Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

Whoever recorded this was ... not playing very well. He slapped a fucking fireball right into the scrum at one point, took off half the main characters's HP.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I don't feel like digging, how does magic work in this game now?
giphy.gif

From now on, every instance in Pillars franchise will have good writing in the post Darth Roxor's and Jeff Vogel's editorial on writing.

We have tread into post-Roxor-Vogel's era.

Good writing which of course contains no prose whatsoever and consists solely of vitriolic one-liners with occasional deadpan humour.

One-liners are too extreme. It's important not to overwrite becasue you have more time to edit and polish your writing. And I think that game has to tell a good story too. This is something which can be overlooked.

Last edited:

Sannom

Augur
Some info from Reddit about the chanters :

All phrases in Deadfire have the same base recitation and linger durations. Instead of having different levels of phrases, there's just a single large pool of phrases to choose from. Invocations are still categorized by levels, with higher level invocations being more powerful and costing more phrases.

Chanters have three subclasses. One, the troubadour, has Brisk Recitation as a modal to speed up phrase rate (with commensurately shorter linger) like Sirin. The beckoner is summoning-focused. We haven't talked about the third subclass yet.

The cost scaling for chanter Invocations is also compressed, so the top level Invocs don't cost 9 phrases. You will also start each combat with a small number of phrase count (like breath) that increases with power level.

Overall, chanters should feel like they have more opportunities to use their Invocs and their higher level Invocs should be more accessible earlier in combat.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah, so some classes will have more subclasses? That's good, I was thinking about how the different priests will turn out, because I knew I would've been disappointed in the choice of deities (f.e. I doubted Skaen would be in).

Lacrymas

Arcane
I thought it was 2, too. Weird. Now they are going to limit the list of priest deities arbitrarily, with one of them being Eothas.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I wouldn't have decided on that type of subclasses for priests in the first place. There's no reason to limit the deities in such a way even as a thought experiment, what if I had played a priest of Skaen in PoE1? Will PoE2 retcon my own character lol? I hope they've decided on other subclasses that aren't tied to deity choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom