Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Trolls, shitposters, and other previously banned users, READ THIS"

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Well, we need admin buy-in to do this anyway and DU doesn't seem very enthusiastic. These guys aren't going to take it seriously if I start telling them they need to reveal their original account names or get banned.

If I were DU, I would create a Site Feedback thread with a title like "PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Trolls, shitposters, and other previously banned users, READ THIS". Then make an offer to restore anybody's banned original account so long as they can prove it's theirs, with a commitment to no more permanent bans. Also, no more permanent posting limitations for users like Makabb who have created alts to circumvent them.

Then at the very end, add something like "Note: We reserve the right to ban any non-original alt accounts from this moment forth." Give them a week or so and then ban anybody who hasn't cooperated, and keep banning them if they come back until they do.
Basically this.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I think the terms troll and shitposter should be banned permanently. They make no sense and can be applied to anyone with a brain and usually is and often by the very stupid and very young.

why not just automatically append a roman numeral to an alt's original account, e.g. YES! becomes Roqua II and his next alt NO? becomes Roqua III then Inf's ocd is satisfied because he knows who is who.

Also people should be forced to have avatars imo maybe give them an initial randomized one, though this might need its own thread.

Weasel
When it comes to alts, I've always gone by this passage in the Old Testament:

Having an alt that you use from time to time is all fine and well (plenty of you do it) but interacting with each other, and bringing it to the sheer extent of having a ridiculous number of alts, most of them posting "crap" - and particularly when you've been banned in the past - is a very big line in the sand to cross. There's a difference between bringing out an alt from time to time (Wyrmlord III) - versus having multiple alts on the go at once, interacting with each other.

DramaticPopcorn

days-without-jewish-tricks.jpg

A free white man should have the right to have alts. Women should be restricted to a single alt tho.

we're just talking about successor "alts" tho, where the same poster switches to a new account with the exact same posting style confusing people left and right, not proper simultaneous alts where a true posting artist can give this separate account its own character and je ne sais quoi.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Might as well give you guys the original post, since I talked about this in Shoutbox previously anyway:

DarkUnderlord OK, so there a number of shitposters on the Codex who keep getting banned and coming back with new alts. Neckbeard Shitlord (currently Wehraboo), Orgasm/Black Bart Charlie (currently Janise), possibly others.

I understand the implicit rational behind the way we're dealing with these posters right now. You don't really want to permaban people from the Codex, so the idea is that if we ban them and let them create new accounts, they might improve their behavior when they get the opportunity to start over a with a clean slate.

Well, these guys aren't improving. They just keep doing the same shit again and again. Banning them is actually serving their shitposting agenda by confusing people with the endless parade of alts. And re-identifying them each time is getting pretty boring. It's not a sustainable strategy.

I propose a different strategy. I say we force all of these shitposters to return to their earliest verifiable* accounts. From that moment on, we should:

1) Only issue temporary (1-2 week) bans, not permabans, except perhaps in the most heinous cases.
2) Nuke or permaban all shitposter alts on sight.

Call it "Operation Alt Amnesty". Instead of allowing the shitposters to engage in an endless masquerade, this would take them out of the shadows and make them clearly identifiable to all. Once you put them on your ignore list, they'd stay there. They wouldn't get to shed all of their richly-deserved tags every time they got banned.

It wouldn't have to be exclusive to shitposters, either. You could offer everybody a chance to return to their original accounts, like Daedalos/Mengsk for instance. It could create all sorts of drama and surprises. I don't think we know what Neckbeard Shitlord's original Codex account actually is. Could it be the individual known as "Bryce"?

*That means the earliest account that they can prove they have access to its email address, I guess. Or maybe you could look at their IP addresses. We wouldn't want to give out oldfag accounts to shitposters purely on their say-so.

Unwanted

Janise

Unwanted
my god are kikes retarded :lol: they keep approving 5 typical moronic dexer posts
and then cry for mommy when tired of being abused garbagemen :lol:

but this isnt it
the kike knows about the proxy wars, ze alt problem, but he writes a tldr anyway, not mentioning what it wants...
the kike is trying to subvert the admins in a grab for power
banning power

make the dex pay to post, bury it already, there is nothing of value here

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom