Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Sentinel

Arcane
Tyranny is Unity 5 but it's still built on top of PoE1's outdated systems. The loading times are probably slightly better than PoE1.0 but nothing major.

Starwars

Arcane
I've played some with the new DLC thing now, though not a whole lot. I mean... it's kind of cool. The content is rather nice for fleshing things out and making travel more interesting. It is basically the stronghold stuff added in PoE, little dialogue things with decisions to make (except in the context of you traveling instead of being inside the stronghold).

Hard to say whether it's worth it. I mean, it is cheap but at the same time it feels pretty close to "patch material" (especially considering the stuff was added in PoE for free). But I like the additions themselves so far it least, it's a welcome little change of pace whenever they pop up.

Flou

Arbiter
I've played some with the new DLC thing now, though not a whole lot. I mean... it's kind of cool. The content is rather nice for fleshing things out and making travel more interesting. It is basically the stronghold stuff added in PoE, little dialogue things with decisions to make (except in the context of you traveling instead of being inside the stronghold).

Hard to say whether it's worth it. I mean, it is cheap but at the same time it feels pretty close to "patch material" (especially considering the stuff was added in PoE for free). But I like the additions themselves so far it least, it's a welcome little change of pace whenever they pop up.

Then again they promised proper stronghold for PoE as one of their stretch goals. It would have been a PR nightmare to fix the stronghold, but make the customers pay for it again.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Possibly related: Tyranny = Unity 5, PoE1 = Unity 4.

I thought Tyranny's load times were worse than PoE's?

I haven't heard that. They're about the same/better because areas are smaller.
The load times even for small areas are pretty fucking bad, even on my SSD. Areas with multiple smaller areas tied to them are a fucking chore, such as Lethian's Crossing.

I was pretty annoyed that we never got to go to The Bastard City, just adding to the feeling of a half-finished game, but considering load times in cities with how they usually work in this type of game, it might've been a blessing in disguise.

Starwars

Arcane
...and once again I'm just awestruck by how boring they managed to make the Oldwalls. I mean, how? How on earth did anyone think this was supposed to be fun?

Flou

Arbiter
...and once again I'm just awestruck by how boring they managed to make the Oldwalls. I mean, how? How on earth did anyone think this was supposed to be fun?

Oldwalls is the only reason I haven't played it through again. That place was just too damn boring and generic.

bminorkey

Oldwalls is the only reason I haven't played it through again. That place was just too damn boring and generic.

the dungeons are such a huge waste of effort and resources

theres so little cleverness going into them, like.. even the enemies are just generic "wisp" things??

i'm mad because this game was pretty nice outside of that haha

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/tyranny-patch-notes-1-1-1.1032623/

Tyranny Patch Notes - 1.1.1

Patch 1.1.1 contains many fixes to issues noticed by the community as well as adding a DLC icon to the Main Menu. Below is a list of all the changes contained within this patch. Some sections of these patch notes contain spoilers to the story, spoiler tags have been added to those sections of the patch notes.

Tales from the Tiers Fixes & Changes
  • Frozen Sentinel and Sunder's Seal now display correct tool-tips.
  • Added some missing text to the 'Invigorated' Boon.
  • Added some missing sound effect to one of the World Map Events.
  • Updated the VFX in some World Map Events.
  • Arcane Infused Boon no longer stacks every few seconds.
  • Updated name of new item to Zash's Draught. Previously called 'Swig of Insight'.
  • The party Banner on the world map will no longer reset its location when leaving a World Map Event.
  • Added an icon to the Title Screen to indicate whether or not the DLC is active.
New Game+ Fixes
  • Removed invalid spell sigil from New Game+ Vendor (Phaedrus).
  • Added many unique items to New Game+ Vendor (Phaedrus).
  • Spell sigils now carry over to New Game+ regardless of Language.
  • Character no longer lose certain talents when starting a New Game+.
Gameplay Fixes
  • Skill checks in dialogs now award proper amount of experience.
  • Massive Blow II now reads and functions correctly.
  • Companions no longer re-learn talents they lost during Retraining.
Programming Fixes
  • Tool-tips no longer disappear during gameplay.
  • Text will fit within UI buttons in more edge cases for various languages and Font Scaling combinations.
  • Fixed a rare issue where some spells would not display the correct information in their tool-tip.
  • Fixed a rare issue where sometime the party could become trapped in an 'ambush' scene.
  • Leaving an Ambush scene will no longer trigger the same ambush a second time.
  • Fixed a rare issue where sometime the party could become trapped at the mountain spire.

Efe

Erudite
i put this away last time at eb encounter, came back to new patch and couldnt leave area.
outstanding job obsidian QA team!

Iznaliu

Arbiter
TBW can be played mid-game or after the end, like TW3 expansions I guess. Coming in August.

I imagine that Obsidian will adopt this model for any future expansions for PoE2/their other project, even though it places limits on game design (though thematically, TWM2 would have worked better after the end of PoE).

Flou

Arbiter
There is no sequel plans yet so what's Brian Heins doing?

Maybe the Project Director for similar DLC package that would come out early next year? Knowing Paradox they probably won't stop with 3 DLC addons for the game, but would they greenlight more before seeing how well these sell and how much of an impact they have on Tyranny's sales overall?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
but would they greenlight more before seeing how well these sell and how much of an impact they have on Tyranny's sales overall?

Paradox will continue to churn out expansions in the hope that one sells.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"After the end" doesn't mean it continues the game's storyline. It probably just means they let you continue playing in the new areas while the consequences of the main plot are sort of ignored, like the post-endgame of a Bethesda RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom