Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AngryJoe's shitstorm

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo a was just browsing the redtube.... i meant youtube and decided to see if fat mexican have something new to watch.Well there was a lot to watch in his comment section.
In short the fat prick was constantly promising new game reviews to his mob and then not delivering.He even made a schedule that lasted for a whole month before he just decided to not follow it.After a few months of not following his schedule and making a lot of letsplay,movie reviews and excuses he decided that had worked far too hard and it is in need of a small vocation,just barely two or tree months : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3cYWOEp-3o .After that he begun uploading more letsplays and movie reviews,but without the comment section and like/dislike buttons.Also there is twitter https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/507628277352378368.
Oh and that
636qTxr.png

83JfEzC.png

I am not fan of the fat mexican but i am fan of watching shitstorms from afar and this one looks promising.

Deleted member 7219

He likes to dish out criticism but he's unwilling to take any on his own work.

Many of the complaints about him are valid as he has fans who donate to him or watch the ads to keep his channel going. AngryJoe built up his following because of his 'Angry' video game reviews - where he would take apart a game over 30 minutes or more.

Now he's more interested in reviewing trailers and movies with his stupid friends. That is his choice, but he shouldn't whine about it when his fans criticise his change of priorities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
His mistake is that he was up front and honest with his viewers, then decided to just walk away from that to do his own thing.

Of course he's gonna get flak for that, and that requires a certain PR dance to get safely through, and someone who claims to love doing all this should at least try to explain himself.

The problem is that AngryJoe didn't even try, because he can't dance for shit.

As far as I can tell he's been shilling non-stop for 9 years, so this is nothing new from him.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
His mistake is that he was up front and honest with his viewers, then decided to just walk away from that to do his own thing.

Of course he's gonna get flak for that, and that requires a certain PR dance to get safely through, and someone who claims to love doing all this should at least try to explain himself.

The problem is that AngryJoe didn't even try, because he can't dance for shit.

As far as I can tell he's been shilling non-stop for 9 years, so this is nothing new from him.
All that is needed was to be honest.Most people on the net price honesty high,because it is very rear good.He made his name by being honest about games and not becouse he have cosplay gay fetish.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sooo a was just browsing the redtube.... i meant youtube and decided to see if fat mexican have something new to watch.Well there was a lot to watch in his comment section.
In short the fat prick was constantly promising new game reviews to his mob and then not delivering.He even made a schedule that lasted for a whole month before he just decided to not follow it.After a few months of not following his schedule and making a lot of letsplay,movie reviews and excuses he decided that had worked far too hard and it is in need of a small vocation,just barely two or tree months : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3cYWOEp-3o .After that he begun uploading more letsplays and movie reviews,but without the comment section and like/dislike buttons.Also there is twitter https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/507628277352378368.
Oh and that
636qTxr.png

83JfEzC.png

I am not fan of the fat mexican but i am fan of watching shitstorms from afar and this one looks promising.
I rate this post "Meh"...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The curse of the Spoony One strikes again. Unbelievable that these creators are so stupid that they are willing to lose all the good faith and all those subscribers because a) they are lazy as fuck b) they think more of themselves than they actually are.

I have seen lamenting videos like these from Joe, and he is always saying that doing all these sketches, writing the script and getting the costumes are hard work. He even said one time that he didn't do a review for a game because the costumes haven't arrived in time. Like WHAT THE FUCK? I don't care about your stupid costumes, your cringy sketches. I want you talking about the game. And he is in the delusion that people like his shitty acting and comedy. People want to see him REVIEWING games, because even though he is a mainstream reviewer, he is thorough and has good points. But no, he'd rather skip a review than make one without a stupid comedy sketch.

And of course playing a game and writing a review takes work, but making a let's play and sitting in front of a camera talking about a movie you have just seen takes zero effort. This is why he is a lazy fuck.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The curse of the Spoony One strikes again. Unbelievable that these creators are so stupid that they are willing to lose all the good faith and all those subscribers because a) they are lazy as fuck b) they think more of themselves than they actually are.

I have seen lamenting videos like these from Joe, and he is always saying that doing all these sketches, writing the script and getting the costumes are hard work. He even said one time that he didn't do a review for a game because the costumes haven't arrived in time. Like WHAT THE FUCK? I don't care about your stupid costumes, your cringy sketches. I want you talking about the game. And he is in the delusion that people like his shitty acting and comedy. People want to see him REVIEWING games, because even though he is a mainstream reviewer, he is thorough and has good points. But no, he'd rather skip a review than make one without a stupid comedy sketch.

And of course playing a game and writing a review takes work, but making a let's play and sitting in front of a camera talking about a movie you have just seen takes zero effort. This is why he is a lazy fuck.
Well youtube is like any work,it attracts cetain type of people.For example political work attracts greedy,lying,conniving,incompetent bastards.Youtube attracts lazy assholes with god complex.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
making a let's play and sitting in front of a camera talking about a movie you have just seen takes zero effort
Sorry but this is :retarded:
I'm sorry but it really doesn't, at least not in the form Joe does it. It takes talent to play the game and make witty remarks during a let's play, but as far as effort goes, it really is just playing a game and recording it. As for Joe's movie reviews, they are just freeform converstaions between a few friends about a film they have just seen. You just have to be good at talking to make these. On the other hand, for a review you have to play the game, notice the pros and cons of the game, write the review, record it, edit it. It takes effort.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Lol Retardojoe has fans on the codex? Who would have thought.

The only time i was amused by his video was when he was raging at pb games because he is too retarded to get twitch combat or the fact that his GC is not strong enough to beat every monster from early on in the game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The only time i was amused by his video was when he was raging at pb games because he is too retarded to get twitch combat or the fact that his GC was not being strong enough to beat every monster from early on in the game.
Hahahahahahaha i remembered,it was fun to watch merican trying to play such game.He was whining how hard Risen 3"the easiest PB game ever".

Deleted member 7219

The only time i was amused by his video was when he was raging at pb games because he is too retarded to get twitch combat or the fact that his GC is not strong enough to beat every monster from early on in the game.

Who are AngryJoe's fans?

Beastro

Arcane

They make tons of money doing something that doesn't feel like a job, so they don't treat it as one.

All this comes down to is fucking work ethic and the failure of their like to foster that mentality despite the price it would cost.

Reposting:

Dude did the right move canning his schtick and working through the blow back in a good way, which seems to be the point Joe is reaching with his (while bitching instead of being honest and preparing his fans for the end of it and a transition into a more sedate format, or whatever, I've only seen a few minutes of his stuff when linked by others and it was enough to never go back to it).

That plus Rolfe is a father and doesn't seem to be a shit one, so he's got his priorities straight on reining in the videos while not canning a source of income completely (and despite his stupid schtick seemed to be a leveled headed guy before the kid came).

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

They make tons of money doing something that doesn't feel like a job, so they don't treat it as one.

All this comes down to is fucking work ethic and the failure of their like to foster that mentality despite the price it would cost.
Ok i must ask.What the fuck is work ethics????In my country you do your job and you get paid,simple.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Bro, if you're worried about your health, how about stop eating all the tacos instead of blaming your audience.

Fucking seriously.

Beastro

Arcane

Ok i must ask.What the fuck is work ethics????In my country you do your job and you get paid,simple.

When it applies this kind of stuff, sucking it up and putting the shit out, as oppose to collecting tens of thousands like Spoony and then winding up producing even less than he used to while never making his promised movie. Could you imagine an actor getting tired of a role on a show and just not doing it anymore, while not leaving the show on top of it? If someone gets sick of that kind of thing, they stick with it until they're out of their contract and then stop and transition to something else.

The problem with this kinds of thing is it dwells in the twilight between hobby and job, often being the former before becoming the latter, but remaining something done more while it's enjoyable and then tanking once it ceases to be.

In Rolfe's case he got sick of what he was doing, but didn't drop it and found a way to nicely transition his audience into what was more doable for him both passion wise as well as just sitting around talking about stuff with little to no production values. Above all he, as that video Infinitron linked shows, is quite clear about what he has always wanted to focus on so people shouldn't be surprised that he does a lot of movie stuff even if he tries to maintain the video game content his fans love. He's actually trying to strike a balance between a hobby and the fact that it's grown into something more than that.

Joe instead bitches that people should shut up because they get free content to watch, not focusing on what he makes out of it and the obligation of decency that comes with it, if only to be honest and try to prepare his fans for less of what they love by leveling with them that the magic is gone.

Last edited:

Uncle Skull

Educated

His greatest hour was that time when he called Risen the "worst game of 2009/2010" because it has a shitty console port, and then said in response to the people telling him that he should play on PC that the game is shit anyway because in 1 quest you wipe the floor.
And then people wonder why Gothic isn't popular in the US.

Another notable moment was when (I think) Spoony was doing a interview with Richard Garriot, and the fat Mexican did one of those awful G.I. Joe skits with that retarded looking villian with the helmet to "illustrate" how EA fucked Ultima 9 over.

Explorerbc

Arcane
It seems like every youtuber gets bored after a while and wants to try something new which isn't surprising really. It is hard for any series to keep being interesting both to its creator and the fans. Especially for these guys who were hopeless nerds when they started, now they have an unlikely source of relative success/fame and probably going through a mid-life crisis thinking "wtf am I doing with my life ranting about videogames for 10 years on yt"

Even Rolfe's content has changed in nature and quality. He sort of dropped the AVGN thing and half his videos these days are his autistic friends doing let's plays. The only difference is that he is a family man and probably was down to earth enough as a person to think "ok this is as good as it's gonna get, better try to keep this job"

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well it is only natural to finish the job that you have started,it is interesting that you have such pompous words for something that basic.There is job skipping and laziness everywhere,only mad people are not lazy.Also talking about this thing i remembered that Totalbiscuit have become super lazy past few years.

Beastro

Arcane
making a let's play and sitting in front of a camera talking about a movie you have just seen takes zero effort

I dunno about Let's Plays, I've never been of the personality to do them so I don't know what they're like, maybe to some they're no different than playing a game as if no one was watching. A movie review, or any review really, unless you're just shitting out one that only states the superficial and obvious then it takes a good amount of time mulling over what a movie was about and picking it apart to do a honestly worthy review.

Now that doesn't take a lot of effort, but it at least takes some.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Joe cannot expect any loyalty or understanding when he appeals to two digit I.Q casual gamers as his target audience.

This is not surprising in the slightest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom