Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Trolls, shitposters, and other previously banned users, READ THIS"

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Call it "Operation Alt Amnesty". Instead of allowing the shitposters to engage in an endless masquerade, this would take them out of the shadows and make them clearly identifiable to all. Once you put them on your ignore list, they'd stay there. They wouldn't get to shed all of their richly-deserved tags every time they got banned.

So that's what this is really about. You want a job enforcing speech codes on Facebook and Twitter.

Ignore lists are for pussies and are a threat to our democracy, because if words can't fly freely bullets will. These alt-people are performing an important service. They are delaying WW3.

Interesting thing I just noticed. All the medals here are punishments. How about medals for doing good things? Like not ignoring everyone that irritates you.

A horse of course

I want a medal. It should say "DarkUnderlord's Best Friend :^)"

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
The strangest move I saw was when they made new users wait a year to get access to the political area. The political area is meant to be the garbage bin of the codex. If you prevent these alts from posting in there, of course they will spill all over the codex.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
the dex is today is a complete and utter nonironic trashpile that is no different from other random shitholes on the interwebs
and since i am a designated shitposter, i lub it :lol:

there is zero communication going on
youd be hard pressed to find quotes
one liners and buttons
and shilling

there are no interesting posters here, all dead, left, or inactive
only one liners and buttons and countless faceless newfags
and shilling

there are no good games here
only mmos and weaboos and running simulators
and obshitians pillars of eternity 2 OUT NOW BUY BUY BUY :lol:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, we need admin buy-in to do this anyway and DU doesn't seem very enthusiastic. These guys aren't going to take it seriously if I start telling them they need to reveal their original account names or get banned.

If I were DU, I would create a Site Feedback thread with a title like "PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Trolls, shitposters, and other previously banned users, READ THIS". Then make an offer to restore anybody's banned original account so long as they can prove it's theirs, with a commitment to no more permanent bans. Also, no more permanent posting limitations for users like Makabb who have created alts to circumvent them.

Then at the very end, add something like "Note: We reserve the right to ban any non-original alt accounts from this moment forth." Give them a week or so and then ban anybody who hasn't cooperated, and keep banning them if they come back until they do.
Basically this.

The Jews were asked to self identify.

Is that ur inspiration Infinitron?

Multiple Sarcasm shouldn't be hostile to the concept of avatars buddy, here imagine if this was your avatar

sehaakurfemale.png

your posts, and arguably ratings, would work on more than just a superficial level imo

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
I'm not technically banned but the restoration of my main will enlarge my e penis considerably

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Yeah, I guess, if DU feels like doing anything about it.
Uh... my alt is older than most posters on the cuckdex nowadays.

Can I get my Glyphwright account back? Let's just assume that was the original one. :) I really don't want to go back to being liberal. :negative:

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Actually, I don't have access to liberal account's email, so please don't revert me to that one.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Interesting thing I just noticed. All the medals here are punishments. How about medals for doing good things? Like not ignoring everyone that irritates you.

Is that a request for a "Virgin of the Codex"-tag, like that "Virgin of the Wastelands"-perk from Fallout 2 (and possibly later, inferior Fallout games)?

As for DU's proclamation, I'm all for it. It gives penitent shitposters a chance to redeem themselves, and showing the Codex staff to be capable of mercy.

Then, once the deadline ends and DU goes all Outback Nazi on them (G'tag!) no one can complain about being treated unfairly.

Meanwhile, I can post this video with glee:

pippin

(and possibly later, inferior Fallout games)?

There's no "virgin" element in 3 or NV.
In NV it kinda makes sense since your character is meant to be a 30 something, and works close to Vegas. But in FO3, your only friend is a girl. And then you're thrown out to the world.

Infinitron how about the more complex cases like Cool name who used to be Agassi before asking for a cool name after which DU renamed him Cool Name but whose original account strictly speaking isn't Agassi I think which was an alt of Black Cat who was an alt of Lund who gifted the account either to a friend of his or himself, what do you do in this case?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom