Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which PC RPGs of 2000 have you played? [top 100 voting thread]

Which of the following RPGs have you played?

• Avernum 1

Votes: 32 23.9%
  • Avernum 2

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn (inc EE)

Votes: 124 92.5%
  • Deus Ex

Votes: 111 82.8%
  • Diablo 2

Votes: 103 76.9%
  • Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul

Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Icewind Dale (inc EE)

Votes: 103 76.9%
  • Konung: Legend of the North

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Might and Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 41 30.6%
  • Nox

Votes: 61 45.5%
  • Soulbringer

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption

Votes: 77 57.5%
  • Wizards and Warriors (not the 1987 nintendo platformer)

Votes: 28 20.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Same rules as before, this time for 2000.

Notes:

Both the IE games on the list include the Enhanced Edition versions. See 2001 list for reasoning.

Wizards and Warriors is a 2000 PC game by David W. Bradley and should not be confused with the NES fantasy platformer released in 1987. If you wish to google Wizards and Warriors then the main result will be the NES game, to find the PC game type "wizards and warriors PC game".

Unlike the IE games, all the Vogel remakes will be listed separately, so please don't confuse Avernum 1 with either Exile: Escape From the Pit or Avernum 1: Escape From the Pit or Avernum 2 with Exile: Crystal Souls or Avernum: Crystal Souls. This is done because each new remake is given an entirely new title, suggesting its a completely different game whereby accurate titling is the most important aspect of reference. Should people feel strongly about this then we could come back to this at the end sometime to see if combining all three versions of the similar games gives them more favourable results, but I think, as they have specifically different titles, they should be listed separately.

Again, I'm sure I've missed something and will be all ears to any suggested games.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
First! Also amazingly for this year I've played 8 of them. Nox was awesome. Also liked Icewind, BG2, and Redemption. I think I'm the only person who doesn't like Deus Ex.

skycycle

Educated
6/13 for me this time around, quite average considering the number of big titles from this year.

Pretty low numbers for a few titles so far, especially for Icewind Dale and Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
That King: Legend of the North any cop? Seem to have totally missed it for some reason.
It's truly terrible Russian shitware. There are three of them and they're all garbage. The sequel was on sale on Steam yesterday for 76 cents; that should be an indication.

Severian Silk

I have played Nox a little bit, but did not check it off in the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
That King: Legend of the North any cop? Seem to have totally missed it for some reason.
It's truly terrible Russian shitware. There are three of them and they're all garbage. The sequel was on sale on Steam yesterday for 76 cents; that should be an indication.

Holy crap, I never spotted Konung 2 when I did the 2004 list, that's the second game I missed off of the 2004 list, yeek. I'll have to do a "missed games" list as the final list one day.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
6/13 for me this time around, quite average considering the number of big titles from this year.

Pretty low numbers for a few titles so far, especially for Icewind Dale and Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption.

I wouldn't say there's a huge number of big titles there. A handful perhaps. 6/13 is above average I'd say. Yes, there would be low numbers for some titles if you make your post 6 hours after the poll's creation :roll:

PrettyDeadman

Evil Island is probably the best rpg ever made.
Konung is pretty good too, but it's too hardcore for most people.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Ah, that sucks that you've highlighted two games that look like they're going to struggle to make the cut.

Perhaps you could take this opportunity to wax lyrical on all the things you really liked about them? You never know, you might motivate another 10 or 20 people to try them for when the next poll comes along in half a decade or so.

PrettyDeadman

Ah, that sucks that you've highlighted two games that look like they're going to struggle to make the cut.

Perhaps you could take this opportunity to wax lyrical on all the things you really liked about them? You never know, you might motivate another 10 or 20 people to try them for when the next poll comes along in half a decade or so.
Sorry, I am not a native english speaker so I can't give those games justice with words, but believe me, they are absolutely amazing! If more people liked them then the western gaming industry wouldn't have lived through decline of 2000s and 2010's.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

Sorry, I am not a native english speaker so I can't give those games justice with words, but believe me, they are absolutely amazing! If more people liked them then the western gaming industry wouldn't have lived through decline of 2000s and 2010's.

That doesn't seem to stop you on the threads I've seen. How hard can it be to highlight a few meaty reasons?

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I'm surprised that so few played MM8. I thought it was only me.

If you thought it was only you, why are you surprised?

Again you show your total lack of reading comprehension. Or maybe you just nag for nagging's sake? I mean I thought I was the only one that had not played it.

Why on earth would you think you're the only one to have not played MM8? [I guess that's why I assumed you meant you thought only you had played it]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom