Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disfavored or Scarlet Chorus

Explorerbc

Arcane
As you may know, thanks to my superior artistic skills I secured a copy of Tyranny from the codex and I am currently at the point where I have to choose which faction to join.

I don't know if this topic was discussed in the megathread but I'm not going through 80 pages to find out.

So normally I would choose to join the Disfavored because:
+ They act like true bros and honorabru companions
+ They actually look cool and resemble a proper disciplined army and not a bunch of degenerates like the Chorus
+ Verse doesn't seem to mind you joining them

On the negative side:
- Voices of Nerat is right about their "kill everything" policy being completely retarded
- Graven Ashe acts like a bitch if you disagree with him

The problem I have with the Chorus is that:
- They are a group of sadistic lowlifes and act like animals
- Every commander I met so far was a dick
- They always seem to be a bunch of pussies when the time comes for some action
- Barik becomes butthurt and wants to leave if you don't support his beloved General

However
+ Voices of Nerat is an interesting character
+ Their whole camp seem more interesting in general. They have Beastmen, they have that posh chick who sings, prisoners etc.

Are the quests so different depending on which faction you join ? Is one path better than the other in terms of quality/quantity of writing/outcomes etc. Which one did you join and why ? Discuss!

Sizzle

Arcane
Joined the Disfavored - exactly because of the reasons you described. Graven Ashe's behavior also has a good resolution at the end if you stick with them.

Haven't played the SC path (maybe I'll do that once all the DLCs are out), but every path (4 of them, and there's supposed to be an extra one on the way) have slightly different quests (with lots of overlap).

Rev

Arcane
I joined the Disfavored because of the reasons you said, I later started a second playthrough with the Chorus but I stopped around half Act II.
From what I've seen anyway there is some replayability as some of the places you'll explore are different/cut out in other paths but most of the time you'll just to do the same stuff you did in your first playthrough, only for another faction and sometimes with a different goal, which means that maybe in a quest you'll have to save a character that the other faction told you to kill in their path, or you will have some different choices here and there, but it basically plays the same: you'll just kill whoever stands in your way, only real difference will be they'll be dressed in red or in purple depending on your choice.

Didn't tried the Rebel or the indipendent path at all, so maybe there will be more differences there, although I wouldn't expect anything huge.

PrettyDeadman

Disfavored is plain, banal, boring, generic shit, but Scarlet Choir is just retarded.
Not an easy choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revenant

The fascist disfavored are for alt-righters, the outlaw Chorus - for free spirited individuals. Choose according to your political beliefs. Also, I suggest against reading the spoiler because it's really cool to find it out by yourself (like I did on my first playthrough completely naturally and the feeling was very rewarding) and I believe it to be the best choice:

if you initially side with the either and betray them both, as well as the rebels, you gain access to an exclusive Archon who I find to be very, very cool, and you apparently don't even meet him or even know about his existence unless you betray every other faction in the first chapter

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The fascist disfavored are for alt-righters, the outlaw Chorus - for free spirited individuals. Choose according to your political beliefs. Also, I suggest against reading the spoiler because it's really cool to find it out by yourself (like I did on my first playthrough completely naturally and the feeling was very rewarding) and I believe it to be the best choice:

if you initially side with the either and betray them both, as well as the rebels, you gain access to an exclusive Archon who I find to be very, very cool, and you apparently don't even meet him or even know about his existence unless you betray every other faction in the first chapter
Do you mean Bleden Mark? You do meet him throughout the game on other paths too. I also fought him as the final boss after siding with Chorus and killing both Archons in the end.

Revenant

I actually never got to beating the game and kinda doubt I ever will. In any case and without going into any spoilers, I think the best way to play Tyranny is to just make decisions on a whim and see what unexpected possibilities present later.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Disfavoured is the best out of the two Barik is cool. Scarlet chorus just seems like a joke they are disgusting pig Orc people that do their best to annoy the player character as much as they can the Scarlet Chorus party member "Verse" speaks and acts like a two copper whore she has no redeeming features to her no reason for me to care about her, I just remember thinking if there wasn't an element of the story that meant Verse was not important to another party member I'd strip off all her gear and make her walk into a mob and die permanently even Sirin hates her for good reason.

The only great thing about this game was Sirin. They must have used all their "good writing ability" to make this character. Really makes me want to get revenge on the person who put that clockwork contraption on her head and I feel empathy for this character. Plus she's a cutie.

8b6QYF.jpg

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Disfavored. They're hardline civilization-builders, well-structured, ordered and disciplined, with a strict hierarchy, living and acting in accordance to the rule of law and principles of honour. They can be considered tremendous assholes, sure, but they don't rape, they don't murder, they don't shit where they sleep, and they don't pillage randomly. Furthermore, the Disfavored can always be trusted, and will live up to any deals and bargains made, if you can get them to negotiate.

I honestly have no fucking clue why anyone would ever pick the Scarlet Chorus. They're untrustworthy, shit-covered degenerates.

Gobbet is cute though and very well mannered, she's more of a human being than Verse could ever be.

I wouldn't call her eating habits or her pets "well mannered".
She's cute, though, so she gets a pass.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Which one did you join and why ? Discuss!

I'm a near-anarchist and even I would choose the Disfavored over the Scarlet Chaos.

The Scarlet Chorus have pretty much no redeeming qualities. They are the people you would band together to destroy and/or contain in any society.

Quillon

Arcane
they don't murder
loooool as if "kill everyone" is not murder
Murder's like homicide. Kill everyone is genocide.

Murder is an old word. Mercy is letting a soul fly free to the next body. True punishment? Ruining somebody to their soul. Crack their spirits like you would crack their skulls with a staff! Beat them, hurt them in mind and body so their souls become shards! But you leave it inside the vessel, like a bag of glass, to either choke on it or pass it through their bloody stool!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom