Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #37: Josh Sawyer Social Media Feature Compilation #2

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: J.E. Sawyer; Katrina Garsten; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Obsidian promised there would be another Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Fig update in mid-July and they've delivered. It's another compilation video of the various new features that Josh Sawyer has teased on his social media feeds over the past month. Highlights include spell effects that become transparent when you pause the game, birds that fly or walk on the ground depending on the distance they need to travel, and my personal favorite, beer-chugging flamethrower ogres. Katrina Garsten once again presents, although not without unexpected intrusions:

As stated in the previous update, Josh will be on Obsidian's Twitch channel tomorrow at 16:00 PST to answer questions, joined by lead character artist Dimitri Berman. Deadfire's next Fig update will be in a few weeks and will offer an in-depth look at the game's main city, Neketaka.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Shitty update about eye-candy. I guess "flail physics" and "our ogres drink alcohol" are PoE's selling point nowadays, since the whole franchise is a failure design-wise. Oh, and explosions. Don't forget explosions.

Bonerbill

Augur
Why people are still giving attention to this troll?

If you don't like his trolling, then just ignore him. I'm for one glad that RPGcodex allows this fag to speak freely because I find him kind of amusing. Without the trolls, this place would be boring AF.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
such an elegant flail! so balanced
this game is gonna be a future cult classic!
i am gonna buy a pc when this comes out
fo sure
ps i freaking love the cute bird companion
+M

Darkzone

Arcane
Just saying: I have not backed this, so basically i should not speak about POE2, but in my opinion none of this things are impressive. The russian P:KM is from current capabilities the better choice.

BilboBaggins

Educated
such an elegant flail! so balanced
this game is gonna be a future cult classic!
i am gonna buy a pc when this comes out
fo sure
ps i freaking love the cute bird companion
+M

I'm just glad it wasn't going to hop around all game per previous videos. Too bad it couldn't just rest on the companions shoulder or arm though but I guess that would be a nightmare to animate?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron have they announced a time for when Josh is gonna be on their twitch channel?

Yes, it's in the update:

And don't forget that Josh will be joined by Lead Character Artist, Dimitri Berman, tomorrow afternoon, July 12th, on our Twitch channel for another Deadfire Q&A Stream at 4:00PM PST/1:00AM CEST. Let us knowyour questions, and we'll try to get to all of them during the stream. If you miss the stream, we'll get it up on our YouTube channel within 48 hours of it airing.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
none of these things are impressive.

They have nothing else to show.

Having no desire to fix notoriously bad systems and core gameplay it has come down to populist garbage such as flails and parrots, by which they easily manipulate low-standard hipsters.

Halfway through the video, they are literally bragging about how one of the companion's pets (a bird) will hop around when out of combat (?)

They are such bums, its hilarious to watch these updates. That being said, please update more of them :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom