Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Starwars

Arcane
Kind of a shame that you didn't go into the White March a bit earlier, there are some fun fights early on there if you are lower level. But yeah, should still be some good fights if I remember it correctly.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wanted to finish as much of Od Nua as I could before tackling White March, I cleared level 11 just now and I think it's time for WM. It's giving me the option to scale it, though, by how much does it scale?

Lacrymas

Arcane
I scaled it since my main char is level 9, literally got to that in the last fight on the 11th floor of Od Nua.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I thought the Engwithan teaching has an intellect or lore check to be successful. I don't remember the quest itself in details. But I didn't remember successfully speaking to the vampires in Od Nua either.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I spoke to the orlan slave in Stalwart, I'm disappointed that I didn't have a special response due to my own former slave status OR as a priest of Skaen. Also, what's up with the excessive amounts of VO lol.

Sizzle

Arcane
I thought the Engwithan teaching has an intellect or lore check to be successful. I don't remember the quest itself in details. But I didn't remember successfully speaking to the vampires in Od Nua either.

Nope, you learn it from Icantha during the course of the Undying Heritage quest.

And you can only talk to the vampire (as well as read the wall carvings in Clîaban Rilag and Lle a Rhemen) in Od Nua if you finished that quest beforehand.

almondblight

Arcane
I spoke to the orlan slave in Stalwart, I'm disappointed that I didn't have a special response due to my own former slave status OR as a priest of Skaen. Also, what's up with the excessive amounts of VO lol.

I play without the voice overs because I've found the voice acting to be between "meh" and "bad." For example, the first guy that talks to you when you enter Gilded Vale seems to have at least a somewhat understandable position when you just read the text, but when you listen to him talk he's acting like a cartoonish villain.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I scaled it since my main char is level 9, literally got to that in the last fight on the 11th floor of Od Nua.

Well, scaled WM1 at level 9/8... I think I did the same. Should be good fun!
One small hint: even though the Battery is recommended to be tackled last, there is an exterior area that can be easily explored early.

Parabalus

Arcane
Damn, spiritshifted Hiravias is insane. Even with his shitty attributes, because his Staelgar form has higher base dmg than normal, he just runs around mauling people for 150-200 a pop with no recovery. With Wildstrike talents+belt and fire chant he ends up doing more than half of his damage as lash.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I play without the voice overs because I've found the voice acting to be between "meh" and "bad." For example, the first guy that talks to you when you enter Gilded Vale seems to have at least a somewhat understandable position when you just read the text, but when you listen to him talk he's acting like a cartoonish villain.

The VO is uniformly terrible tbh, they are just speaking their lines rather than going in-character so it all sounds artificial. Not that there's any character to go into, but whatevs. Even the protagonist and adventurer voice sets are absolutely awful, I hate the way half of them speak. The "sinister" voice set I chose for my character sounds like an ancient, shriveled lady, a stereotypical old witch; the paladin's voice I chose sounds like Ashley from Mass Effect, I think it's the exact same voice actress and it's kinda cringey; the barbarian sounds like he's choking on rocks stuck in his throat (or a dick). It seems 90% of NPCs in Stalwart are voiced, so it's even worse.

Parabalus

Arcane
They could have added all their VO from NWN2, those were pretty okayish if very stereotypical.

Finished TWM2 at level 9 and got the tempered ending, always managed to muck that one up before but I finally got it.

Still have to decide whom to sacrifice to the blood pool, who do you guys think is least likely to make a cameo in Deadfire?
At the end of PoE you also have a rather impressive set of earned talents, I wonder how much of those they will honor in the sequel.

Sizzle

Arcane
Still have to decide whom to sacrifice to the blood pool, who do you guys think is least likely to make a cameo in Deadfire?

Grieving Mother is the one I least expect to make an appearance.

At the end of PoE you also have a rather impressive set of earned talents, I wonder how much of those they will honor in the sequel.

They really should. It's like a little bonus for all the people that are importing their characters over from PoE1. None of these are too OP, but they are nice, the player earned them and should continue making use of them in the sequel.

Sannom

Augur
Probably, yeah. Kind of how the ring of Arcane Might changed effects between BG1 and BG2, when twice the number of 1st level spells didn't seem that impressive anymore.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I most expect Sagani to make a cameo, since we are near Naasitaq anyway (if not literally go there), she's the most useful sacrifice, though. Durance, Grieving Mother, probably all of WM's companions (I'm certain the Devil won't) and probably Hiravias I don't expect to have cameos.

Quillon

Arcane
I expect Durance cameo, he's too related not to make one tho depends if Obs wanna continue an MCA character and if Eric is writing anything other than Eder, otherwise him being one of the returning companions could have been a no brainer. Sagani cameo depends on their DLC plans; if they'll make Naasitaq DLC there won't be any need to see her in the base game.

Sizzle

Arcane
I most expect Sagani to make a cameo, since we are near Naasitaq anyway (if not literally go there)

I expect Naasitaq to be a DLC (though that would be a little too reminiscent of TWM, so they might not go in that direction because of that), if not a full expansion, and Sagani to be a recruitable NPC there.

she's the most useful sacrifice, though.

:D

Durance, Grieving Mother, probably all of WM's companions (I'm certain the Devil won't) and probably Hiravias I don't expect to have cameos.

Agreed. They could potentially pop up, put there really isn't a reason for any of them to.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Outside Sagani, Durance is the most likely and the most logical one to come back due to Eothas (he might feel he didn't finish his job, and I'll be the first one to help him do it, I like my dead characters staying dead), but I'm 99% certain he won't because of MCA's departure. Unless someone is willing to desiccate and butcher his character, of course.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom