Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex is looking for news posters

Is Infinitron doing a good job as a newsposter?

• Yes

• No

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Telengard

Arcane
And see? Like DU said nobody have applied for the position in spite the thread being 5 pages long. I don't think Infinitron would mind the competition of having a 2nd newsposter. At this point nobody cares about the community newsposting enough to bother doing it themselves. And you monkeys are chasing out the only guy,in spite his agenda/tastes, who bothers to spare his freetime and is getting shit at least done.
Are you truly trying to get in the way of fair Codexia's attempt to make another one of its punk(ette) stands against the Vast International Conspiracy that seeks to hold her down? A Vast International Conspiracy to which the Administration are but one small part of? Will you truly deny her the chance to once again raise her dainty, black-fingernail-polished fist and Rage Against the (((Machine))).

Because if you do, and if you succeed, you will pretty much destroy about three-quarters of her identity. And that would leave her with only two things: 1) Her love of Fallout 4, mixed with her intense self-denial that she still loves the original Fallouts more - even as she clocks another hundred hours in Fallout 4, bringing her up to her personal goal of 500 hours. And 2) Her self hatred over the fact that she would so much rather be playing dress-up in her new favorite rpg The Sims than going on stinky adventures in an old school rpg.

Such an end would not be a pretty picture for the old Tranny Troll. I mean, she already has enough trouble seeing through her heaps of tear-stained mascara, and that's before you take away most of her self identity and make her cry even harder.

Telengard

Arcane
Infinitron said:
And see? Like DU said nobody have applied for the position in spite the thread being 5 pages long. I don't think Infinitron would mind the competition of having a 2nd newsposter. At this point nobody cares about the community newsposting enough to bother doing it themselves. And you monkeys are chasing out the only guy,in spite his agenda/tastes, who bothers to spare his freetime and is getting shit at least done.
Are you truly trying to get in the way of fair Codexia's attempt to make another one of its punk(ette) stands against the Vast International Conspiracy that seeks to hold her down? A Vast International Conspiracy to which the Administration are but one small part of? Will you truly deny her the chance to once again raise her dainty, black-fingernail-polished fist and Rage Against the (((Machine))).

Because if you do, and if you succeed, you will pretty much destroy about three-quarters of her identity. And that would leave her with only two things: 1) Her love of Fallout 4, mixed with her intense self-denial that she still loves the original Fallouts more - even as she clocks another hundred hours in Fallout 4, bringing her up to her personal goal of 500 hours. And 2) Her self hatred over the fact that she would so much rather be playing dress-up in her new favorite rpg The Sims than going on stinky adventures in an old school rpg.

Such an end would not be a pretty picture for the old Tranny Troll. I mean, she already has enough trouble seeing through her heaps of tear-stained mascara, and that's before you take away most of her self identity and make her cry even harder.
WTF!?!
Translation.

What is the Codex but a nebulously 30s/40s Tranny Troll clinging to the 80s/90s and her youth - a time she believes was somehow cleaner and purer than now. It was the time of punk and post punk. (Plus it was a time where you could still go around with your mates on Saturday night and senselessly bash cars, property, and immigrants with a baseball bat.) Then, the punk movement was, of course, all about international conspiracies of (((globalists))), elites, and foreigners and such that were destroying the world. And uselessly and mindlessly shouting at them in a very loud voice. Now, looking at the Tranny Troll mental meanderings of late, we can all see that she is still clinging onto the culture and the now-tattered clothes and styles of her youth, still dressing up like she was young.

REFERENCES
The Sims thing - www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-key-to-understanding-rpgs.112081/ - link is one of many illustrations I could pull up, if needed.
Fallout 4 - the number of Codexers playing Fallout 4 for many, many hours is already a meme, with Steam group pictures!
Tranny Troll = the Troll site icons + trannies

DramaticPopcorn

the whole point of this drama is moot.
Not completely, THE WHOLE POINT of this drama is that Infinishill is shitting up news section with pointless reposts of kickstarter updates to the public that is largely apathetic and burnt out of them.

Sherry

Arcane
hi.

gosh take weeks off for a school graduation and family to come back and try to sort through all the threads and game news is exhausting so having a news page to be able to get caught up is very helpful and sure must be tiring work and it was the face of the site I found first looking for Pillars information. All the video and interview links were easy to find and even copied to the POE thread too and it is nice to be able to get that information from one site instead of jumping around to find that information so that is why I give my yes vote for a job well done!! tu to Infinitron :hug: because even other games need some coverage between the Deadfire updates and it is a good way to see what else is being made that might interest some of us. :salute:

YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS GUY HAS BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS

this made me laugh and I get it too but that thread omg :argh: how many pages there are to catch up on wtf-crazy-thread!! :eek:

Thanks,
Sherry

Zeriel

Arcane
In all fairness to Goral, the poll title shouldn't have been "Is Infinitron doing a good job as a news poster?". It should have been "Should Codex cover more news?"

If the results were positive and admins are okay with that, then the obvious solution would be multiple news posters. They should cover different corners of the RPG industry - AAA titles, indies, ARPG, retrospectives, general company news, mods for classics etc.
We could be like RPG Watch and spam so much news that nobody bothers to comment on any of it and the site ends up feeling dead.

Also we've tried multiple news posters before for specific areas. They end up not posting. Besides, how many people do you see signing up to post news in this thread? Hundreds, thousands, millions?

Has there even been a single person express any interest at all?

Until such time as another person steps forwards, you can complain all you like but nothing will change.

Well, in the same post that you say no one wants to be a news poster you say that posting more news would lead to no one commenting and kill the site, so if your aim is to encourage applicants that seems like a bit of a non-starter.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
actually i've been really busy with offline/"real life" stuff. I guess that wouldn't make me a good anything poster as I don't even have enough time to shit post anymore. :(

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Is this is a good time to bring up the sub-forum for people who like rpgs Roqua was petitioning for? I think it is a great idea to segregate the community into those who are here because they like to post here like Cripsy, those who are console game fans, general gamers who have a false impression they actually like rpgs and just have one small sub forum for the handful of people here that like rpgs to communicate with our own without having to deal with the majority of posters on this site regarding our hobby. It will only take, probably at most 10 people out of general rpg. People can still read what is posted in the sub forum but they just won't be able to join in the discussion to start retard fights or talk about graphics or animations and the shitty games they love, etc. This is the only way to really have serious rpg discussions - by only allowing the people who know what they are talking about to talk since they will all have the knowledge and breadth of experience necessary to have coherent discussions without getting side tracked by Bioware fans and the average stupid monkey of this site.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this is a good time to bring up the sub-forum for people who like rpgs Roqua was petitioning for? I think it is a great idea to segregate the community into those who are here because they like to post here like Cripsy, those who are console game fans, general gamers who have a false impression they actually like rpgs and just have one small sub forum for the handful of people here that like rpgs to communicate with our own without having to deal with the majority of posters on this site regarding our hobby. It will only take, probably at most 10 people out of general rpg. People can still read what is posted in the sub forum but they just won't be able to join in the discussion to start retard fights or talk about graphics or animations and the shitty games they love, etc. This is the only way to really have serious rpg discussions - by only allowing the people who know what they are talking about to talk since they will all have the knowledge and breadth of experience necessary to have coherent discussions without getting side tracked by Bioware fans and the average stupid monkey of this site.
If only there were some way to "ignore" the posts of people you don't like.

Prime Junta

I'm sure you and Roqua will get along famously there.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
RAPTORS HATE HIM! Man Finds Way To Avoid Ads

((Girl)) Finds way To Earn 3170+ Brofists working From HOME!

Great ideas, but not quite dramatic enough yet. Here's a couple of ideas.

Each morning father sneaks into daughter's room - she doesn't know what he is doing.
http://archive.is/CLrIf

(Playing Baldur's Gate on her PC)

A simply visit to an internet forum turns into horror trip for girl with down syndrome.

( 1. The girl referenced by the accompanying picture isn't the one talked about in the article.
2. Girl needs consent of parents to use internet because of down syndrome. That's it.
3. Story already half a year old, copy/paste from somewhere else
4. Already posted 3 times in the past by Infinitron)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
In all fairness to Goral, the poll title shouldn't have been "Is Infinitron doing a good job as a news poster?". It should have been "Should Codex cover more news?"

If the results were positive and admins are okay with that, then the obvious solution would be multiple news posters. They should cover different corners of the RPG industry - AAA titles, indies, ARPG, retrospectives, general company news, mods for classics etc.
We could be like RPG Watch and spam so much news that nobody bothers to comment on any of it and the site ends up feeling dead.

Also we've tried multiple news posters before for specific areas. They end up not posting. Besides, how many people do you see signing up to post news in this thread? Hundreds, thousands, millions?

Has there even been a single person express any interest at all?

Until such time as another person steps forwards, you can complain all you like but nothing will change.

Well, in the same post that you say no one wants to be a news poster you say that posting more news would lead to no one commenting and kill the site, so if your aim is to encourage applicants that seems like a bit of a non-starter.
If anyone is put off by that, trust me when I tell you they wouldn't survive as a news poster.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
If anyone is put off by that, trust me when I tell you they wouldn't survive as a news poster.
BTW, the "Contact us" button could be doubled and renamed to "share news" (with red font for better effect) or something like that. When I read "Contact us" button I immediately think it's more about business opportunities (something for advertisers for example) and not the means to post news. Usually gaming sites do not allow for users to post news or even contact them, I didn't think it was different for the Codex (and why else would I want to contact you). What do people contact you about via that button? News mainly? Threats? Insults?

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm willing to post news about this thread.

Today, in the "Codex is looking for news posters thread", DarkUnderlord expressed skepticism towards the notion that man, by his very nature, needs positive reinforcement. "Some people just want to watch the world burn," the degenerate aussie said at press time, while resting at his palatial summer ranch. "Those are the kind of people we need as newsposters. Weak-ass, pussy-kneed bitches need not apply." He started to add more, but was interrupted by a quick-flying Kickstarter update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom