Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Guess the genre of Blizzard's next unity game

J1M

Arcane
Blizzard said:
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, GAMEPLAY, UNANNOUNCED PROJECT
https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oagy5fwN

Blizzard is hiring C# and unity programmers for an unannounced project.

Is WoW going mobile? Or will this actually be interesting? Seems unlikely it would be a card game given Hearthstone's presence, but here's hope it will be something turn-based.

My vote is a "board game" based on an existing license.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
Probably something on mobile, maybe a heroes of the storm port to mobile? Or a simpler version of it for mobile? Cause I heard some chinese mobile MOBA is earning more than league of legends, which is a lot.

Definitely not WoW mobile I think.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah, mobile sounds like the go-to thing. Unity's greatest asset is that it allows for your turd to be ported to tablets, phones and websites.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It will be something like the Garrison/Order Hall missions. I'm surprised they didn't poop out something like it earlier; although apparently you can actually do those missions in WoW via their mobile app. This will be a separate F2P thing with some e-currency you can buy to get better armor, recruit heroes, or whatever.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
It'll be a first person shooter with light RPG mechanics that can be played in on-line co-op where the main game is so dire that no-one will give a shit about it but in 10 years time 23 years olds will reminisce about all the fun they had 'trolling' other users.

abija

Prophet
Why do they keep adding "passion for games" as a requirement. I guess for Blizzard it doesn't matter that much but the smaller firms that copy them are hiring morons and denying perfect candidates for that reason.

J1M

Arcane
Why do they keep adding "passion for games" as a requirement. I guess for Blizzard it doesn't matter that much but the smaller firms that copy them are hiring morons and denying perfect candidates for that reason.
It was a core reason for their early success. They have lost that and want it back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom