Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian RPG Survey, Fill it with INCLINE NOW!!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BROS LOOK WHAT I DID LOLOLOLO
hG3v9Fb.png

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Done. I was thinking it was a scam because it had the ability to select "other" in genders. I thought Larian weren't infected with SJW madness.

Are they no longer decent developers?

PrettyDeadman

Done. I was thinking it was a scam because it had the ability to select "other" in genders. I thought Larian weren't infected with SJW madness.

I am pretty sure "other" is just a euphemism for "lol joke answer".

Tao

Savant

I am pretty sure "other" is just a euphemism for "lol joke answer".
It's not. It's easier this way because it cost nothing and you give the whiners whom proffit from this retoric what they preach, so they dont target you. That's why the retardness is winning, the only lose is coherence and comon sense.

Pd: Thanks for the survey, i'll do it later at home.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Maybe when they do the statistics, they immediately eliminate all who responded "other", cause fags and other mentally ill people are no one's TA.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Grim Dawn and PoEx aren't mentioned anywhere in the survey, but there's Diablo 3. Do they really so desperately need another confirmation that people hated D3? Or are they going to judge all modern (pseudo)isometric ARPGs by that one spectacular failure?

Other notable omissions (all genres): TES (except the MMO), Deus Ex, Starcraft (do they mention any RTS at all?), Borderlands, AoD, The Banner Saga. The absence of TToN is understandable because they chose not to include any games released this year. I understand that they wanted to keep it reasonably short but come on. If you don't include entire series that have 3-5 games to date and are wildly popular, you're not going to get an accurate picture.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
...Dishonored 2 classifies as an ARPG?

Edit: I must say that I hate some of the questions, because I can't help but to feel like they're misleading in context. For example, there were questions regarding co-op games, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't love Borderlands 1/2 in co-op, but in no way, fashion, shape or form does this make the Borderlands games good RPG:s.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...4uRFR7w-nyjt6WG0VzDRBsXTpHaY9Q6A/formResponse

it's currently posted on reddit, which will fill it with decline anwers and polls. combat the decline now with filling the form codex style!!!

FIGHT THE FUCKING DECLINE, FLAY AND CRUCIFY FUCKING CASUALS

Infinitron MAKE A NEWSPOST OR SOMETHING
Cannot be done, he only shills for decline.
Grim Dawn and PoEx aren't mentioned anywhere in the survey, but there's Diablo 3. Do they really so desperately need another confirmation that people hated D3? Or are they going to judge all modern (pseudo)isometric ARPGs by that one spectacular failure?

Other notable omissions (all genres): TES (except the MMO), Deus Ex, Starcraft (do they mention any RTS at all?), Borderlands, AoD, The Banner Saga. The absence of TToN is understandable because they chose not to include any games released this year. I understand that they wanted to keep it reasonably short but come on. If you don't include entire series that have 3-5 games to date and are wildly popular, you're not going to get an accurate picture.
Yeah, the inclusion of D3, a game largely forgotten by everyone that isn't a complete Blizzfag, is extremely odd, when PoX and GD are generally far more popular among fans of the genre.

D3 was a fucking train wreck, but as far as ARPG:s go, Grim Dawn is great - especially in co-op, even with some questionable decisions by the developers, and co-op appears to be the real focus of the survey. The omission of The Elder Scrolls is similarly a bit odd, considering how incredibly big it is.

I don't think they mentioned ANY RTS:s though, so Starcraft doesn't stand out, but mentioning Dishonored 2 as an ARGP while ignoring the original Deus Ex (or even Prey, but as you said, no recent releases were included) is just a travesty.

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Ahahahaha, I'm steps ahead of Larian when it comes to Google Forms. You can vote multiple times on this thing!

Time for mass Incline voting.

The "Other" option in Gender is there so that Larian can add the funniest one as an Easter Egg.

Kitchen Utensil

What a retarded survey. I like every genre in existence, but almost all of the games they listed suck. Also, almost all of the aspects which they want us to rate by importance are important for an RPG, it's a matter of implementation. I don't see how a survey like this could produce helpful results. Also: lol@gender: other. Retards.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I don't see how a survey like this could produce helpful results. Also: lol@gender: other. Retards.
To help focus on something more important. When you want everything important to be done, you'd get Fallout 4 instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom