Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a joke, son.

Mitch Loidolt is a big funnyman. He even has a Codex account. Where are you, BurritoGoblin

Quillon

Arcane
Browsing through fig comments...

ChaosPrimarch

@ feargus I want to see sentient amour that feeds ofg your life force if you over use its powers it also has the personality of a nymphomaniac.

Jan 27, 2017 | 08:57 AM

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fusers%2Fprofile_images%2Fd4fa69cd78b5e5f5f6975cf35dce6fc8e9787f11%2Foriginal.png%3F1439917264

Feargus
DEVELOPER

Getting right on that! Can we add that it can only have a British accent?

Jan 27, 2017 | 09:03 AM

If this was the $5M stretch goal, it woulda been achieved! :P

Hmn, Feargus praises Dave Williams(system designer) a lot in the comments. Apparently he's very good with complex systems & made a card game called "legend of the five rings". Guess they were comfortable getting more in depth with classes/adding 1 more subclass later trusting him, freeing Josh to lead the narrative & do other stuff.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Browsing through fig comments...

ChaosPrimarch

@ feargus I want to see sentient amour that feeds ofg your life force if you over use its powers it also has the personality of a nymphomaniac.

Jan 27, 2017 | 08:57 AM

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fusers%2Fprofile_images%2Fd4fa69cd78b5e5f5f6975cf35dce6fc8e9787f11%2Foriginal.png%3F1439917264

Feargus
DEVELOPER

Getting right on that! Can we add that it can only have a British accent?

Jan 27, 2017 | 09:03 AM

If this was the $5M stretch goal, it woulda been achieved! :P

Hmn, Feargus praises Dave Williams(system designer) a lot in the comments. Apparently he's very good with complex systems & made a card game called "legend of the five rings". Guess they were comfortable getting more in depth with classes/adding 1 more subclass later trusting him, freeing Josh to lead the narrative & do other stuff.
i want an overly attached waifu armor like in new vegas old world blues

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why do you think that?

Outside of the class-based ones, I think there's a distinct lack of interesting feats in PoE1. The good ones you always pick regardless of class (like +acc), and you struggle with finding the least shitty ones after that. That's a problem with the generic feats, though, so making the subclasses into class feats won't fix that problem, I dunno. There's also another problem that only I care about - it's the total mess that happens in the lore/world with these subclass names. I've been repeating that since forever, but it's basically that these subclasses (most of them) don't exist as a thing in the world of Eora, they are only a UI element with the goal of making the player feel "cool". I also question the point of having subclasses that you pick up at character creation, I always liked subclasses that you work towards in quests, like DA:O f.e.

Delterius

Arcane
I'm a wizard in real life with priest levels. Some people call me a Hierophant.

Obviously there isn't an order of us or something.

I am triggered by people using this example in particular when hierophants are the easiest example to give an order of. They are basically scholarly clerics, as they were in real life.
Ya, its the Church of Wael.

hogcranker

Novice
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Kingmaker
"Some things" = Orlan fur FX.

I agree that it would be cool to be able to toggle such things off and on, but it sounded like it was an issue with the base model, so I'm guessing turning off parts of it wasn't worth the programming time if it was possible at all.

NVIDIA HAIRWORKS FOR ORLANS PLEASE

I'm beyond sickened by the poor simulation of pubic hair in this entire garbage medium.

I hope Josh and co. are reading this.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I also found the druid transformations underwhelming. I wish we had more forms as well, 1 kinda defeats the point of being a shifter.

fobia

Was it indefinitely? I thought only prolongued?
Would be awesome if you're right.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
are transformations permanent at least or are they the same useless and unfun shit as in PoE1?

What? Druid spiritshift was initially useless but in 3.0 it's so strong. Especially Hiravias who will just hit for 100 twice a second later in the game absolutely destroying everything. Hell, I would not be able to do so well in some fights initially in WM if not for Hiravias' shift, he alone could take down 2 ogres during his transformation.

I agree though a shapeshift subclass which sacrifices spells but gets a stronger and permanent spiritshift would be cool. I am especially a fan of stag form, looks cool and feels unique.

Sentinel

Arcane
I didn't play a Druid in 3.0, I did my 3.0 run with a Wizard, but shapeshifting was beyond mega shit at launch. I kept thinking "maybe it gets better, no one would design something this fucking retarded and weak and be ok with it", but that never happened.

As to making Druids interesting to play, buffing their combat power isn't really enough. Give me exclusive dialogue options for when I'm shapeshifted or NPCs reacting differently to my ugly stag face. I had enough combat for 2 lifetimes in PoE. Give me something cool to do that isn't bashing a monster's face in with a spell that I've used in every RPG I've ever played in the past 20 years.

Delterius

Arcane
Hiravias' shapeshifting is actually a pretty great counterpart to Arcane Missiles. Neither are meant to substitute actual spellcasting and both are good 'every battle' resources, kinda like a Priest's Favoured Weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom