annoyances less apparent, but it needs a complete overhaul - NV survival wasn't that bad, and it was really simple. Bethesda weren't happy with it apparently and made additions, but hit their head on some doors repeatedly in the process.

Exteriors aren't interesting, partly because of the extremely boring encounters and again AI. Interiors use the same few templates and the only purpose of interiors is to gather more junk for the horrible settlement mode.

Story is shit. Mechanics are shit. Companions, though some start out better than others, ultimately become stuck records you want to turn into bullet pincushions - some quicker than others.

I actually enjoyed the 1 hit mods, I mean, it's not 1 hit, but damage is multiplied 2-3x, meaning you have a lot less breathing room in a battle, but it's not bad.
It's fine when you're shot in the head while wearing no helmet. But apart from that, bleeding makes more sense as the #1 reason to die - which also makes for better gameplay, where you still can't be a bullet sponge, but don't constantly reload for no good reason either. 1-hit-kill gameplay only encourages stealth archery as the sensible option, which I've never found fun and feels more like cheating, given Bethesda's AI.

Give it up give it up give it up give it up give it up.
That bad, huh. Oh well.

Falksi

Arcane
Jesus I'd forgot this peice of shit existed.

Running around The Witcher 3's vast, tiresome, empty, pointless, repetitive, and frankly awful open world bored the shit out of me.......but at least the odd quest was decent, with some actually very interesting. However, FO4..........ye gads. One of the most empty & soulless games I've ever played, and each quest i played just felt totally shit & work-like.

And why on earth did they introduce that whole fucking Minecraft bollocks? What a total waste of life that was.

As each Underrail play draws me in more & more, lushly enticing & exciting me to return again & again, it's frightening to see how such a big budgeted game like FO4 can be so vastly inferior to something like that.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I think Survival Mode in the Vanilla is hardcore enough for me. Once I got the radium rifle in an early game Legendary drop that causes 15 points of splash damage and modded it with the vanilla mod options along with maxing out the Rifeman perk, the game became a faceroll. However, with that kind of power comes cockiness. I'm playing the Far Harbor DLC now and it rarely occurred to me that certain enemies ALSO have that Rifleman perk maxed out. So I was cut down 5 times like a mad dog by a Courser with a low-level laser pistol I was hunting. Also got one shotted by a harpoon. Really hated that Cyberspace puzzle in Far Harbor but I'm enjoying it for the most part.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom