Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hearthstone

sser

Arcane
Developer
Hmm, let's see what Hearthstone is up to.

yshvKjx.jpg

RNG worse than ever before. Every match I play both players just play random garbage and get random garbage and then you play around nothing cause you can't even know what the fuck is in their hands and then you win or lose based on random cards you don't know they have. It's like playing poker with a bunch of Uno cards mixed in. This is flatlining gameplay design.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Dead game is dead. Standard has done very little to shake up the meta. You might have a couple classes like Hunters and Rogues fall out of favor for three months but then in comes overpowered shit to put them right back on top.

Revenant

New expansion - Knights of the Frozen Throne - coming in August

I want to be a death knight

I was pestered by Blizzard for the last week to buy some packs as I'd get more bang for my shekels. Too little, too late. The pricing and the randomness drove me away, I'm not coming back.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Total shit. They repeat the same mistake they did for Un'Goro -- tying the main feature of the expansion behind a pay/dust wall of one legendary per class. The retards on Hearthstone forums are embracing it because Blizzard is giving ONE WHOLE CLASS CARD away for free. O BOI. THAT MEANS YOU JUST NEED TO CRAFT TEN MORE TO ACTUALLY PLAY NEW DECKS! 16,000 dust... for a feature that will almost certainly be obsolete in three months when the next expansion rolls around.

Seems like they're going to repeat this shit from now on since dummies are so accepting of it.

Revenant

So, Blizzard is giving everyone a free promotional arena entry, and not only that - they are giving you one free win in it, too. Yes, a free win. This is a total disgrace and the final nail to the coffin of Hearthstone.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Had a quick look at the revealed cards in the new expansion. Shaping up to be pretty terrible I see. I mean look at this shit:
oojiedg.png

Zer0wing

Cipher
Had a quick look at the revealed cards in the new expansion. Shaping up to be pretty terrible I see. I mean look at this shit:
:prosper:
Who in their mind would build a deck around three of this type? Especially when there's a better epic. Pack filler legendary, what a decline.

v1rus

Arcane
:prosper:
Who in their mind would build a deck around three of this type? Especially when there's a better epic. Pack filler legendary, what a decline.

You aint gonna use 3 of 'em in the same deck, that for surah. Ironically, my money is on the 4 one - there are more than a couple of decks that dont run any 4 drops as is, and in that case, this is a 4-4 with taunt and ls, which is pretty good.

Revenant

Lol, played a few games with my miracle dragon priest and it was actually pretty fun. I hope the deck survives into Icecrown without many changes.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
636369913153810014.png

Granted, I only play now to complete quests but with shit like this I might finally uninstall. People are trying to argue... 'oh the drawback is it thins your opponent's deck so they might be able to draw a good card sooner.' Horseshit. That's a minute theoretical drawback and the upside in playing this card is fucking HUGE for a Warlock. At least with Dirty Rat: 1) It was limited to minions; and 2) It still put that minion into play so while you could lose a key battlecry it could put Tirion or some other big threat on the field... such to the extent people rarely played Dirty Rat without having some kind of hard removal in their hand to follow it up with...

This card is just straight up fucking bullshit with no drawback at all.

Revenant

I, for one, always thought Hearthstone was too wimpy in the way that you couldn't deprive your opponent from playing cards he had. This is actually incline.

J1M

Arcane
I, for one, always thought Hearthstone was too wimpy in the way that you couldn't deprive your opponent from playing cards he had. This is actually incline.
Agreed, how many different ways are there to play this multiple times, duplicate battle cry, etc.? Can warlock borrow rogue spells?

Grubba

Arcane
That card could maybe fit into some kind of annoying mill deck for wild, I'm sure people will try

The shaman deathknight hero is pretty interesting. Might actually be playable

sser

Arcane
Developer
That Warlock card is so good. This expansion in general has some, on paper anyway, super strong cards. It actually looks like Blizzard's trying.

Ranarama

Learned
Granted, I only play now to complete quests but with shit like this I might finally uninstall. People are trying to argue... 'oh the drawback is it thins your opponent's deck so they might be able to draw a good card sooner.' Horseshit. That's a minute theoretical drawback and the upside in playing this card is fucking HUGE for a Warlock. At least with Dirty Rat: 1) It was limited to minions; and 2) It still put that minion into play so while you could lose a key battlecry it could put Tirion or some other big threat on the field... such to the extent people rarely played Dirty Rat without having some kind of hard removal in their hand to follow it up with...

Actually the drawback of it is you have to play warlock.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Nah, combo and faceroll-deck ruiners are pretty good and a sign of incline in my book.

Your post is 8 months old, MSoG was the real decline.

Zer0wing

Cipher
An auto-include has arrived. Several months after sending Ragnaros and Sylvanas to Wild because these two were auto-includes, yes.
636377318406093128.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Black Knight will mean this card is essentially pay 8 mana for a Death Knight card.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
lol is Hearthstone still "play OP card->get it countered by card teched specifically against that OP card"?

lolol good thing I got out of this garbage like more than a year ago.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Black Knight will mean this card is essentially pay 8 mana for a Death Knight card.
Or Big Game Hunter if Black Knight is not in a collection yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom