Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
20108569_1523877027672490_6247479724631195987_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/LarianStud...83318.57774.154072634652943/1523877027672490/

Caption this!

Clara Germann when you at the beach and the periods surprise you

Also they are going to PAX West (at Seattle):

PAX West is coming! Team Larian is looking for volunteers to join us out at PAX West! We'll be there on 1st - 4th of September, so if you're going to be in the area and you want a behind-the-scenes look at one of the biggest gaming conventions around then this is your chance! If you'd like to be part of Team Larian, let us know at

https://goo.gl/forms/Suo7KZu7Mc43pC462

The release date for Divinity: Original Sin 2 of September 14th is fast approaching! The next few months will be crazy for us, and we're excited to say we'll be at PAX West (Sep 1st-4th) two weeks before release! We’ll be showcasing Divinity: Original Sin 2’s in its full pre-release glory to Divinity fans, RPG fans, and- well, any other fans we can get our hands on! (Never mind their boyfriends, girlfriends, best friends, minor acquaintances, parents, children, and Nick the Janitor if we get a chance.)

bataille

Arcane
Yeah, that was exactly my major: linguist-translator. It was language practice, theory of translation and different linguistic disciplines. It's probably been phrased this way to target a certain type of student and weed out practicing translators. Gotta find that hungry and desperate monkey, you know.

Fry

Arcane
Not a ton of info about the game, but a pretty good interview with Kevin VanOrd...

PirateScum

Augur
Those who played alpha/beta/early access, how's the music made by that Borislav guy. I've been listening to Divine Divinity and Divinity 2 OSTs non-stop while working, lately and I can't imagine a Divinity without Kirill P(r)okrovsky. :negative:

deama

Prophet
Those who played alpha/beta/early access, how's the music made by that Borislav guy. I've been listening to Divine Divinity and Divinity 2 OSTs non-stop while working, lately and I can't imagine a Divinity without Kirill P(r)okrovsky. :negative:
I've played an early access version early this year, music is generic I would say, it's not bad, not good, and I don't really remember it much.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I've played an early access version early this year, music is generic I would say, it's not bad, not good, and I don't really remember it much.

It does the job though, but it isn't the kind of stuff you would listen to outside the game.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

It does the job though, but it isn't the kind of stuff you would listen to outside the game.
Yeah, those violins from DOS still haunt me to this day.

Squeek* Squeek* Squeeeeeek*

I think the D:OS soundtrack is overrated.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1947157

Kickstarter Update #41 - But Wait, There’s More!

It started with hints, but the hints have turned to full on grumbling. Your companions want to know how much longer this will take.

“Patience! These things take time!” You murmur, absorbed in your work. Actually, the truth is that you could have left hours ago. You’ve crafted enough runes and skill books to fund an army. But you can’t stop. Your curiosity won’t let you. You have to keep experimenting.

What happens if you combine Necromancy with Water? Or Polymorph with Fire? You must know.

Suddenly, you hear your group cry out. It’s an ambush! You feel a thrill of panic before certainty settles over you like a mantle.

“We’ve got this,” you say calmly as you stand up and prepare your spell, your new armor and weapon runes glinting in the sunlight.

Your companions look at you in confusion and awe as you raise your hands and shout --

Welcome to Kickstarter Update #41!

We have so much to talk about today! We’re excited to show you a few things we’ve been working on, some that we’ve mentioned already and some that we have not! In this update we’re talking crafting, spirit talk, controllers, split screens and more!

So let’s see what Swen is up to:

Take Control… ler!
Good news everyone! Divinity: Original Sin 2 will have controller support for PC on release! And for those who have been asking, yes, DOS2 does support split screen play with controller support. So you can play co-op with your best friend, fiance, your grandma, your pet chihuahua: you name it! Okay maybe not the chihuahua. They can get bitey. In addition, you can use controllers and split screen to go one step further to play a four player game on two connected PC’s.

c7deabefd656b018fca5d4038b0bcf6b_original.jpg

Got Skillz?

Now you can create new skills using our Skill Crafting mechanism! As an example below, we can combine a necromancy and fire spell to get a completely new and powerful ability; Corpse Explosion!

6cf11faa1162627bbbcb5302816a810e_original.png

Simply combine any elemental book with any non-elemental book to gain a new skill. Experiment away!

As you most certainly know in addition to these skills, your character will also have Source Skills. You can use the power of your Source Skill to talk to spirits (via Source Vision) or even suck the power out of them (via Source Vampirism). You can also power up your Source through items of power or Source pools.

Rune It!

e06f5c84262f0c7bdd6eb9e114bf666b_original.png

In addition to Skill Crafting, we are also introducing Rune Crafting! Players can find or craft runes to improve weapons and gear. For example, if you combine Pixie Dust, Wood and Oil you'll create a Small Flame Rune! You can then enchant items with available Rune Slots to give the item additional effects. In this example, we'll be adding +10% damage as Fire damage to our Magical Composite Bow.

2f008618e96864da72f087e5e75b9be4_original.jpg

You’ll be able to find and create small, medium and large runes, and identical runes can be combined to create stronger runes!

Beautiful Death

Witnessing your character’s death throes is now 50% more fun with the addition of ragdoll physics and better death animation! Did your character catch fire? Instead of a pile of ash, now they’re be a pile of scorched bone! Were they on a hill when they died? Now physics will take over and send them on a death spiral! You’re welcome.

685b7641803947f76772df404278f1eb_original.gif

PAX West Volunteers Needed!
We’re on the hunt for passionate fans to join us at PAX West! We'll be there on 1st - 4th of September, so if you're going to be in the area and you want a behind-the-scenes look at one of the biggest gaming conventions around then this is your chance! Click here for more information and to sign up! And even if you are not able to attend as a volunteer, be sure to drop by at our booth on Level 6! We are showing a lot of new things!

16634347b5ac22ef37b0259f61e022af_original.jpg

2578e8302aa775e100c2168d009f0db5_original.jpg

But What About…

We know you still have many questions! We’ll have another Kickstarter update to discuss the Collector’s Edition, hoodies, and tees, as well as, maybe, possibly, some information about the Undead.

d06311017466a06345b1530658781591_original.png

However, we won’t be able to to release another patch before release. Creating patches takes a lot of time and effort from the development team and we decided it is best to focus our energy on ensuring the game is in great shape when September 14th comes. Trust us - it will be worth the wait. There’s plenty of surprises still! But we still have a bit of work on them.

Also Important...

The deadline for submitting your details for all your Kickstarter rewards has ended, but we are still accepting last changes. If you haven't done so already, we need you to fill in your delivery details as soon as possible - otherwise we will not be able to deliver your backer rewards to you.

9541157fc662fe38f4eb93bd951b40da_original.png

If you picked the “Portrait of a Fan” reward, we need that image right away in order to put your likeness into the game. Also, if you were hoping to receive a Missive from the Wizard, you’ll need to fill out what subject you want the Wizard to write about! We also need everyone to fill out their delivery address for any physical rewards, such as the Collector’s Edition or the Hoodie.

Looking over the new and adjusted entries on Larianvault.com, we can see that a lot of you responded to our latest update so thank you.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of entries that ONLY list the name and country of residence. So please login to the Larian Vault and check that you have given us all your details.

How do you give us your info? Simply follow these steps:

1. Create an account at/log in to the Larian Vault.

2. Once logged in, click on the D:OS2 Kickstarter link in the top menu. If you haven’t linked Larian Vault to your Kickstarter account, you’ll be prompted to do so.

3. Once your accounts are linked, click on the menu item "Your Choices & Input". In the list of rewards, complete all boxes and choices that are available and required.

Need help?

To check if you already have an account on Larian Vault, please search your email inbox for an email sent by larianshop@larian.com.

Alternatively, if you forgot your password for the Larian Vault, or you don't know what email address you have used to register on the Larian Vault before, please go to this here and fill in your email address:

That’s it. Thank you for taking the time to do this and once again, thank you for backing!

Shout Out!
d7ef8ca582225f34485e917aeb2424c3_original.jpg

But before you go, we have to give a shout to Supergiant Games, who just released their third (and biggest!) game, Pyre, on Steam! Pyre is a gorgeous-looking party-based RPG in which you lead a band of exiles to freedom through competitions in the Downside. They also have a Versus Mode so be sure to give it a look!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man I love Larian. They are awesome. I was expecting them to put the controller/split-screen later but they deliver again. Woohoo!!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can we start bitching about controller support and consolized UI?

I believe the UI remains the same as Early Access unless you connect a controller.

Sarcasm. Controller support was in the first game and was obviously going to be in the sequel.
Only in the EE to be honest but yeah. And actually it was really good which I certainly didn't expect, it being a TB iso RPG and all

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom