Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Splinter Cell Conviction: My impressions

ecliptic

Liturgist
I just played through the single player in two (decently sized) sessions.

I enjoyed it. The only time the control streamlining annoyed me was when opening doors / peeking under them. It's dictated poorly by where you look at the door. Also missed moving bodies.

The black and white transitions were annoying.

Engine performed well. Game looked gorgeous. I felt it just oooooozed style out of all of its orifices.

For the most part, the simplification worked well with the game. I played on Realistic difficulty.

I'd not say it's worth $60, but I wouldn't be disappointed if I had paid half of that. Which is what it's on sale for at the Ubisoft store... but I not such a fan of the always on internet DRM.

ecliptic

Liturgist
Ed123 said:

SPOILER ALERT

I forgot to mention that at the end of the game you have the choice of:

EITHER

Shooting the bad guy immediately.

Punching him.

Punching him and then shooting him.

Punching him twice.

Punching him twice then shooting him.

Punching him three times.

Punching him three times and then shooting him.

Punching him three times, sparing him, then letting him get shot in the face by someone else three seconds later.

Why, that's like two-hundred different and completely unique endings right there! I'm suprised it wasn't marketed as an RPG as well.

There's more possibilities. You can choose to shoot him three times (one in each shoulder, then the head), or bash him once (either before or after shooting him), and then execute him or spare him.

Though you do get a nice surprise if you spare him. I LOL'd.

Which of these reviews were written by Drog, bringing him money every time we follow one of his links?

Are any of the games in the series worth playing? Always looked like generic popamole, but I'm willing to give one a try.

Cassidy

Arcane
I heard Chaos Theory was a good sneaker, but I'm not a big fan of modern spy games myself.

ecliptic

Liturgist
Overweight Manatee said:
Are any of the games in the series worth playing? Always looked like generic popamole, but I'm willing to give one a try.

I've played Chaos Theory, Double Agent, and Conviction.

I would recommend staying away from Double Agent unless you're really bored, it's a downgrade on Chaos Theory in all ways but graphics.

Chaos Theory was good fun, and had the best soundtrack of any game I've played.

TripJack

Hedonist
i can confirm that this game is shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom