Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
There are two brilliant reasons to at least play The Bard's Tale.

The first one is the wonderful voice acting from Cary Ewles and Tony Jay.

The second is the soundtrack.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Discovering that this:

...was actually unbeatable has been my most
giphy.webp
+ :argh: moment ever. I wasted my childhood on that thing.

I think Bloodwych was also unbeatable on C64 due bugs.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Wtf they're releasing Fire Pro Wrestling on STEAM.

This game on Gameboy was my life when I was a kiddo.

I...

I larped it. On a forum of wrestling nerds. We had storylines and everything. It's actually where I did most of my early writing. I used to simulate matches in the dull reflection of a 1am lamplight to make my fighters as 'entertaining' as possible. Steam just dumped a load of nostalgia on me. Do I buy it... or let the memories stay where they are? That's the question now.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Steam just dumped a load of nostalgia on me. Do I buy it... or let the memories stay where they are? That's the question now.

Reminds me of an Attack of the Show episode... maybe it wasn't AOTS. Was there some other funny video game news show around that same era? Anyway, the punchline was something like "Don't go back and replay it. You remember Final Fantasy X looked amazing, but what you don't realize now is that it looked like butts and ass."

But whatever. You can replay it if you want. I bought Darklands again for like $1 during a Steam sale and I really enjoyed it.

Max Stats

Liturgist
Wtf they're releasing Fire Pro Wrestling on STEAM.

This game on Gameboy was my life when I was a kiddo.

I...

I larped it. On a forum of wrestling nerds. We had storylines and everything. It's actually where I did most of my early writing. I used to simulate matches in the dull reflection of a 1am lamplight to make my fighters as 'entertaining' as possible. Steam just dumped a load of nostalgia on me. Do I buy it... or let the memories stay where they are? That's the question now.

Firepro on Gameboy was okay, but you really need it on SNES (well SFC), Saturn, Dreamcast, or PS2. I probably spent more time printing out wrestler templates and entering them in to 6men Scramble than playing, and I played a LOT of 6MS.

Was there some other funny video game news show around that same era?

Sound more like something Adam Sessler would say on XPlay

sser

Arcane
Developer
Steam just dumped a load of nostalgia on me. Do I buy it... or let the memories stay where they are? That's the question now.

Reminds me of an Attack of the Show episode... maybe it wasn't AOTS. Was there some other funny video game news show around that same era? Anyway, the punchline was something like "Don't go back and replay it. You remember Final Fantasy X looked amazing, but what you don't realize now is that it looked like butts and ass."

But whatever. You can replay it if you want. I bought Darklands again for like $1 during a Steam sale and I really enjoyed it.

I mean graphically the game is more or less what it is. The gameplay is extremely tight, though, and from a simulationist standpoint the game is simply ace.

It also has one of the best character creators of all time.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's not often I even post something related to VR titles, but here's a game that actually makes me want to try out some VR:

I advise caution before viewing this video, this game gets really trippy and goes really fast. Basically it's a shoot'em-up citing influences from Afterburner, Space Harrier and S.T.U.N. Runner.

If the name of the game sounds familiar, then you've heard of the urban legend of an "alleged" 1981 arcade game that was supposed to have been a psychology experiment run by the U.S. government before suddenly vanishing into thin air. It has inspired a few games and pop culture references through the years.

This Polybius game, however, deserves another mention because it's made by none other than Jeff Minter of Llamasoft, whom states that the goal of the game was to get players "into the zone", leading to some people considering the game to be some kind of bizarre meditation rather than a fragfest. No llamas have been spotted in the game so far, but it does have bulls.

It's out for PS4/PS VR now, and a PC version is currently in development.

lightbane

Arcane
While I was looking for info about Butcher's 3 new levels and new demo, I stumbled upon something...

NSFW WARNING:

Not enough for you? Well then, there's also a remake of this, which may never come out, but still...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom