Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can I just like, stick my blade into the creature and hold it there?

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac attempts to dodge the flame and fails.

Dodge: [1d100] = 54 vs 66-20 prone=44

Armor no helmet [1d6-1] = 3-1 = 2 Takes 11

Cormac let's out a scream and flails as the jet of flames scortches his body. Cormac's screams subside as his body is quickly consumed by the flame.
You still have a round to get above 0 HP ...

What's the rules for that again?

Wrestle requires a wrestle roll on your next turn . . . it might be worth pointing out that the elemental automatically does fire damage to anything it touches -- grappling it would be the same as it touching you ...

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Was the weird ale from Ghul's tower restorative? If so, do we have any? I'm pretty sure Ker had some at some point. I thought I did too but it's not on my character sheet old or new.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Was the weird ale from Ghul's tower restorative? If so, do we have any? I'm pretty sure Ker had some at some point. I thought I did too but it's not on my character sheet old or new.
I don't remember if the time was taken to identify its effect . . . there's always one way to find out though!

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Ok, I went back and read some of past exploits. The mead from Ghul's tower killed a spore monster growing in Borric. So if our DM rules Ker had some for us to recover, I'll try pouring some down Cormac's gullet. If not I'll try and deal with the Salamander.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok, I went back and read some of past exploits. The mead from Ghul's tower killed a spore monster growing in Borric. So if our DM rules Ker had some for us to recover, I'll try pouring some down Cormac's gullet. If not I'll try and deal with the Salamander.
That might just be the disinfectant effect of alcohol and have nothing to do with magic healing. But I'll shut up now and hope it works.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
That might just be the disinfectant effect of alcohol and have nothing to do with magic healing. But I'll shut up now and hope it works.
Worst comes to worst, I cast Heal

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'll post more tomorrow. I've got a pretty good flu bug. Doing anything creative or that requires actual thought is right the fuck out.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Ah, I forgot about that. Well, I guess there is still a small sliver of hope!
I can try to cast heal next round if you want.
FWIW, if you started casting heal in the next round, the spell wouldn't complete in time, since it goes into effect on the start of your next turn. At this point, it's going to take a physik roll this round, or if Cormac is lucky that golden mead from Koren Ghul's tower will do something good. Speaking of which . . .
Ker and Cormac both had a flask of the stuff . . . I don't remember how Ker's stuff was parcelled out, but a quick pat down of Cormac's belongings will reveal the mead. Rhenmyr will need to make an Agility Roll to turn out his pouch/pack quickly enough to adminster the contents of the flask in the same round.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Rhenmyr grabs Cormac's smoldering and still form and drags him backward a pace. His hands quickly turn out his pouch and empty one of the flasks found in Ghul's tower. He mutters a quick prayer to his ancestors, unstoppers the flask and pours the contents down the priest's throat. The golden flecked fluid bubbles over his charred lips, but doesn't appear to have any other effect.

ERYFKRAD It is Borric's turn to act, before the Salamander gets its turn.

nikolokolus

Arcane
The Salamander doesn't even bother to dodge out the way of Borric's maul as it sails through its body and ricochets off of the flagstone floor. Unconcerned with Borric, it warily advances toward Marcán and his golden blade; wisps of smoke start to rise off of Marcán as it encroaches (roll a D6 Siveon). Another jet of flame spits from the creature's mouth a moment later as the creature focuses its attention on the one individual who presents a real threat. Salamander's fire spit 50% [1d100] = 53, damage [1d10] = 10 but the jet of flame sails past him and splashes against the floor harmlessly (save that there is now a small fire just behind Marcán).

Everyone else may declare and roll for their actions this round (bear in mind that if there is going to be any aid rendered to Cormac, this is the round it must happen in).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom