Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beyond Skyrim [Bruma] released

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Well Endereal was shit

NO!!!! How dare you, sir! You know your opinion matters so much to me and you go and say this? Have you no shame, sir?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So it's just a town, a few NPCs, and a few quests ? How is it better than, like, other mods ?

Beastro

Arcane
Also, how is this any different from Tamriel Rebuilt, Morroblivion, Skywind, Skyblivion etc?

Those projects never get anywhere.

Tamriel Rebuit is!

Every new TES game that comes out gets another version of their mod started up to spread the effort out even thinner!

Last edited:
So how's the writing? Any of those "innumerable all-new quests and storylines" get anywhere good? That "early access kindly allowed by developers" video (aka advertisement) looks horrifyingly Oblivionesque, otherwise.

circ

Arcane
Haven't played it but I've seen a few LP's.

IMO, it's a little too quest heavy. Just about every single NPC has a quest or two, and it's not exactly and improvement over vanilla Skyrim either.

Hey buddy, can you fetch me 5 burgers with fries? I'll give you this milkshake.

What has changed though, is that a lot of these quests now rely on speech or other skills to get optimal results or even finish them.

Writing is passable from what I've seen, and unlike something like Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, the voice acting is pretty consistently good.

That said, it's pretty buggy. Quite a few bugs seem to be because people expect their 100+ mods to be competely compatible with a major new land area though.

Varvarg

Educated
Shit game in a new setting doesn't make it less shit.

Cuck. Skyrim is graet! Wander beautiful vistas. Kill skellerangs.

Mod it with tits

SkyrimSexism5-620x.jpg

Helton

Arcane
YES! Could you talk a little bit about Enderal. It looks like it had fairly high production value, voice acting, story, characters. But you imply the gameplay is better then Skyrim? Could you elaborate? I might be interested in playing.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
YES! Could you talk a little bit about Enderal. It looks like it had fairly high production value, voice acting, story, characters. But you imply the gameplay is better then Skyrim? Could you elaborate? I might be interested in playing.

I've been waiting for the full expansion and haven't played in a long time since it came out so going off memory-

1) It is more focused.
2) Exploration was rewarded by finding things that gave level up point things
3) Leveling up is broken down into two different categories, removing crafting from regular leveling up since the world isn't leveled with you leveling up by crafting would screw you over
4) Far more difficult than Skyrim
5) Better thievery and justice system
6) Completely redone perk trees - there are 3 groupings of I think 3. Magic, fighting, and thievery. I forget how exactly you get points to raise these, but I don't think it is like regular skyrim. All the perks are different and unique. I think they have done a lot of work on it since the original release.
7) I forget if there is training or not. I think you have to loot books to train or something.
8) It is like Skyrim done by people who like rpgs. If you like Skyrim and also like rpgs you should like this game. Its all new content and like a completely new and much better rpg game.

You should check out the site since my memory is poor and they explain things much better.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
well this team delivers atleast. They plöan on doing other regions as well, the far away goal is all of cyrodiil
How long do you think they'll last? Good for them, if they finish in 20 years.
So it's just a town, a few NPCs, and a few quests ? How is it better than, like, other mods ?
The Hype sure do work in mysterious ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rpgsaurus Rex

I'm not him, but Enderal is worth it if you like big, open world RPGs. That "yuge" feel once you get past the starting area. As for the weak points:

1) Awful, in-your-face "epic" plot. Romances, ugh. Enderal's weakest point.
2) Unfinished. Some areas feel the same, empty, repetitive. Some towns feel like it's a pre-alpha or something with barely any dialogue and quests. That said, there are enough cool areas and dungeons that are also really unique and fun to explore. This is where Enderal shines. Huge dungeons.
3) It's still Skyrim. Combat's shit, AI's shit. Cheese galore.
4) If you ignore the story and explore, you'll learn all the spells there are to learn, level up and achieve God-mode power levels etc. while there's still a huge chunk of the "story" (i.e. unskippable, boring cutscenes) to trudge through. This is where I stopped.

Overall: download a few mods (I used http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78118/?) and give it a go. It's still a pretty good game on its own that will deliver tens of hours of raw fun if you enjoy getting lost in a huge, open-world RPG.

Varvarg

Educated
well this team delivers atleast. They plöan on doing other regions as well, the far away goal is all of cyrodiil
How long do you think they'll last? Good for them, if they finish in 20 years.
The Hype sure do work in mysterious ways.

Well with that attitude they are fucked. Luckily they are a more optimistic bunch.

Here's a website about a future positive thing in your godforsaken life: https://www.jw.org/en/

i suggest you read up and better yourself. Fucking heathens, i swear to God i will one day purge

:killitwithfire:

Todd_the_Liar

Novice
Nah, Skyrim modding has jumped the shark and is on the decline. The community is fractured and most of the good modders have moved on or given up owing to all the entitled shitflingers. The Beyond Skyrim devs have said only SE exclusives from now on, if they ever get around to release anything. What's the point? No SKSE64, no MCM, no HDT physics, crippled ENB, subpar sexmods... the only reasons to play shitgame have been stripped from SE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom