Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

passerby

Arcane
Of course they are. BG 1&2 EEs sold shitton, so IP owner suits are probably pleased with Beamdog's performance.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Robyn is an RPG development veteran with production credits on Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I guess for me and probably quite a few other people here using the word 'veteran' followed by that list of modern console games seems anachronistic. I haven't played any of them and don't plan to in the near future.

Whatever the case, I guess it shows that she's worked on big projects before that have actually shipped. And some of those games made money I'm sure. Whatever role she played in 'Project Management' I have no idea and she might or might not be competent.

To me it just seems weird using a term like 'veteran' and 'RPG' in that context. But then again, maybe I'm just old.

Last edited:

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Beamdog are the only monocled dev left, now that Interplay, Black Isle and Troika are dead.
shitposting.gif

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Keep in mind they also pushed their own store/solution really hard for both games, so I expect the numbers are a fair bit larger than just what steam shows.

Why would they want to do that? Is Beamdog going to become BioWare's Steam competitor?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Keep in mind they also pushed their own store/solution really hard for both games, so I expect the numbers are a fair bit larger than just what steam shows.

lol no

Why would they want to do that? Is Beamdog going to become BioWare's Steam competitor?

When Beamdog was originally founded, one of their main missions was to launch a digital game store. In fact, that's what the "Beamdog" brand name was originally for. The Enhanced Editions were developed under a different brand name, "Overhaul Games", which they've since stopped using.

The EEs started out as Beamdog store exclusives and were only released on Steam sometime later. Hard to believe they sold much there. Like many of Beamdog's early initiatives, it was crazy naive, but not as naive in ~2011 as it would be today I guess.

duanth123

Arcane
lol no

When Beamdog was originally founded, one of their main missions was to launch a digital game store. In fact, that's what the "Beamdog" brand name was originally for. The Enhanced Editions were developed under a different brand name, "Overhaul Games", which they've since stopped using.

The EEs started out as Beamdog store exclusives and were only released on Steam sometime later. Hard to believe they sold much there. Like many of Beamdog's early initiatives, it was crazy naive, but not as naive in ~2011 as it would be today I guess.

And even now there are hushed whispers that these same people are trying to make an actual game.

They've already picked cleaned a local cemetery for the raw parts.

Their diversity quota is on point.

They've the sheer brainpower behind Dragon Age 2.

All that's left is the need for a pliable news poster. Someone thirsty.

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter

My joke turns out to be real.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It sounds like dream coming true.For years i dream of a game that lets you run around killing waves of oppressed minorities and liberal pissbuckets.Now i will be able to do it with fire magic.

imweasel

We’re happy to announce Robyn Theberge has recently joined our merry band as Project Manager! Robyn is an RPG development veteran with production credits on Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Mass Effect: Andromeda.
Great. Beamdog's new game is probably going to be the best D&D faggotry simulator ever. Quasi fantasy, leftist propagandistic, Bioware style faggotry simulator.

:dgaider:

That was a warning, Beamdog. Don't fuck it up (you will).

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You'd think having DA2 and ME3 and DA:I AND ME:A on your resume would be the death of your career but apparently...

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So, we could assume they are using the 5th edition ruleset, right?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Because $$. They got a bigger piece of the pie that way.

As for how many more copies that equates to, no idea. (Not that Infinitron knows either, but hey whatever). My point is that Steam is not the whole story. Steam + own PC store + iOS and Android versions = the whole story. :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I, for one, I'm excited! We'll be getting a new game to shit on this forums, while secretly enjoying it in the dark privacy of our lonely rooms.
Nah i am sharing mine with my two nephews ,my sister and her lover.It is a good thing that everyone have their own pc.Still my corner have the most malevolent dark aura.All i need to do is to say "Igor bring me wine!" from time to time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom