Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Melcar

Arcane

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
New Humble monthly has Pillars of Eternity and NBA 2K17 as the revealed games, for $12 as usual.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

O SHIT NIGGA NBA HOOPZ SLAM DUNK YO BITCH ASS WHATS WIT THIS GAY ASS HARRY POTTER SHIT THO HOMIE?

DON'T YOU LIKES THEM WIZZARS AND SHIT DOG?

NAW BRO MY GIRL READ DEM NERD BOOKS N SHIT BUT I CANT READ I JUST SLAM DUNK THA HOE ERR DAY U KNO WHA I MEAN NIGGA JAJA

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Balls I just found a game I want and the sale is over. It is expensive too...

https://isthereanydeal.com/

http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/
Balls I just found a game I want and the sale is over. It is expensive too...

If you really want it buy it all the same or wait a few months until the next sale. The discounts get better with time, for example I was not willing to pay 60€ for Arma Apex edition and now got it for 20€

But if I really want something I'd buy it. Dilemmas only arise if I don't know if I really want a game, and in that case I'd DON'T buy it.

Thanks peeps!

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Ironically, I had bought Shadow of Mordor during the Sale for a whopping 4$. But I have become so cheap that I refunded it after looking at some of the videos in earnest.
I was interested in an open world game, but I don't need to watch at a 30 hour long neverending sequence of finishing orcs with my special movements, if it bored me after 5 minutes.
My experience is that I'd better run when I see anything that smells of console.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
By the way is somebody here playing Farming Simulator? I am more and more thinking this could be a game for me, but waiting for a (much) better deal for the package.
I also wait for the South America expansion that comes in November.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Shadow of Mordor is a very dull, empty, game. There are some cool things in it (like the nemesis system), but it reminds me a lot Assassin's Creed 1 in that the world is very dead and you basically just repeat the same 4 missions over and over for 12-15 hours.

DramaticPopcorn

Shadow of Mordor is a very dull, empty, game. There are some cool things in it (like the nemesis system), but it reminds me a lot Assassin's Creed 1 in that the world is very dead and you basically just repeat the same 4 missions over and over for 12-15 hours.
The Nemesis System is a hyped up marketing bulletpoint. Literally nobody would even notice it if it wasn't hyped by every shitty outlet left and right.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Mega Man Legacy 2:

The Escapists 2:

Gettysburg: the Tide Turns from Slitherine:

HYPERNOVA: Escape from Hadea, some wacky looking RTS:

ss_d405ddaf2f5085211af317eda1126f4d8d3d789a.600x338.jpg

Iron Crypticle, co-op twin stick "dungeon shooter":

ss_fb776d15bc86397effb09d1b373c7e724acac651.600x338.jpg

Jinn

Arcane

Brigand was released!

So it's cheap, looks pretty interesting, but also very ugly. Apparently the dev has not put any video options in it either, like resolutions options for example. Poor guy.

(thank you pippin!)

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
The first one has fleet scaling from the second instalment, rng instead of proper ballistics on most weapon systems (again, from Homeworld 2), and formations not always work properly, especially formations from the original game.
Buyers beware. But you get the originals along the remastered editions.

Other than that it has upgraded graphics and interface qol changes from H2.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Super Meat Boy, Binding of Issac dev's new rage inducing platformer, The End Is Nigh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom