Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demons Age by Bigmoon Studios - turn-based RPG "highly inspired" by Chaos Chronicles

PrettyDeadman

What are you people complaining about, you told them to delay it until character creation and leveling up is in.
You told them to delay the game on rpgwatch forums.
I made a post about it earlier.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wake me up when LMA has a single-player campaign.
It has one that is as good as Temple of Elemental Evil:
Kill enemies, get loot, become stronger, kill stronger enemies. What more do you need?
I even played it while it was in Chinese only.
Sorry man, but no story, no party interaction, no world building, nothing = no investment or interest in anything going on the screen.

I don't need lots of story or world building. What BB has, for example, was enough for me to enjoy my time with it. Mostly because it has a lot of emergent stories.
But LMA could basically be Tetris for all I care at the moment, or an engine that I hope someone will use at some point to create a game with.

About Demon's Age. Well... I hope they make good use of the additional time.

ikarinokami

Augur
the right call was made. making a 3.5 style RPG without character building is just not a good idea.

Drowed

Arcane
Are you complaining about a delay to September 29th? The way the game is looking, it might be best to wait until 2018.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Some interesting insights into the game and how it began and happened c/p from the watch:
Purple Dogg said:
I've only recently joined Bigmoon. I realize the site's outdated and there were some bumps in the road prior to me joining. I'll eventually get to it, despite the current focus being elsewhere, as in new games.

Answering your question regarding CC. There is no direct relation, but I believe I can explain part of the confusion…
Back in 2011, Bigmoon Studios was developing a mobile/PC game based on the classic Commodore Amiga "North & South" (game remake) for the former publisher "bitComposer".
Meantime the former developer "Coreplay" was also developing "Jagged Alliance" remake of series to "bitComposer" too.
Both companies were working to the same publisher but we didn't know each other.

By the end of 2011, after we successfully delivery "North & South", bitComposer invited us to develop "Jagged Alliance: Back in Action" to Linux and Mac instead of inviting "CorePlay". We got the information that they wanted us to develop this port because they'd started to have some disagreements between them.

After we successfully delivered "Jagged Alliance: Back in Action", they requested us to develop another game (not "Chaos Chronicles", but based on "Chaos Chronicles") because they told us that "Coreplay" had closed and they wanted us to reboot the project with a different brand. (A new name here. "CC" also the initials, though I don't know if it became public).

However, during 2014, "bitComposer" also entered into insolvency and we stayed "alone", with this project child in our arms and with bills yet to receive… Because we liked what we were doing, we negotiated some assets as ways of bitComposer settling the debts they had with us and we started our own game - "DEMONS AGE".
A new story, a new programming, new concept, etc… but many initial principles shared by the same publisher.

And that's it. We never had any contact with "Coreplay" but we did share the same publisher for a period. We're launching a distinct game. 100% of the storyline, the audio, the level design, the code, etc… was made here.
And:
Purple Dogg said:
I don't believe I've insulted anyone. If someone feels insulted, I apologize. Everyone's entitled an opinion, but we don't regard all opinions equally. There are plenty of sites that specialize on reviews. While I follow a few, I disregard most of the others. I can't take a review based on 20m gameplay seriously. And not one that states an erroneous price tag as a fact. As I said, it denotes some sort of agenda that I'm not willing to invest time discovering.

As for gameplay mechanics, they're particular to DA's. I still haven't finished the game. I'd like to see a few certain mechanics in it. But then again, I never really forgave Jagged Alliance 2 for stripping some of Jagged Alliance's mechanics and it never prevented me from enjoying the game as it is. Did we have prior knowledge to ALL existing mechanics in every single RPG game launched? Did we need that?

Fluent just mentioned the game only has one standard attack. That's not true. You also get Full Attack, either with Dual Wields, or after leveling up certain characters, or even with certain weapons.

I'm not addressing YOU personally or ALL your reviews, Fluent. Should you have a Divinity review or a Banner Saga review, I wouldn't mind taking a peak (well, unless you start them with "I've only played this for 20 minutes").

If you play only the first stage, with the two lvl5 characters sent to help you (I see that as a Tutorial Introduction to the game), you're expected to miss a few things. And if you write a review based on a tutorial, well… *shrug*

As for the Betrayal System, well, you'll have to play it. You get some clues in the dialogues. Should you not listen to them, your party member will turn against you in mid combat. Personally, I think this is the biggest selling point of the game. That's the thing that drives me into playing it. I'll want to see it happen. And then I'll want to do a playthrough being careful as to avoid any betrayal from my party members - meaning be careful who you hire into your party. It adds a not-so-common layer of complexity I'm eager to explore as a player.

Again, thank you all for your insight and feedback. They do help us.

Cheers

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fluent just mentioned the game only has one standard attack. That's not true. You also get Full Attack, either with Dual Wields, or after leveling up certain characters, or even with certain weapons.
This part made me laugh. It's like he's never heard of 3e or 3.5e D&D. I don't think people who want trip, sunder, grapple, bull rush, charge, disarm, overrun, feint, aid another, or anything I can't remember right off-hand are going to be satisfied that you can do a normal attack more than once per turn.

I never played Pathfinder, but I assume those same attacks are in there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom