Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

ArchAngel

Arcane
I can agree about the Goblin Shaman.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
With the exception of Voghiln, Rasaad and Neera, none of them are straight lolololol. I've always found it funny, in the context of Beamdog, that Hexxat is a LESBIAN VAMPIRE lol lol.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
M'Khiin had a couple of good lines; one of them I definitely got giggle out of: her reaction when you gut Belben.

Google "Shawne Beamdog Dorn Hexxat" for some decent companion analysis (that guy's banned now for something unrelated...)

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
M'Khiin had a couple of good lines; one of them I definitely got giggle out of: her reaction when you gut Belben.

Google "Shawne Beamdog Dorn Hexxat" for some decent companion analysis (that guy's banned now for something unrelated...)

Any specific thread you're referring to? I cant seem to find what you refer to with those search words.

Delterius

Arcane
When I played BG:EE and got to the part where you 'really' meet Dorn, I went back and killed him in the Friendly Arm Inn. Neera is passable and Rasaad is almost quirky NPC level.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/07/beamdog-welcomes-two-new-hires.html

Beamdog Welcomes Two New Hires!
Lee Guille

Big things are in the works at Beamdog and we’re staffing up to help make them happen! This month we have two new people joining the team!

We’re happy to announce Robyn Theberge has recently joined our merry band as Project Manager! Robyn is an RPG development veteran with production credits on Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Mass Effect: Andromeda. She'll be driving planning and project tracking for the studio to bring as much new and exciting content to our fans as possible. Welcome Robyn!

Boyd McKenzie is our new Lead Artist. He's previously worked on games such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Battlefield, Ghostbusters, and Dawn of War to name a few. In his spare time, he's a pretty hardcore gamer, loves photography, and listens to British radio. Talent aside (and talk about talent! Check out some of Boyd’s work here), It’s Boyd’s passion for RPGs that helps make him a great fit at Beamdog! We can't wait to see what he creates for the future! Welcome Boyd!

We’re hiring! Come work with Robyn, Boyd, and the rest of the fine folk at Beamdog!

Join us as a:
Producer
Web Developer
DevOps Engineer

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Mass Effect: Andromeda

ABORT, ABORT! UNHIRE NOW!

To be fair, were the issues with any of those games due to project management or issues with the producers?

Dragon age 2 - Retarded publisher meddling leading to a thousand problems.
Mass effect 3 - retarded decisions by lead writer and project director.
Dragon age inquisition - Bad narrative structure, writing and an ill thought out open world.
Mass effect Andromeda - Inexperienced team, mainly in animation and writing. Possibly issues with incompetent project management but hard to tell.

None of the games are good and DA2+Andromeda are just embarrassing but probably not due to issues with mid level project management/producing.

I mean it's not a reassuring lineup to have on ones resumé but I'm not sure it's damning for mid level producer/pm to have been part of those productions, the issues mostly lie elsewhere.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,468771/

Production
Mass Effect: Andromeda (2017) (Development Managers)
Mass Effect 3: Citadel (2013) (Project Managers)
Mass Effect 3: Reckoning Multiplayer Expansion (2013) (Project Managers)
Mass Effect 3 (2012) (Project Managers)
Mass Effect 3: Earth Multiplayer Expansion (2012) (Project Managers)
Mass Effect 3: Leviathan (2012) (Project Manager)
Mass Effect 3 (N7 Collector's Edition) (2012) (Project Managers)
Mass Effect 3: Omega (2012) (Project Managers)
Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Multiplayer Expansion (2012) (Project Managers)
Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Multiplayer Expansion (2012) (Project Managers)
Mass Effect 3: Retaliation Multiplayer Expansion (2012) (Project Managers)
Dragon Age II (2011) (Producers / Project Managers)
Dragon Age II (BioWare Signature Edition) (2011) (Producers)
Dragon Age II: The Black Emporium (2011) (Producers)
Dragon Age II: The Exiled Prince (2011) (Producers)

Audio
Dragon Age: Inquisition (2014) (Voice-Over Development Manager)

"Development Manager" on ME:A is definitely not a highlight of anybody's CV

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Mass Effect: Andromeda

ABORT, ABORT! UNHIRE NOW!

To be fair, were the issues with any of those games due to project management or issues with the producers?

Dragon age 2 - Retarded publisher meddling leading to a thousand problems.
Mass effect 3 - retarded decisions by lead writer and project director.
Dragon age inquisition - Bad narrative structure, writing and an ill thought out open world.
Mass effect Andromeda - Inexperienced team, mainly in animation and writing. Possibly issues with incompetent project management but hard to tell.

None of the games are good and DA2+Andromeda are just embarrassing but probably not due to issues with mid level project management/producing.

I mean it's not a reassuring lineup to have on ones resumé but I'm not sure it's damning for mid level producer/pm to have been part of those productions, the issues mostly lie elsewhere.
It's hard to say because the "project manager" role is so ill defined. PM could be a leadership position charged with making sure that everyone on the team knows what they need to do an are successfully completing their tasks, and to deal with any organisational problems or other issues that keeps the team from performing. Or the PM could simply be the girl who is making sure that everyone hands in their time sheet every Friday.

Varvarg

Educated
Well, I doubt the lowly wage slaves have anything to say about the actual game design on the big companies. The poor fuckers try to do their job while SJW consultants whine about "problematic" story elements, and board members want ez money for sniffing cocain out of tranny ass.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Beamdog is where Bioware SJW shit-tier devs/producers go to die. :salute:

Perhaps beside the point but were the worst offenders during the development of the EEs and Dragonspear previous Bioware employees or just some other randos?

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm lying in bed unable to sleep and I've been hit by a nightmare: is there any chance that Beamdog is trying to make Baldurs Gate III?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom