Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The average contribution ($50) is between Bard's Tale IV ($45) and PoE ($55). Also higher than WL2 ($47) but lower than TToN ($57) and of course Pathfinder Online ($125).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Going to bed. Don't forget to watch the gameplay livestream at 9 PM PDT, Amerikwans: https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames

Seriously though, why the fuck are Russians doing livestreams in the middle of the night? Even American Kickstarters usually get this right. From the timing of recent Kickstarter updates I'm guessing some of these guys are in California now.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Going to bed. Don't forget to watch the gameplay livestream at 9 PM PDT, Amerikwans: https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames

Seriously though, why the fuck are Russians doing livestreams in the middle of the night? Even American Kickstarters usually get this right. From the timing of recent Kickstarter updates I'm guessing some of these guys are in California now.
but AI dont need go to bed!

Quillon

Arcane

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:rpgcodex:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/1933842

The final 24 hours! Are you ready to join us on Twitch?
Posted by Oleg

Dear Pathfinders,

24 hours to go!!!
The last 2 days brought us a lot of good news. Thanks to your tremendous contributions, we have unlocked the extra story chapter! And it seems we are unstoppably moving forward towards the next goal - Archetypes. Our designers have already started squabbling about which archetypes are "the best ever" :)

We can't describe how excited we are to have such fantastic support. Thank you so much!

And thank you for the great AMA session we had today. We had a great ride and hope we were able to satisfy your hunger a little bit.

We are just about to start our development Twitch stream with Alexander Mishulin and Chris Avellone. It will go live on Monday, 10th of July at 9:00pm PDT / 4:00am GMT* / 6:00am CET* at https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames.

*this means Tuesday, 11th of July in these time zones.

And once again, don't worry if you miss it! A recording will be available on our official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo1yuqm85x6iyko4dKhZPiA.

Social goals reached
Thank you for spreading the word about our game among your friends! Your support on Facebook and Twitter are really amazing.

19bfc17e5b54432056c111f85a769591_original.jpg

You've already knocked out 4 social achievements, which means that the first reward is unlocked. A special wallpaper will be available for all backers to set the right mood for Pathfinder on your computers!

In closing
One day may be just a moment in history but for us it consists of 86400 precious seconds! Tell your colleagues, tell your friends - tell your enemies! - about our campaign. We still have a lot a things to tell you and we want to do everything to reach next stretch goals and bring more cool stuff into the game.

Hail to the Kings,

Owlcats.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So.. anybody seen that stream? Impressions?
The party got killed at one point for coming underleveled or something. Didn't' watch it whole or very carefully as it was too early for me and I also had to prepare for work.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The final stretch goal: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/1934286

Archetypes are funded! Moving on to Goblin companion!
Posted by Oleg

WOW! It took just a little more than one day to fund the Archetypes! You are absolutely incredible!

a86fb766852aaa0707672a082f8d6c19_original.jpg

Now, not only the narrative designers run around the office with ideas about the Extra chapter, but all system designers also rub their hands in anticipation — oh those mighty builds they would love to add to the game. Post your comments and let us know what would you prefer to play!

Our excitement goes through the roof - with your overwhelming support, we feel like there are no limits to the expansion of the game! And as we start our race towards the Goblin companion, it is time to reveal one more stretch goal for you. It is just one day left on Kickstarter, but let’s see how far we can go!

We believe that a maximum character variety is paramount, and races are an aspect we haven’t addressed yet in the stretch goals. We are happy to cover the basic set of playable races - human, dwarfs, half-elves, elves, half-orcs, gnomes, halflings – nevertheless, we would love to deepen the character customization even more.

So (drumroll!) the $1.0M stretch goal is… a New playable race!

And to make it even more fun, we have another surprise for you. It seems we can't make up our minds about which race to add; too many temptations... So let us turn to YOU for this decision! We will provide three options that match the Pathfinder: Kingmaker best, and let you select your favorite through a poll. The races to choose from are still in discussion with our partners from Paizo, but we will come up with the available options as soon as we start funding for that goal.

cdc18b0d93488c9e07ca795622b5361e_original.jpg

Let us know about your favorite races in the Comments section!

Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
So.. anybody seen that stream? Impressions?

I've watched for 30 mins or so, and it looks very good. Item art looks like straight out of BG, and there are lots of other small tidbits that make you feel like it is a legit BG/IWD game even though it is not pre-rendered like they were. Overall very polished for a pre-alpha. I think the game is "basically done" but the kickstarter campaign is used as an additional funding to expand the game. I haven't paid much attention to the writing, because that doesn't really matter that much to me. The original IE games weren't Shakespeare either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom