Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News GMDX 9.0 Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Deus Ex; GMDX

Give me Deus Ex 9.0, a large scale mod for Deus Ex, has been released.

GMDX offers new player mechanics, refined AI behavior, reworked weapon mechanics, balanced RPG elements, enhanced artistic direction, expanded level design, overhauled audio design, new interactions and simulated effects, improved user interface, and hundreds of bug fixes. All changes are made in deep consideration of Ion Storm’s vision for the game. A brief overview of features is given below, which is by no means exhaustive.​

You can learn more about the mod on its wiki page or the official website.

Release trailer:

Thanks to Ash for the heads up!

download here

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Ehhhhh. Dunno how I feel about all these graphics mods for old ass games. Weird af.

Not gonna say nothing tho, else I might hurt somebody's feelings.

Quantomas

Savant
Well, if you don't appreciate the facelifts to Deus Ex, then you don't know what's good for you ...

There is a reason people still play this game.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Nice. I finished it last year with 8.0, will check this out at some point.

Ehhhhh. Dunno how I feel about all these graphics mods for old ass games. Weird af.

Not gonna say nothing tho, else I might hurt somebody's feelings.
I don't like running gfx mods in old games either, but Deus Ex levels are often p. barren and GMDX livens them up significantly with more detail and better lighting. The textures are too high res though, would be nice if at some point someone made a pack that is more inline with the game's level of detail. Thankfully it at least doesn't touch the character models.

Last edited:

At0mic

Literate
The graphics updates for Deus Ex are fairly reasonable though. They're not gaudy, they don't change the aesthetic and they're not coupled with excessive modern graphical bullshit like chromatic aberration, motion blur and film grain (not that the engine can do any of these things but I'm sure someone could code them in if they gave a shit). Besides, GMDX selectively uses only some of the model updates (the Denton brothers are still their stock models for example), so it's very well balanced I think. You can disable the texture/model upgrade easily enough via the launcher or .ini files anyway, so it's all very configurable.

Ash

Arcane
Salute.

Regarding graphics: new vision can be disabled (which will also disable GMDX hi-res textures), although this will create minor inconsistency and is not recommended. But yeah, both HDTP and NV are mostly good, and GMDX focuses on both ironing out their flaws and extending/completing them. New Vision is mostly fulfilled with GMDX, but HDTP is not in that some weapons and objects are still not done, and the character models too (but they arguably shouldn't even be attempted and HDTP's efforts are disabled because they create inconsistency and were a mixed bag).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom