Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
this is what happens when you try to settle on a uninhabited system in the middle of my empire. (that was their capital and home planet btw)

M-M-MONSTER!!!

sser

Arcane
Developer
Wasn't sure if rap would put this one in.

07BC1C3655E982EC54883F496E7922FEE5FF0FF2

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
201707061740551.jpg

Well this sure feels like home, alright :outrage:

201707061744351.jpg

holy shit this game has LEANING

201707061747061.jpg

hol' up,

*tracks blood with UV light*

so you be sayin

*scans samples*

we wuz condemned an shieeeet?

201707061753591.jpg

hahaha this game has a krummlauf gun to pop moles from behind corners

201707061759191.jpg

hmm doesn't look like bytom anymore

201707061804191.jpg

:negative:

201707061809301.jpg

TYRANNY OF CHOICES AHOY

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
What is this abandoned insane asylum urban explorer simulator?

Don't Get Even, a potato shooper by the dudes who did Negrovision. Although so far I've shot a grand total of 3 dudes in like 30 minutes so perhaps shooper is not a very accurate (hóhóhó!) description :hmmm: Looks more like an attempt to clone spiritually succeed Condemned, like Ninja Destroyer said.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hello Neighbor (pre-alpha demo) has BLOOM and it's not afraid to show it off...
fkbi2yhl.jpg

(That is an indoors kitchen, by the way, not the sight of a nuclear bomb going off)
aaytpurk.jpg

Even the lockpicks in this game have BLOOM!

hellbent

Augur
Hello Neighbor (pre-alpha demo) has BLOOM and it's not afraid to show it off...
fkbi2yhl.jpg

(That is an indoors kitchen, by the way, not the sight of a nuclear bomb going off)
aaytpurk.jpg

Even the lockpicks in this game have BLOOM!

Good to know it wasn't just my rig doing the insane bloom thing. Also, the repetitive looping "neighbor chasing you" tune is a little obnoxious, too.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
201707081007001.jpg

gud therapy

201707081023111.jpg

@_@

201707081038071.jpg

Pretty mofo this.

Gotta sneak by a guard but the route would leave you right there in the open?

No problem, faulty memory is there to rescue you.

201707081038091.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah i think i remember there being a van parked in front of that guy

201707081038111.jpg

plop! :troll:

201707081053331.jpg

@_@

201707081120331.jpg

dis krummlauf gun is also p mofo

201707081120381.jpg

crouch behind a chest high wall, look up

201707081120431.jpg

ROTATE THE FIRING MODULE AND POP ALL THE MOLES

201707081155361.jpg

:abyssgazer:

Jazz_

Arcane
7.62 calibre? Nah, take this tokarev tt-33 and give me a 12 gauge shotgun, homie.

oTtVeqx.jpg

RFOMF0m.jpg

Xghz3mN.jpg

I finally met my first enemy at night wandering in the jungle

iS60tpD.jpg

a...bald black woman?

m2B8UWb.jpg

1.5 seconds later:

SgmBH5c.jpg

:rpgcodex:

Game seems quite hardcore, I dig that. :incline:

sser

Arcane
Developer
48FA68D8843906699D583839D518E4369523EC2C

Bit o' Templar Battleforce and some Death Road to Canada,

CEB3EC30BCB37A906F0CAB604384A7C7BF4E4E76

This game feels like the natural evolution of stuff like Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Fun, SNES-type gameplay.

A horse of course

Assassin's Creed: Unity

Awful. Though Black Flag's naval warfare might have served as a useful sleight-of-hand in distracting players from the outdated core mechanics of the series, no amount of fancy AAA production values can conceal just how sloppily Unity meshes broken, antiquated movement and combat systems with Parisian environments. Every irritation of previous titles has been exaggerated by a barrage of obstructive props. Oddly-sloped surfaces, window frames, chimneys, mini-stalls, and pretty much any other object you can imagine will cause no end of frustration as you try to navigate the areas, and I'm certain few players haven't died or failed a mission at least once due to these irritations (my personal favourite was hopping back and forth over a window for twelve seconds and finally being killed by a sniper).

Combat frequently bugs out, with the protagonist freezing in place for several seconds and twirling his sword as enemies line up attacks, stairways consistently breaking animations, parries failing to execute for no good reason, and more. Firearms are an egregious slip-up - Black Flag made enemies with firearms a dangerous but clearly defined threat with useful counters that didn't break the flow of combat. Unity, however, meekly suggests "rolling" to avoid being struck by attacks that can take off a third of your health bar even at maximum upgrade level, and frequently fails to give the player any chance to defend against them at all - I've personally died four times to instances of multiple regular enemies (not even snipers) simultaneously going from melee engagement to shooting me, within the space of two seconds flat. Combat animations in general also feel sluggish and somewhat unresponsive even when they do actually work.

The game has always used a pseudo-RPG progression system for building up your character's abilities, but it's implemented rather unpleasantly here. Whilst most gear is linked to money or side-quests, these are upgraded with Creed points, which are very slowly gained via in-game activities, or...
WMsZqN6.jpg
Yeah. Furthermore, many of the abilities you're used to from previous titles have been stripped from you, and require special currency to regain - currency that is earned solely through single-player story missions (which will only give you enough to unlock about 60%) and Co-op missions. Yep, they really tried to push the "social" aspect in Unity. Good luck actually finding other players, though at least some of the co-op missions are possible to do solo.

The sole redeeming aspect of the game is the setting and its presentation. Revolutionary Paris really is beautifully realised, and I frequently took advantage of the in-game database prompts when coming across landmarks. Music is passable though not particularly memorable, and facial animations were particularly impressive, but I was disappointed at the lack of enemy variety even just from a visual standpoint, as the artists seem to have made little effort to mine the wealth of regimental uniforms of the period - you'll have seen pretty much every single enemy soldier within the first hour of gameplay. Character motivations were sometimes weak (why the hell does Arno even join the Assassins and immediately start murdering Templars considering the events of the tutorial setting?) and the politics usually infantile representations of the real source material, but it was less offensively stupid than Assassin's Creed 3. The DLC doesn't really help, saddling Arno with a unneeded redemptive epilogue triggered by an irritating child sidekick.

There are some interesting side-missions, often of comparable length to the main story entries, though they (almost) exclusively lack voice acting for the protagonist. One of them actually made me laugh out of loud because the quest-giver simply tells you that the aristocrats you've been saving are Templars and thus...we need to murder them all now, I guess? Quite a few of the optional content and collectible rewards are actually quite cool, such as gorgeous ornate weapons (though I was pretty pissed to find out that the "Legendary" armour I received for doing all the hidden landmark riddles - at least 5 hours and a lot of poking around both the in-game database and wikipedia in some cases - was just some shitty skin that replaced the appearance of your regular armour, and offered no actual stat bonuses).

Overall I would definitely recommend avoiding this one, unless it's your first Assassin's Creed and you're not instantly turned off by the repetition of dealing with the same shit the rest of us have for the past ten years. On the upside, it renewed my interest in 18th-century Europe, so there is that!

Warning: Mild Spoilers. Also pls no bully my Uplay username.

qzE7uwn.jpg
qWZ4PxA.jpg
cuAVErN.jpg
z74sO8Z.jpg
OUN2Oe2.jpg
rL3nlav.jpg
Vu2FzrF.jpg
9djRq7t.jpg
RDVUQVF.jpg
abgfbwC.jpg
FEIOser.jpg
PbbJdJV.jpg
5qHtens.jpg
pfiYZgA.jpg
yZ6XYxZ.jpg
HxFjpp5.jpg
pBRVEX2.jpg
R1RrRvj.jpg
PzEeI0A.jpg
LHeiRPP.jpg
aXfHV47.jpg
mKv0zLD.jpg
zsDqOt1.jpg
Kkn0z5q.jpg
nPDIWnq.jpg
8vknDeV.jpg
v0dNIme.jpg
oDU8aao.jpg
RhYulu3.jpg
VztwBkw.jpg
VD21pnA.jpg
qszVJY0.jpg
blHuk0y.jpg
1NKgGtX.jpg
Vbeulu7.jpg
gHAivsp.jpg
2s3tTxI.jpg
cNvY219.jpg
ESgycNF.jpg

Dead Kings DLC

VV8GGLH.jpg
TCRZQBh.jpg
XT2vmqW.jpg
LsHhggn.jpg
Ri6TxZl.jpg
nZeG1yz.jpg
VKKJcIF.jpg
WENURUd.jpg
DAbJdXJ.jpg
krooc6K.jpg
fgUJze9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sser

Arcane
Developer
natural evolution of stuff like Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Does it includes a co-op mode? One of the things I loved in ZAMN was to play that game with my older brother as a kid. I'd buy two copies right now to play with my little brother if it's possible.

Local co-op mode at the moment. The game's fun singleplayer, but it definitely be a shitload better with someone else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom