Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Pathfinder: Kingmaker Codex Fundraiser - Better Late Than Never

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Chris Avellone and some crazy Russians are colluding collaborating to develop Pathfinder: Kingmaker, the world's first Pathfinder CRPG, and as usual the Codex has decided to get involved. Yes, we're starting this a day before the end of the Kickstarter campaign. Hey, I'm new to this shit. Our fundraiser is already off to a good start, though. Here's what we stand to get:

$750 - Create an Item
$1,000 - Create Party Banter
$1,500 - Create a Spell
$1,750 - Create a Book
$2,000 - Create a Creature
$2,500 - Create an NPC's Face
$3,000 - Create a Statue
$4,000 - Create a Quest
$5,000 - Create a Building or NPC
$7,500 - Create a Secret Lair
$10,000 - Moscow Golden Shower Party
The possibilities are endless! But wait, you ask, what's in this for me? The answer is "everything"! The generous folks at Owlcat have agreed to grant our donors exactly what they would have gotten for an equal-sized Kickstarter pledge. That means:

$28 - Digital Download
$40 - Premium Digital Download
$55 - Boxed Edition
$95 - Early Access
And numerous additional tiers which you can read about on the Kickstarter page. The great thing is Owlcat have also promised to provide donors with accounts on their backer portal, which means you'll have complete control over your pledge and won't have to bug us for your keys when the game comes out. What's not to like?

Donate now, and let's make the Stolen Lands great again. The fundraiser will run for a month, until August 10th.

PrettyDeadman

The great thing is, Owlcat have also promised to provide donors with accounts on their backer portal, which means you'll have complete control over your pledge and won't have to bug us for your keys when the game comes out.

That's really important, since the most prestigious award of them all - ability to buy yourself a position of unpaid alpha-tester is only available through their backer portal as a 10 dollar addon for backers qualified to recieve a beta key (95 dollar + tier donators);.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Although I didn't explicitly ask, my guess is that Owlcat would give us add-ons through this fundraiser as well.

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I'm on the fence here, there are many things that I like but there are also things that should be deal-breakers like RTwP combat, romances and LGBT content. Plus from what I've seen there isn't that much variety there (e.g. we're fighting mostly trolls), although it's hard to tell from the 1.5 h alpha stream. On the other hand it still looks way better than PoE 2 and many of these guys were working on Evil Islands (and there's MCA too). Tough decision.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Any reason why I should back this game ? Despite the setting and Chris Avelonne, this is an unknown developer. This could very well be another Sword Coast Legends.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Any reason why I should back this game ? Despite the setting and Chris Avelonne, this is an unknown developer. This could very well be another Sword Coast Legends.

It's definitely not a Sword Coast Legends. Here's two hours of gameplay to help you decide:

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I'm on the fence here, there are many things that I like but there are also things that should be deal-breakers like RTwP combat, romances and LGBT content. Plus from what I've seen there isn't that much variety there (e.g. we're fighting mostly trolls), although it's hard to tell from the 1.5 h alpha stream. On the other hand it still looks way better than PoE 2 and many of these guys were working on Evil Islands (and there's MCA too). Tough decision.

The game is supposed to have over 100 different monster types. Now that they are raising a nice chunk of money obviously they'll be adding more of everything (magic items, spells, monsters) and so on.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
The game is supposed to have over 100 different monster types.
Dungeon Siege was supposed to have too and it turned out that monsters were basically the same and differed in skin only. So I'm afraid that something similar will be here and we'll see green lowland trolls, white mountain trolls, black geyser trolls, blue river trolls, etc.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I am some kind of sucker for codex fundraisers, and my top advisor assures me pathfinder chargen is even betterer than 3.5.

Mayhap I should pledge to this. That rtwp though, and the art style :/

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Oh, one more thing: I already backed the game in the Kickstarter, too. So, I can give my key to the Codex, if you guys want it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Video is only a few quests and areas from Chapter 2. Game will have 6 chapters and an additional adventure that will deal with consequences of the main story that you will finish in those 6 chapters. That additional adventure will take you to lvl 20. It is 100% sure you will get to fight varied enemies.

deuxhero

Arcane
I don't recall a lot of trolls in the original module. Big ones I recall are animals, a kobold clan (that you absorb into your empire instead of fighting if you play your cards right), various fey, an undead tomb, lots of humans (bandits, soldiers) and some aquatic threat I forget.

4too

Arcane
I Don't Care AND I Don't Care That I Don't Care.

ROOOSKIES!!!???? "n" 'MER-ICAN-S!!!?? Like ALIENZ AND COWBOYZ!!!!

Any ALT RIGHT (SPY FINANCED) Russian wanna bee-z, hilarious how all the ALt Right Echo Chambers smell of spy's and Russian fellow travelors, traitors all, please fund your slavic masters or Cambridge/NSA/CIA Think Tanks and their corporate whores, with your own Das Capital!

I choose not. Kickstarter-z (4 Putan's Spys) NEVERMORE! :lol: More fun surfing the cyber hookers @ MFC.

Would rather have a meth addict Mississipppi NRA Stars and Bars Battle Flag RAVING deplorable ethnic AMERICAN as the Pimp of the week than another Putan corpoarate shill.

Americans, let's keep our lords and masters local ... at least they speak infantile english ... long may they/we wave their/our GUNS and Bibles ! :salute:

OR!

Or am I confusing one media's Russians with another, MIXED MEDIA? OH-NO! :oops:

Maybe I am projecting the wrong POLITICS ... _Alt Right_ thank you 4 exposing the hubris / hypocrasy / horse sh-t of our CORPORATE DEMOCRAT ELITES ... they pissed on Mid West trade Unions and lost a chance At a supreme court pick. :lol:

Short answer, (what was the question?), Corporate Elites BE Corporate Elites, why finance losers! ;)

4too

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Why are you always giving money to big and successful projects like this one instead of backing smaller and more deserving ones, that would benefit way more from the kind of pocket change the codex is able to gather?

Raise some money to help VD, Styx, the KotC guy, or whoever else. Even helping smaller and unproven developers (like the Demiurgos guys) would make more sense, and I'm sure they would appreciate it more.

jungl

Augur
probably because end of the day this game has a team assembled so you know the game will actually be developed. Indie developers one man teams are not as reliable. There is less sense of responsibility or management making sure shit gets done and everyone pulls their weight. Look at cleve blackmore or whatever 23 years in development! very LOL funny rumors people starting to believe that he not even real now and that its a troll trolling everyone for years now. Besides the head of the pathfinder game dude that was the level designer in evil islands. I'm sure they will get their shit done in time and at least produce a game of baldurs gate tier quality. Whens the mast time we had a FUN computer DnD game? Decade or more in time.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
On the other hand it still looks way better than PoE 2.

Despite everything there are clear indications this game will dwarf PoE. A functionally proven ruleset is saying enough. Plus I haven't noticed accessibility oriented mechanics such as Endurance or per-encounter garbage - at least not any which affect core gameplay in a significant way.

Still RTwP but meh. If it is round based it's not a deal breaker. And personally I can live with LGTB characters. I will enjoy butchering them.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And personally I can live with LGTB characters. I will enjoy butchering them.
You know, butchering someone makes living with them quite hard.

If I back this, it'll be for the forum badge only. I hope they are beautiful.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Will we be able to go back to previously visited locations? The story is split into chapters and after leaving a location we will loot every item that we've encountered so I'm not sure how to interpret it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Plus I haven't noticed accessibility oriented mechanics such as per-encounter garbage

That's right, if it's a faithful Pathfinder implementation it won't have per-encounter abilities, only a bunch of at-will abilities (usable infinite times per-encounter) :cool:

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
That's another reason the game should have been made in literally any other engine but Unity: No mod support, which means none of the vastly superior third party class options.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom