Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Larian Studios RPG Survey

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It feels almost like they stereotyped their customers as people who first touched Fallout and BG a few years ago, but mostly played Fallout 4 and "Co-Op Multiplayer Games"...

DramaticPopcorn

Not surprising that Inifinitron didn't post this newspiece since this wasn't posted on Kickstarter :M

Falksi

Arcane
Poor survey.

The game selections which they offer up are a shit selection. I liked certain genre's, but found myself either hating most the games in the selection, or having not played them.

Also, what they're focussing on makes fuck all difference to a game being good/sellable. Pre-written characters or not, 1st person perspective or 3rd etc. who gives a shit? So long as it's done well people will enjoy it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Mission accomplished,my gender was battleship class Yamato and my news source is RPG Codex.

Now i am worried that Larian is testing the water for the mmo and mobile market.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Larian asks what's best in life.

CHALLENGING. ISOMETRIC. SOLO. TACTICAL TURN-BASED COMBAT. CUSTOM CHARACTERS. NOT STORY-DRIVEN.

There is nothing better than party of aimless wanderers doing random encounters with little to no plot. It would be even better if the game ended at character creation, so the prestigious numbers will never be sullied with storyfaggotry.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
CUSTOMER CHARACTERS

You see three financial analysts. Do you choose to (a) fight, (b) debate fiscal economy?

(b)
Keynesian policy solutions are based on mathematic models with unrealistic assumptions and are enforced by economically illiterate politicians, who are incentivised to run a constant budget deficit by the short electoral cycle.
It's garbage what you say. Budget deficit is not a problem if the economy grows faster than the debt (this however does not include times of crises, because during crises, recessions and depressions deficit naturally balloons due loss in budget revenue and simultaneous growth in unemployment payouts, bailouts etc. Btw, Keynesian assumptions are still better than those used previously, although they did not account for things like stagflation they were improved since then. It's the bubbles that is the main problem and form due to lack of oversight (2007 crisis was caused by Clintons abolishment of controls of banks) and are funded by running deficits (stimulating the economy) like the Bush's desire to fund the wars prior to 2007. Hence, the 200 K USD payouts for each speech for Hillary and Bill.

Last edited:

mushaden

Scholar
Is there a question about if you like randomly generated Diablo style loot in single player turn based rpgs?

otsego

Cipher
Codexian duty done.
Pro-tip, I marked Div OS as 'love' and RTWP as 'like' ;)

Anubioz

Novice
No Path of Exile in Action RPGs? What was the point of that section if the best game in its genre wasn't included?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom