Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

PrettyDeadman

..? Just a link to the fundraiser and a description, I mean?
RPG Codex copywriters must first write a text of appropriate quality, when it gets approved by RPG Codex corporates, only then it gets posted.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just heard about this, should I care?

RTwP, as close adaption to Pathfinder (D&D 3.75) rules as possible, MCA writing, Golarion setting (banalshitboring), combat so far looks (no way to tell really) like IE games, but animation speed slowed down. Novelty mechanic is that you have your own kingdom to manage. Developer are dubious ruskies, but the leads have their P&P merits in order.

Depending on what that means for you, maybe?

Quantomas

Savant
Hmm, Obsidian's latest Deadfire update today didn't do a shout out to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. :roll: As if they fear rivalry for the genre they love.

Quantomas

Savant
Another stream of the demo done by mmorpg.com and nicely commented: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpanIlrLqM0

And not to forget, the latest and possibly last KS update before the campaign ends shows some excellent character art. Maybe something to look at for the Codexers who disavowed the art previously.

Last edited:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Hmm, Obsidian's latest Deadfire update today didn't do a shout out to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. :roll: As if they fear rivalry for the genre they love.
I remember hearing something about Mail.ru kicking Obsidian out from their tank MMO now when they are no longer useful, just like Ubisoft did with South Park. Probably butthurt about that.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
The equipment's design is realistic and functional

Wayne Reynolds' designs are realistic and well thought-through, which is represented in class-specific details such as adventurer belts that other gear is attached to.
:retarded:

There's a holding bag or a sheath for everything

Yes, all weapons and combat items come with scabbards or sheaths, all consumables, be it potions or crossbow bolts, have their own pouches and cases that can be attached to the belt.
:bounce:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The 900k are well within reach, if not on KS then after the campaign. I don't like Pathfinder but their campaign and offering turned out quite solid.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I love how the combat is slow and methodical so that you can actually keep track of what the hell is going on and react. Love it.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Not like we are going to reach it but I am pretty sure the next goal after 1 million is the HellKnight prestige class which would be interesting. I wonder if they would keep killing a devil in front of a Hellknight entry requirement.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I think they said there were two prestige classes already in. I would have to look back and check though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom